Prayer for loneliness and friendships

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd like prayer for me feeling lonely and not having any friend for over 5 years who has time for me everyday or not necessarily everyday but as much as I need a friend, online or real life friend or both especially eventually in real life and if online, preferably a single guy rather than a female but a female as an extra would be nice too. I admit that I don't want to be everyone's friend. I'd like to have at least one friend I can relate to who would support me and really like me too. I always give God the benefit that I don't have this yet because of a reason. Thanks for the prayers.

Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
there are definitely people I like and care about but they're not really my friend or suitable or relatable and I want that. Thanks for the prayers.
I also see how Charles Stanley had experience/interaction with God so I have faith in Jesus Christ that He is able but just having being silent on this for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you.
and yet there is a FRIEND who sticketh closer than a brother .
UNTO HE , let the lambs CLING . and let us continue in prayer and may the lambs gather even in tiny groups
and point to CHRIST alone , all biblical sound doctrine whereby one may grow .
It be LORD praising n thanking time in the building .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At times one may wonder how on earth LOTT must have felt .
Even the prophet elisha saw great evils and felt he was alone .
BUT there is always a remnant . Though it do be small . THE LORD is with the lambs .
Imagine how lott must have felt , being surrounded the evil doers and seeing and hearing thier unlawful deeds
which must have been quite vexing on the soul .
ONLY one does not have to imagine THAT , for we are now living in those days
wherein sin is no longer hidden but rather GLORIED ,celebrated , honored in the streets .
OH YEAH TIME IS RUNNING OUT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like prayer for me feeling lonely and not having any friend for over 5 years who has time for me everyday or not necessarily everyday but as much as I need a friend, online or real life friend or both especially eventually in real life and if online, preferably a single guy rather than a female but a female as an extra would be nice too. I admit that I don't want to be everyone's friend. I'd like to have at least one friend I can relate to who would support me and really like me too. I always give God the benefit that I don't have this yet because of a reason. Thanks for the prayers.
Praying for you

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for this wonderful forum, where your children can come together in community to fellowship, to learn from one another and share life together.

And Father, thank you so, so much for the blessing of @thelord's_pearl in this community. I always sense a sincere and gentle spirit in every post.

Father, at this time, I lift up @thelord's_pearl to you. I ask that you comfort her in her loneliness. Fill her heart with contentment in this season to draw closer to you. Prepare her soul for the wonderful friend you have planned for her to make her life complete and more joyful. Let her be receptive to this friend's ways, tolerant of this friend's need to keep growing in your spirit, fit and fill each others gaps and brokenness, rejoice in their shared life experience, sense of humor, interests, concerns and goals.

In this way Father, it is @thelord's_pearl who will be the blessing to the friend you have planned. It will not be a one-way-ship but a back and forth, relay-tion-ship. It will be by divine appointment that they enrich each other's lives beyond measure in your Spirit and through your blessed Son.

In Jesus name I pray. Amen!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for this wonderful forum, where your children can come together in community to fellowship, to learn from one another and share life together.

And Father, thank you so, so much for the blessing of @thelord's_pearl in this community. I always sense a sincere and gentle spirit in every post.

Father, at this time, I lift up @thelord's_pearl to you. I ask that you comfort her in her loneliness. Fill her heart with contentment in this season to draw closer to you. Prepare her soul for the wonderful friend you have planned for her to make her life complete and more joyful. Let her be receptive to this friend's ways, tolerant of this friend's need to keep growing in your spirit, fit and fill each others gaps and brokenness, rejoice in their shared life experience, sense of humor, interests, concerns and goals.

In this way Father, it is @thelord's_pearl who will be the blessing to the friend you have planned. It will not be a one-way-ship but a back and forth, relay-tion-ship. It will be by divine appointment that they enrich each other's lives beyond measure in your Spirit and through your blessed Son.

In Jesus name I pray. Amen!
You made my day and made me happier when you said this. Thank you!

Why will you not say? Do you say what is in your heart's desire to God? Ask and you will receive, dear one.
I don't want to say because I don't want anyone to be fake to me or anyone so I try not to say. I do say what's in my heart's desire to God.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be the friend you want to have, just keep loving forgiving and supporting others as you would like God to support you. And God will send you more people to help with that mutual process.

Be the friend TO YOURSELF that you would want. Remember to be kind, forgiving understanding and encouraging to yourself as you would to a friend feeling lonely or lacking support.

We can be the hardest critic or worst enemy to ourselves, so remember to pray to forgive and not hold onto negative patterns or perception of the past. Giving up all that fear and bad history to God through Jesus let's God in to transform us through Christ. Forgiveness is key. Always agree to ask and receive that and God can fix the rest.

Take care and congrats in advance on making and growing many more wonderful friendships in fellowship with Christ Jesus. Amen and hugs love and more power of grace to you!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just had an eye-opener about me being lonely and the danger that could be for me that I also have to be really careful to who I talk to as some people can take advantage of you. Other than that, I did meet an online friend shortly after I made this thread who also has no friends in real life currently and is lonely. I will be going out today so I won't be lonely all the time.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also have to be really careful to who I talk to as some people can take advantage of you.
Ate Chinese food yesterday that read, "Be careful what you tell others."

The risk is not merely that they can take advantage of you. The risk includes you trying too hard to establish intimacy before the relationship is ready for it. This also has the effect of dishonoring the intimate details of your life that are and should be so important to you and those that love you.

For instance, my stepdaughters treat my wife like crap. Before we got married, my wife lamented my criticism of them. I told her in no uncertain terms that my relationship with them will never be good as long as they treat my wife like crap! That gave her cause to pause and straightened out the cause and effect of why are things the way they are.

The root cause problem is not that they don't like me. The root cause problem is their failure to honor their mother, my wife and I won't have it. If they don't like my moral condemnation of them, they have the power to correct their failure. Until then. Too bad.

I don't tell the dynamics of this relationship with everyone. The Bible says pastors need to have their own house in order before they can lead the congregation. Therefore, I can not be a church leader because of these horrible, grown women who do nothing but stick it to my wife every chance they get.

By contrast, the daughters I raised treat my wife (my 2nd wife) with respect and genuine concern. She has left their house in tears, feeling their love, and knowing that is how it should be with her own daughters but it is not.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ate Chinese food yesterday that read, "Be careful what you tell others."
Really?! That is really scary! You read this after or then I posted about it!

Anyway, I want to just say that I like the friendships I have on here like @Lambano, @dev553344, @quietthinker, @Nancy, @Debp, @amadeus, @Wrangler, etc, but I need real life friends that can go out with me mid-week for example, and be a good enough match, at least 1 friend or a few taking turns and that is hard which I need prayer for and those people who will have time for me. Thanks everyone for the prayers!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just to let you guys know, I didn't use the right word when I said that some people might take advantage of you, what I was more meaning to say was that some people might disrespect you but not everyone is like that so anyway, I'll stop at that.
@Chain Breaker too! I like your friendship on the forum.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Chain Breaker too! I like your friendship on the forum.
Thank you! I've been in the same situation for years, sometimes still feel like I am, and its the worst. Talking online isn't a perfect replacement for real life friends but at least its something. If anyone on here feels the same and wants to talk with someone you can always message me.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you! I've been in the same situation for years, sometimes still feel like I am, and its the worst. Talking online isn't a perfect replacement for real life friends but at least its something. If anyone on here feels the same and wants to talk with someone you can always message me.

you're welcome. The pandemic for 3 years definitely made it harder and longer for me to find friendships as I stopped going to church and even going to church was not helpful during those times. I just haven't been in the right place at the right time and there can be so many reasons as to why someone can't be your friend. Only God can surely help us with that. great, now I know I can message you as you're lacking friends too. online friends help, but real life friends who really like you feels even better. I have an online friend right now that I got shortly after I asked for prayer in this thread, who is very similar to me and acts like he really likes me and he does and he is light-hearted, I think he's funny and shows a lot of interest in me and shows that he cares about me and has a lot of time for me but he knows that I'm older than him and we're just friends.

Prayer for loneliness and friendships​

What bugalugs, you want both?
lol, you're funny quietthinker. :)Yeah to write it more correctly, it should've been "Prayer about loneliness and for friendships".

Reactions: Nancy