Latest News Report

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Christchurch earthquake: 'Dead bodies lying around'
http://www.nzherald....jectid=10708013

New Zealand is a little country made up of two Islands...The North and the South . Christchurch is a city in the south Island that has been plagued with many aftershocks since the last quake in September of 2010 at 7.2 on the Richter scale. In that quake...no-one was injured.

Today's quake however, was near the city center and many were killed.

I cannot help but feel...the wider spiritual significance that this quake has, in relation to the Body of Christ. There is shaking going on both physically and spiritually.

Recent New Zealand Earthquakes

Reference Number: 3468635
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 2:50 pm
Magnitude: 5.5
Depth: 5 km
Details: Within 5 km of Lyttelton

Reference Number: 3468630
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 2:39 pm
Magnitude: 4.0
Depth: 8 km
Details: 10 km north-east of Lyttelton

Reference Number: 3468631
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 2:37 pm
Magnitude: 3.4
Details: 30 km south-east of Christchurch

Reference Number: 3468608
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 1:46 pm
Magnitude: 4.4
Details: 10 km east of Lyttelton

Reference Number: 3468595
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 1:21 pm
Magnitude: 4.5
Details: 10 km east of Diamond Harbour

Reference Number: 3468581
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 1:04 pm
Magnitude: 5.7
Depth: 6 km
Details: 10 km south of Christchurch

Reference Number: 3468575
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 12:51 pm
Magnitude: 6.3
Details: 10 km south-east of Christchurch

Reference Number: 3468510
NZDT: Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:16 am
Magnitude: 3.1
Depth: 3 km
Details: 10 km south of Christchurch

Reference Number: 3468090
NZDT: Mon, Feb 21 2011 12:48 pm
Magnitude: 2.5

[link to www.geonet.org.nz]

That's a lot of shaking...please pray for my country! :huh:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FoxkY0CHMRs

Thank you and blessings!!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes ...it is :) I had to find out if my nephews were okay. They both live there...it took so long to get through because over a million calls went through in a few hours.

God is so good!

PS: I know this sounds odd and maybe I'm making more of this then there really is but, today is the 22/2/2011 :huh:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes ...it is :) I had to find out if my nephews were okay. They both live there...it took so long to get through because over a million calls went through in a few hours.

God is so good!

PS: I know this sounds odd and maybe I'm making more of this then there really is but, today is the 22/2/2011 :huh:

Much relieved! Thanks for the update! God bless New Zealand in Jesus name!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I beleive its a sign, a place called Christchurch, (the 'church' of Christ refers to the children of God in the bible') and no one got harmed and I pray for God to protect the 'body' of Christ everyday, thats why its significant to me, I've been thinking this all day then Angelina posted about the date 2.22.11 and it felt like it was confirmation that it was a sign. About the date I dont know if it has any significance, but God speaks to me in numbers sometimes and I added the numbers and they equal '8' which means 'new beginnings' to me..
Just a thought^

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Also I looked up the meaning of the number ten because in 02/22/2011 adds up to ten and the meaning of ten to me that I got from online is that it starts a 'new order' of numbers, like a new generation of number ('1-10'; 11-20''), and ten also implies completeness of the old 'order, '1-10'.
Looked up the definition for the word order it and said 'a command given by a 'superior' that must be obeyed.
Just thoughts..
Devon

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've heard reports on other forums that NZ was affected by this earthquake because of their political stance toward Israel.

What a load of rubbish! The Israel of the bible and Political Israel of today...are not the same! :huh:

According to traditional Jewish law, a Jew is anyone born of a Jewish mother. Our Prime Minister, John Keys [born in NZ] is of Jewish ancestry. His mother is an Austrian Jew.

Blessings!!!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some miracles in the light of Christchurch's earthquake disaster where 75 people are confirmed dead and 300 still missing.

Miracle rescue offers hope in N. Zealand quake

By Chris Foley (AFP) – 1 hour ago
http://www.google.co...71ea4e38c29.441

'Miracle' survival after death-defying decision"
http://www.stuff.co....efying-decision

Quake woman seeks good samaritan
http://tvnz.co.nz/na...maritan-4039301

...watching live: a man who is talking to his wife on her cellphone who is trapped in a classroom as the rescuers begin digging.

God is good!...Blessings
Smileypraying.gif

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Disciple!
Thanks for the update :( that sucks that some died, even though it was miraculous

That is true...but there is still a lot of hope out there...all praise to the rescue efforts and to God!...I just saw this tonight. Just awesome! :)

VIDEO: Dramatic rescue footage inside PGC building
Added: 10:18PM Wednesday February 23, 2011
Source: ONE News
Rescuer Craig Robertson shot this dramatic footage of a successful rescue operation from inside…
http://tvnz.co.nz/na...uilding-4039446

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Latest update:

Aide workers from Australia and the United States are on there way to Christchurch this morning...

"When kingdoms have crumbled for the last time, His mercy endureth forever.

When dictators have waged their wicked battles for the last time, His mercy endureth forever.

When the stars have fallen like untimely figs from a tree shaken by the wind, His mercy endureth forever.

When the sun refuses to shine and the moon has turned as black as sackcloth of hair, His mercy endureth forever.

When people shall die no more and cemeteries shall not dot the horizon, His mercy endureth forever.

When shoulders shall never stoop, nor brows wrinkle, nor faces become furrowed, His mercy endureth forever.

When all of us awake in His likeness to live forever around His throne, His mercy endureth forever.

Blessed be God! His mercy endureth forever!" :)

- Jack Hyles

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Thats good, in the midst of all of this people can still see the good thats going on, like the quote 'sometimes God puts us on our backs so we can look up.' Its good that God gets praise even in times like these.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
An interesting article by Ken Rings regarding the Christchurch earthquake
http://www.predictweather.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=306&type=home

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I've heard reports on other forums that NZ was affected by this earthquake because of their political stance toward Israel.
Very glad you're ok! Could you shed some light on the NZ "political stance" toward the Nation of Israel? Thanks.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Very glad you're ok! Could you shed some light on the NZ "political stance" toward the Nation of Israel? Thanks.

Hmmm...<_< ....thank you for your concern DB

I think that this is what all the fuss may be about...

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Foreign-Relations/Middle-East/2-Arab-Israeli-conflict.php

Bless you!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now the quakes are in the North Island - Wellington, Capital of NZ.

Another quake strikes Wellington
Wellingtonians were awoken this morning by a 4.7 magnitude earthquake, centred 10km northeast of Lower Hutt.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/another-quake-strikes-wellington-4045420