Life Training

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. - Galatians 4:1-2

The circumstances of life are orchestrated by your father. We feel we know our father, but there are those that do not know their father has them in his training coarse for the "making of son's." They feel if good things are happening their father is working, and when bad things hit it is the devil come to harass them, do his dirty deeds. It may be the devil at times but it does not matter because your father has you in his school of training. He birthed you and now by the finished work of God he works in an individual life. That is very personal, many of you have felt that because of what you have gone through as a believer. You know how you can tell when a believer has had the grace of God poured out on them? Because of what they go through (my grace is sufficient).

There are moments when you will feel the training is to severe and cannot endure it, but you will never have more than you can handle. Your life situations will never be more than you as a personal soul can endure. A note on that is; most believers can take alot, they handle what comes their way. It may not be the road they would like to be on but it is something they know they can endure. The grace of God will always be present. There is something about grace you learn, when you get in a situation you will learn a new grace which will be sufficient to bring you through. You can feel grace.

An example of that is: it may be a loved one sick, or a child needs special care, or you may be the only one that can take care and provide for a parent, or the job situation, or even a church situation. There are so many scenarios of situations in a life that you could not mention all of them because every life is different. What does not change is "my grace is sufficient" and how the father leads his children. Happy trails to you.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. - Galatians 4:1-2

The circumstances of life are orchestrated by your father. We feel we know our father, but there are those that do not know their father has them in his training coarse for the "making of son's." They feel if good things are happening their father is working, and when bad things hit it is the devil come to harass them, do his dirty deeds. It may be the devil at times but it does not matter because your father has you in his school of training. He birthed you and now by the finished work of God he works in an individual life. That is very personal, many of you have felt that because of what you have gone through as a believer. You know how you can tell when a believer has had the grace of God poured out on them? Because of what they go through (my grace is sufficient).

There are moments when you will feel the training is to severe and cannot endure it, but you will never have more than you can handle. Your life situations will never be more than you as a personal soul can endure. A note on that is; most believers can take alot, they handle what comes their way. It may not be the road they would like to be on but it is something they know they can endure. The grace of God will always be present. There is something about grace you learn, when you get in a situation you will learn a new grace which will be sufficient to bring you through. You can feel grace.

An example of that is: it may be a loved one sick, or a child needs special care, or you may be the only one that can take care and provide for a parent, or the job situation, or even a church situation. There are so many scenarios of situations in a life that you could not mention all of them because every life is different. What does not change is "my grace is sufficient" and how the father leads his children. Happy trails to you.

Great post Soulman,
When one finally understands what His grace is all about, it hit's you like a ton of bricks! "my grace is sufficient for you" is something that made all the difference in my own life and, it will never be forgotten, nor abused! He sure is the God of impossibilities! Trust and faith... :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So true. Father once told me that He loved me with an everlasting love. Later He told me that He'd never leave me nor forsake me. Later still He told me that I'd been faithful with little and that He was going to give me more. Then it was like a bomb went off in my life. It's been twenty years and the fire of affliction is still hot.
I now understand the Lord's "strange work" talked about in Isaiah 28:21. I am intimately acquainted with it. It is only by His grace that I made it through. It's good to talk with people who have experienced a similar thing. Now if only the body at large would accept that suffering is supposed to be a normal part of a Christian's life. As it is, most will quickly swallow anything that says they should only have the good life. Which is a lie.
In Isaiah, God is angry at the person. He was very gentle with me and made sure I understood that He wasn't punishing me before I entered the process. I had spiritual open-heart surgery. If one had physical heart surgery, it would be painful but he wouldn't think the doctor was mad at him. Like I know that He wasn't mad at me. From an eternal perspective, it makes sense.
The reason I went through it is that I'd told Him many times to do with me what He wanted. His purpose was to prepare me for the ministry He has for me. Shalom.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true. Father once told me that He loved me with an everlasting love. Later He told me that He'd never leave me nor forsake me. Later still He told me that I'd been faithful with little and that He was going to give me more. Then it was like a bomb went off in my life. It's been twenty years and the fire of affliction is still hot.
I now understand the Lord's "strange work" talked about in Isaiah 28:21. I am intimately acquainted with it. It is only by His grace that I made it through. It's good to talk with people who have experienced a similar thing. Now if only the body at large would accept that suffering is supposed to be a normal part of a Christian's life. As it is, most will quickly swallow anything that says they should only have the good life. Which is a lie.
In Isaiah, God is angry at the person. He was very gentle with me and made sure I understood that He wasn't punishing me before I entered the process. I had spiritual open-heart surgery. If one had physical heart surgery, it would be painful but he wouldn't think the doctor was mad at him. Like I know that He wasn't mad at me. From an eternal perspective, it makes sense.
The reason I went through it is that I'd told Him many times to do with me what He wanted. His purpose was to prepare me for the ministry He has for me. Shalom.

Wow great testimony, I would like to comment later thanks

Reactions: Truman

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another good post Soulman,

"There are moments when you will feel the training is to severe and cannot endure it, but you will never have more than you can handle. Your life situations will never be more than you as a personal soul can endure. A note on that is; most believers can take alot, they handle what comes their way. It may not be the road they would like to be on but it is something they know they can endure. The grace of God will always be present. There is something about grace you learn, when you get in a situation you will learn a new grace which will be sufficient to bring you through. You can feel grace."

"It may not be the road they would like to be on but it is something they know they can endure."

Philippians 4:11-12
11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."
12 I know how to live humbly, and I know how to abound. I am accustomed to any and every situation—to being filled and being hungry, to having plenty and having need.…"

And yeah, you can feel His grace ! ..it's more like a resting thing though.

your mind never stops Soulman, lol...that's awesome cause it's obvious your mind is on Christ all the time brother. :)

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"There are moments when you will feel the training is to severe and cannot endure it, but you will never have more than you can handle. Your life situations will never be more than you as a personal soul can endure. A note on that is; most believers can take alot, they handle what comes their way. It may not be the road they would like to be on but it is something they know they can endure. The grace of God will always be present. There is something about grace you learn, when you get in a situation you will learn a new grace which will be sufficient to bring you through. You can feel grace."

"It may not be the road they would like to be on but it is something they know they can endure."

11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."
12 I know how to live humbly, and I know how to abound. I am accustomed to any and every situation—to being filled and being hungry, to having plenty and having need.…"

your mind never stops Soulman, lol...that's awesome cause it's obvious your mind is on Christ all the time brother. :)

Great scriptures, to go with the thread. You remember we just did some stuff from Philippians, I love the book of Philippians. Thank you for the kind words, It is always good to see you.

Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think most Christian's if not all know something about the molding and making of son's. Some have been in the schoolhouse all their life, going from one C and S gang to another. It is just built into creation, just like a storm is built into creation. It does not necessarily mean the father is there putting stuff on us. I wouldn't put it past him at times lol because he is a good father and knows the change and outcome. Suffering just is but they that endure to the end. Our father does not let what we go through be forgotten, he is always involved in his children's life just as a good parent. We cannot compare him to an earthy parent, though there are comparison's.

Reactions: Truman and Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call him a good parent because he is. We can get a notion that he is kind of like our earthly parent but in a way that is a bad comparison in to many ways. For instance; when believer is in correction just because I want out or kick and scream for him to stop he knows what we need. His understanding is so different from an earthly parent, that is really why you can't compare the two. Yet he is a loving parent as most earthly parents.

Reactions: Truman and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call him a good parent because he is. We can get a notion that he is kind of like our earthly parent but in a way that is a bad comparison in to many ways. For instance; when believer is in correction just because I want out or kick and scream for him to stop he knows what we need. His understanding is so different from an earthly parent, that is really why you can't compare the two. Yet he is a loving parent as most earthly parents.

That's for sure!
Knowing the Fathers love for many can be difficult, if they had an abusive father. The only earthly father they can relate to is a very bad example and then could carry that over onto the True Father. At least, at first. And no, there is NO comparison! My sibs and I did not have exactly an 'abusive' father other than he was 'absent'...even when at home. He had a tough life and was always angry and short tempered. We kids didn't understand much of his growing up years and what he went through as, he didn't even tell my mom so much. The only time I said I love you to him was on his deathbed back in 1990. And, I will be ever grateful God gave me that chance. :)

Reactions: Truman and soul man

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

your mind never stops Soulman, lol...that's awesome cause it's obvious your mind is on Christ all the time brother. :)[/QUOTE Once as I was reading Ezekiel where the Spirit left the temple, God illuminated it to me. It scared me. I ended up deciding that He must've been talking about someone else. Then I was hit by a perfect storm that I didn't see coming. I was in a dark and scary place and I didn't know where God was.
Three weeks later I was sitting in a seminar classroom. As the video we were watching was ending, the guy in it read, "See, I lay in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic." Isaiah 28:16b. As I sat there, I saw in the spirit realm a chief cornerstone fly into my side. I understood what had happened and burst out in sobs of relief.
The video ended and as each of the 4 staff members walked past me, each one patted me on the shoulder and said things like "It's going to be okay now, Ron," "What just happened to you was a good thing." I don' think I've ever been more relieved.
I believe what I'd experienced was what Jesus experienced when He said, "Father, why have You forsaken me?" Part of dying with Jesus. I feel so bad for Him, and I will be forever grateful that He did the Father's will. Christian, we need to always keep this in sight. This is how much He loves us. Hallelujah! Amen.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh how He works! I so wish more of the people I know that are unbelievers had ears to hear.
Your experience with chief cornerstone is wonderful! And, just something else to build your faith and trust. I bet you still get chills thinking about it :)

Reactions: Truman