Last days are here today! Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the whole world as Paul knew it.
So you say. How easily you nullify the Scriptures in order to justify your own materialistic beliefs.

Notice how similar these two passages are. Both preaching to every living creature. That is more than preaching to human beings.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

If Paul meant the world known to him, Jesus would have meant the same world. Your problem seems to be you tend to see things in physical terms, not discerning the spiritual.

Reactions: amadeus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The current civilization will collapse, -- in a year or a thousand years. We have NO IDEA "WHEN" but EVERYBODY PANIC!

Whew,
Bobby Jo
Keep your clothes on and your guns at your side. But Bobby Jo, don't take your guns to town!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say. How easily you nullify the Scriptures in order to justify your own materialistic beliefs.

Notice how similar these two passages are. Both preaching to every living creature. That is more than preaching to human beings.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

If Paul meant the world known to him, Jesus would have meant the same world. Your problem seems to be you tend to see things in physical terms, not discerning the spiritual.

No, Jesus is Emmanuel. All the signs that Jesus foretold are being fulfilled in our generation, whether you see or acknowledge that fact or not.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus is Emmanuel. All the signs that Jesus foretold are being fulfilled in our generation, whether you see or acknowledge that fact or not.
Your saying so doesn't make it so.

You seem to forgetting these passages.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

I have news for you. The Temple was destroyed in 70 AD. That's what Matthew 24 is about too -- it's Jesus' answer to a question about the destruction of the Temple they were seeing with their eyes.

Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

People reject such an easy explanation. They fantasize about another Temple being built so it can be destroyed. They reject "this generation" to mean the very generation Jesus was talking to. They can't believe what he said, so they make "this generation" into "our generation." How complicated!

Doubtlessly you also don't this prophecy was fulfilled yet.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your saying so doesn't make it so.

You seem to forgetting these passages.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

I have news for you. The Temple was destroyed in 70 AD. That's what Matthew 24 is about too -- it's Jesus' answer to a question about the destruction of the Temple they were seeing with their eyes.

Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

People reject such an easy explanation. They fantasize about another Temple being built so it can be destroyed. They reject "this generation" to mean the very generation Jesus was talking to. They can't believe what he said, so they make "this generation" into "our generation." How complicated!

Doubtlessly you also don't this prophecy was fulfilled yet.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

The Temple was indeed destroyed in 70AD just as Jesus foretold, but I was not even addressing that point. I think many of you simply are being used to destroy the message that the soon-coming of Jesus is very near, as it is written. Quote all the Scriptures you want, but satan does that too.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Temple was indeed destroyed in 70AD just as Jesus foretold, but I was not even addressing that point.
Sure you were when you talked about "all the signs" of the end and of his coming. Why contradict yourself like that?

I think many of you simply are being used to destroy the message that the soon-coming of Jesus is very near, as it is written. Quote all the Scriptures you want, but satan does that too.
And I think people like you are being used to make Christians look like idiots and the Bible as if it's full of foolishness. I can be every bit as insulting as you if that's the game you want to play.

Saying Satan can quote the Scriptures does not refute what I wrote. If you can't defend your opinions by quoting some Scriptures yourself, if you cannot explain the Scriptures I gave, why insult me like that? Why not cheerfully admit all of Matthew 24 was about the things that would occur before the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD? Why not cheerfully admit that some people Jesus was talking to did indeed see his return?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure you were when you talked about "all the signs" of the end and of his coming. Why contradict yourself like that?

And I think people like you are being used to make Christians look like idiots and the Bible as if it's full of foolishness. I can be every bit as insulting as you if that's the game you want to play.

Saying Satan can quote the Scriptures does not refute what I wrote. If you can't defend your opinions by quoting some Scriptures yourself, if you cannot explain the Scriptures I gave, why insult me like that? Why not cheerfully admit all of Matthew 24 was about the things that would occur before the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD? Why not cheerfully admit that some people Jesus was talking to did indeed see his return?

You're rambling and angry. The reality of the soon-return of Jesus obviously sets you off, and that certainly doesn't come from above. As to you rearranging the discussion about Matthew 24, I will not partake in your agenda. I have already posted clearly about the point that Jesus addressed in Matthew 24:14.

[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're rambling and angry. The reality of the soon-return of Jesus obviously sets you off, and that certainly doesn't come from above.
I do not see the need for you to get personal with me and insult me like that.
As to you rearranging the discussion about Matthew 24, I will not partake in your agenda. I have already posted clearly about the point that Jesus addressed in Matthew 24:14.

[14] And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
I'm waiting for a rational response. Your use of such phrases as "reality of the soon-return of Jesus" doesn't convince me of anything. Again, you seem to think you can make something real by pronouncing it real.

Paul says the Gospel was preached to every creature, but you say, "No, it wasn't."

I cite Scriptures which refute your positions by saying people Jesus was talking to would witness his return. You ignore them and say Satan can quote the Scriptures. I'm angry? Why would I be?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the whole world as Paul knew it.
NEW FLASH: The "New World" hadn't been discovered during the time of Paul. So I can only expect that the two America's, Australia, and most of the Pacific Islands will be exempt from Jesus' Millennial Kingdom.

Conversely, your Preterist notions are FALSE, and the WHOLE WORLD will be under Jesus' dominion.
Bobby Jo

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm waiting for a rational response. Your use of such phrases as "reality of the soon-return of Jesus" doesn't convince me of anything. Again, you seem to think you can make something real by pronouncing it real.

Are Jesus' words an insult to you?

Paul says the Gospel was preached to every creature, but you say, "No, it wasn't."

A rational person would understand what Paul said.

I cite Scriptures which refute your positions by saying people Jesus was talking to would witness his return. You ignore them and say Satan can quote the Scriptures. I'm angry? Why would I be?

You're diverting the conversation to destroy the message of Jesus' soon return, and you use Scripture incorrectly to do it.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be sure to keep your clothes on, even when bathing.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

For instance, your mockery of Jesus' words. Jesus is not talking about one's clothes, but one's spiritual attire. You're truly out of line.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Jesus' words an insult to you?
Not in the least, and I've no idea what gives you that impression.
A rational person would understand what Paul said.
What that "every creature" means "every creature"? And that the Gospel had already been preached to every living creature?
You're diverting the conversation to destroy the message of Jesus' soon return, and you use Scripture incorrectly to do it.
Still no explanation of the Scriptures I gave you. You say I'm trying to divert the conversation. I say you're ignoring Scriptures which don't fit your theories.

Did I ever say Jesus could not return soon? I don't remember saying that. I'll quote this for you:

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

That was true then for the people who read it when it was written; and I say it's true as well for those who read it today.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For instance, your mockery of Jesus' words. Jesus is not talking about one's clothes, but one's spiritual attire. You're truly out of line.
I was mocking people's materialistic interpretations of the Bible. I am very aware Jesus was speaking of spiritual clothes. Now I ask you, if you can see how Jesus meant something spiritual there, why do you insist on materialistic interpretations in other passages?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was mocking people's materialistic interpretations of the Bible. I am very aware Jesus was speaking of spiritual clothes. Now I ask you, if you can see how Jesus meant something spiritual there, why do you insist on materialistic interpretations in other passages?

Peter warned of mockers.

2 Peter 3
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter warned of mockers.

2 Peter 3
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
You seem not to be reading what I write. I'll repeat it for you.

Did I ever say Jesus could not return soon? I don't remember saying that. I'll quote this for you:

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

That was true then for the people who read it when it was written; and I say it's true as well for those who read it today.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If everything happened in 70 AD, what actually is the point on believing in something that happened 1,950 years ago? We are not going to go back in time and relive those days.

We get the point something happened.

Is there really not anything else in the Bible to talk about than that which already happened?

The British lost the Revolutionary war. Prets are like someone in the UK going on and on that those who claim in the future that Britain will one day pull out of the EU are wrong because 230 years ago, the US became a nation.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If everything happened in 70 AD, what actually is the point on believing in something that happened 1,950 years ago? We are not going to go back in time and relive those days.
What point are you trying to make? If a prophecy has been fulfilled, that would be the point.

We get the point something happened.

Is there really not anything else in the Bible to talk about than that which already happened?

The British lost the Revolutionary war. Prets are like someone in the UK going on and on that those who claim in the future that Britain will one day pull out of the EU are wrong because 230 years ago, the US became a nation.
Sorry, but I don't know where you going with this.

Reactions: Helen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And furthermore, God said He would restore His Church and Prophets and have a mighty outpour of His Holy Spirit and a great revival will take place with signs and wonders following the preaching of His Word.

I've heard a lot of people say this, but I've never heard any of them give a scripture I can look up. Do you know? All I've read is about the great falling away, which seems the opposite. Can you help me out here?

Reactions: Heart2Soul