Let us talk about angels

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
angel means messenger, anyone can be an Angel. Paul was an Angel during his Time. Moses, Elijah, they were Angels. As far as Cheribum Celestial Being Angels, that's a whole different thing. YOU see my face? That's what angels look like

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
There are various types of angels. One of them Has 6 wings. 2 that cover it's face from the glory of God. 2 that cover it's feet. And 2 that it uses to fly.There is another type of angel that has 4 heads. A lot of it is very different from what the media and society portrays it to be.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;27064)
There are various types of angels. One of them Has 6 wings. 2 that cover it's face from the glory of God. 2 that cover it's feet. And 2 that it uses to fly.There is another type of angel that has 4 heads. A lot of it is very different from what the media and society portrays it to be.
Those are symbolics. They can't be taken literally.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(thesuperjag;27080)
Those are symbolics. They can't be taken literally.
hehe..
rolleyes.gif
Despite the irony of Superjag saying this, I must agree. It is, I believe, symbolic imagery which is jam packed with meaning.I don't believe Angels are messengers in the sense which is presented above however. Yes Angels are messengers, but messengers are not angels, kind of like a Katana is a sword, but a sword is not a Katana.If all angels where human, then the Angel Gabriel who came to Mary and appeared before her was a human. That doesn't seem to make sense with the way Gabriel is understood by the Gospel authors. I think it's quite obvious that the Jews and Christians understood the angels to be beings quite different from themselves. We see this reflected even in extrabiblical material produced by both Jews and Christians.What is interesting is that the Talmud ranks the different angels by type, putting Cherubim at the highest point of authority.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
The cherubim and seraphim . The angels are heavenly beings and real messengers who often walk among men and yet go unnoticed.So told to be hospitable to all who come to oiur door for some have entertained angels unaware.I believe angels still amongst us and yes they are still working the plan of the Father through.Love Faith,

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Biblical Tetragramaton;27082)
(thesuperjag;27080)
Those are symbolics. They can't be taken literally.
hehe..
rolleyes.gif
Despite the irony of Superjag saying this, I must agree. It is, I believe, symbolic imagery which is jam packed with meaning.I don't believe Angels are messengers in the sense which is presented above however. Yes Angels are messengers, but messengers are not angels, kind of like a Katana is a sword, but a sword is not a Katana.If all angels where human, then the Angel Gabriel who came to Mary and appeared before her was a human. That doesn't seem to make sense with the way Gabriel is understood by the Gospel authors. I think it's quite obvious that the Jews and Christians understood the angels to be beings quite different from themselves. We see this reflected even in extrabiblical material produced by both Jews and Christians.What is interesting is that the Talmud ranks the different angels by type, putting Cherubim at the highest point of authority.I hope you realize that no human can be angels yet, because we are flesh. Angels are NOT flesh.Jag

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Angels are powerful---- look what happened in 2Kings 19:35 where one angel smote 185,000 Assyrians.Just keep that in mind next time you tell your kids to "act like an angel" while you are gone lest you come home and find everyone in your neighborhood slain.
biggrin.gif

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
Judges 13:2-7The angel of the Lord appeared to Manoah’s wife.She told her husband; "A man of God came to me. He looked like an angel of God, very awesome. I didn't ask him where he came from, and he didn't tell me his name.”Judges 13:9-11God heard Manoah, and the angel of God came again to the woman while she was out in the field; but her husband Manoah was not with her. 10 The woman hurried to tell her husband, "He's here! The man who appeared to me the other day!" 11 Manoah got up and followed his wife. When he came to the man, he said, "Are you the one who talked to my wife?" "I am," he said. Awesome ManJudges 13:1616 The angel of the LORD replied, "Even though you detain me, I will not eat any of your food. But if you prepare a burnt offering, offer it to the LORD." (Manoah did not realize that it was the angel of the LORD .) No special features such as white clothes and wings so that Manoah did not recognize him.Judges 13:20-21 20 As the flame blazed up from the altar toward heaven, the angel of the LORD ascended in the flame. Seeing this, Manoah and his wife fell with their faces to the ground. 21 When the angel of the LORD did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was the angel of the LORD . Angels are Spirit being but will appear to human as a man.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
If those are symbolic, then the angels such as Gabriel don't have wings. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;27312)
If those are symbolic, then the angels such as Gabriel don't have wings. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Aren't we all made in the image of God and of the angels? If yes, do we have wings on our back? I'm afraid not. It's man-made, because I can't trust a single thing I see physically. I rather rely on Him since He speaks symbolic. Wisdom cometh from God and God only.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(thesuperjag;27315)
Aren't we all made in the image of God and of the angels? If yes, do we have wings on our back? I'm afraid not. It's man-made, because I can't trust a single thing I see physically. I rather rely on Him since He speaks symbolic. Wisdom cometh from God and God only.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
The image of God, in which we are made, is not physical. God is not a man, only man is a "god" on account of his nature, not his physique.

Nov 8, 2007
(Tyrel;27342)
The image of God, in which we are made, is not physical. God is not a man, only man is a "god" on account of his nature, not his physique.
I too believe this. People think Angels are only masculine and So is God. Because he's referred to as he many times. Galatians 3:28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.The Image and Likeness of God is both Feminine and Masculine.But I'm digressing, I agree with you Tyrel, I'M SHOCKED LOL JP :eek:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;27364)
(Tyrel;27342)
I too believe this. People think Angels are only masculine and So is God. Because he's referred to as he many times. Galatians 3:28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.The Image and Likeness of God is both Feminine and Masculine.But I'm digressing, I agree with you Tyrel, I'M SHOCKED LOL JP :eek:That's nice of twisting scriptures Unorthodox Christian NOT! There are only male and female flesh. There is no such thing as a female angel as ALL souls are male. In Genesis 6, we see fallen angels marrying flesh woman.Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.This won't happen until this flesh age is over. As we all will changed back to our original form...the spiritual body. As everybody is a male. (Just not the flesh part)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Nov 8, 2007
smh, Are you going to overlook the Scripture I gave you? If Adam is Of God, Eve is from Adam, where did the Attributes primarily come from? God himself! You give me that scripture, but there is not giving into Marriage, BECAUSE WE ARE THE BRIDE OF ISHI(HUSBAND IN HEBREW) OF YESHUA HAMASHIACH

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;27369)
smh, Are you going to overlook the Scripture I gave you? If Adam is Of God, Eve is from Adam, where did the Attributes primarily come from? God himself! You give me that scripture, but there is not giving into Marriage, BECAUSE WE ARE THE BRIDE OF ISHI(HUSBAND IN HEBREW) OF YESHUA HAMASHIACH
And you miss the whole point here. Adam and Eve are FLESH Angels are not FLESH There is a male and female FLESH But there is no female angels. All SOULS are males.Let me ask you a question? Did you know that you existed in this planet before you were flesh? In a spiritual body before this Age?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Nov 8, 2007
I know we Did, but then let me ask you, were in the Bible does it say that all Spirits are Masculine? That we all become males when we die? That's not in the bible, WITH THOSE exact words brother.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;27372)
I know we Did, but then let me ask you, were in the Bible does it say that all Spirits are Masculine? That we all become males when we die? That's not in the bible, WITH THOSE exact words brother.
And where is in the bible saying there is a female spirits? I find it disgusting to even think about this. If there were female spirits as well, these spirits would be making babies spirits which makes another "male" or "female" spirits. I find this completely absurd.Let me remind you that we can not see spirits in our flesh eyes, so to speak...but we can discern them whether they are of God or not.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.