Living Fruit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth - Ephesians 5:9.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. - Galatians 5:22-23.

Religion has always had a twist on lifestyle that doing good makes you someone like a Christian or some other expressed belief. Sinner's do good all the time so that kind of shoots down the "good" theory. So if that is the case how do we know people are saved, born again. By the scriptures, you have to go by the only truth on the matter. Man can purport all the theories he can come up with but it will hold no water. The only proof we can have is by the scriptures and they tell you that you must believe unto salvation. So when a person would believe then we can assume they are born again by the scriptures.

Doing good or trying (it usally ends in some kind of failure) can only be an expression of what the person believes.

Example: if I think by my goodness I can be a Christian you are making Christianity a salvation of goodness.

Your goodness will always end up in some other kind of jumbled up mess of thinking you could do it and then realizing you can't. Problem with that is when we realize we cannot maintain goodness we will not admit it because that would determine my salvation that is based on goodness and I (in my mind) would not have salvation so most say nothing like it doesn't exist. But the other problem you will have is it does exsist and people are going to question it and then there is no answers.

One thing that is popular to say when goodness runs out "oh they are just human." The is a cope out; if that is true why didn't we say that to begin with. Now the excuses start to fly and we have no witness. Can you see the point in staying with what is written, you will never have to lie if you understand scripture and use it only in "what is salvation." Such as honesty, truth, contentment, peace, love and against such there is no law.

You see where that goes, it goes into His fruit in me, the fruit of the Spirit. That fruit does not come from you, it may come out of you but you cannot produce anything remotely that looks like fruit of the Spirit. When you live salvation who can judge you based on you being patient or content or happy or sad. No one will ever judge you based on being patient or loving, can you see that. How can you ever judge based on fruit of the Spirit. Read the verses that lead up to living salvation, who in their right mind would judge you because of you loving unconditionally.

Wow that blows religion away because all they have in mind is providing what they believe is truth or salvation. You learn as you grow up into Him that your salvation is a person and the person of Christ is in you and is the only one that can produce anything that looks remotely like what we can call Christianity. That is why we call Christianity is a lifestyle, but the lifestyle is not based on goodness it is based on the person in you and the person in you is all the things the scriptures says He is. Glory to God!

I think most know this but you have to keep in mind "the fruit of the Spirit" is the Spirit with a capital S. Meaning it is His Spirit not yours that produces fruit.

Last edited: