Less is More

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I have found that less is really more. In a psychological sense, the less you actually have reduces the impact of creating more mental attachments. Any object you possess is also an object within your brain, since the brain needs to create more neural pathways for the more things you possess. Non-attachment is not plausible, since the physical object is linked to the possessor simply by a sensory process. We have 5 base senses to experience physical matter (+) feeling's (The crucial component to ownership of an object) that in itself creates a false sense of reality, because objects are inanimate and can not relate to us in the same sensory condition. Consider that an object is more a mirror for your own feeling's, that you only get back what you put in.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have found that less is really more. In a psychological sense, the less you actually have reduces the impact of creating more mental attachments. Any object you possess is also an object within your brain, since the brain needs to create more neural pathways for the more things you possess. Non-attachment is not plausible, since the physical object is linked to the possessor simply by a sensory process. We have 5 base senses to experience physical matter (+) feeling's (The crucial component to ownership of an object) that in itself creates a false sense of reality, because objects are inanimate and can not relate to us in the same sensory condition. Consider that an object is more a mirror for your own feeling's, that you only get back what you put in.

Well... U had me sold with the first line cos I hate city life and long to live in a quite lil bush town to live a simpler life.
I kinda got lost after that but

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Forget this thread and it's particular topic. It is complete garbage)

It's not really garbage. Maybe you were just overanalyzing things. Maybe you long for simplicity in your life. I like to keep things simple in my life, even in regards to my faith.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It's not really garbage. Maybe you were just overanalyzing things. Maybe you long for simplicity in your life. I like to keep things simple in my life, even in regards to my faith.
What do you mean "Your faith" Isn't it the Lord God who gives you his spirit and the inner eyes to see him? So how is it you call it your faith?