Prayer for loneliness and friendships

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd like prayer for me feeling lonely and not having any friend for over 5 years who has time for me everyday or not necessarily everyday but as much as I need a friend, online or real life friend or both especially eventually in real life and if online, preferably a single guy rather than a female but a female as an extra would be nice too. I admit that I don't want to be everyone's friend. I'd like to have at least one friend I can relate to who would support me and really like me too. I always give God the benefit that I don't have this yet because of a reason. Thanks for the prayers.
Realistically not many people have time for interacting with friends or extended family on a daily basis, but I would say to let loneliness cause you to draw near to God, sis. Keep seeking Him, because truly He is the only one who can really comfort us in our need......there is an emptiness that I think most people feel at least at times, that only God can fill. We can talk to Him like a friend, cry on His shoulder so to speak, and in this way cast our cares on Him, because He cares for us. Friendships can offer a distraction from feeling lonely while not really be fulfilling our true need, because our true need could be something deeper than we think. Trust that the Lord knows what you need and is working even this together for your good. We need a certain amount of suffering in this life for our spiritual good. Try to take it one day at a time with Jesus, be seeking His will, and one day you might find loneliness isn't even an issue any more.

• Love
Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
there are definitely people I like and care about but they're not really my friend or suitable or relatable and I want that. Thanks for the prayers.
I also see how Charles Stanley had experience/interaction with God so I have faith in Jesus Christ that He is able but just having being silent on this for some reason.
I think to have a friend you first have to be a friend.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Realistically not many people have time for interacting with friends or extended family on a daily basis, but I would say to let loneliness cause you to draw near to God, sis. Keep seeking Him, because truly He is the only one who can really comfort us in our need......there is an emptiness that I think most people feel at least at times, that only God can fill. We can talk to Him like a friend, cry on His shoulder so to speak, and in this way cast our cares on Him, because He cares for us. Friendships can offer a distraction from feeling lonely while not really be fulfilling our true need, because our true need could be something deeper than we think. Trust that the Lord knows what you need and is working even this together for your good. We need a certain amount of suffering in this life for our spiritual good. Try to take it one day at a time with Jesus, be seeking His will, and one day you might find loneliness isn't even an issue any more.
I disagree!! We need friends! we need fellowship! That's how we were created as social creatures. friends are a support! It's even biblical.

Reactions: Lambano

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree!! We need friends! we need fellowship! That's how we were created as social creatures. friends are a support! It's even biblical.
In the meantime if there is no fellowship to be found, does that mean God is somehow coming up short in one's life? He leads us through trials and seasons for a reason. Times of leanness or lack in any area can be opportunities to learn to transfer our needs to Him and trust Him in it, that His grace is sufficient. When I prayed and cried out to the Lord about lacking and needing fellowship, He was quick with His answer in the scripture that says "When I called Abraham I called him alone...". It wasn't what I wanted to hear at all, but I needed to learn to submit to His will and trust and be patient in it.

• Love
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the meantime if there is no fellowship to be found, does that mean God is somehow coming up short in one's life? He leads us through trials and seasons for a reason. Times of leanness or lack in any area can be opportunities to learn to transfer our needs to Him and trust Him in it, that His grace is sufficient. When I prayed and cried out to the Lord about lacking and needing fellowship, He was quick with His answer in the scripture that says "When I called Abraham I called him alone...". It wasn't what I wanted to hear at all, but I needed to learn to submit to His will and trust and be patient in it.
Alright, if I don't have any real life friend who I'd like to be friends with then it's God's will and there's a reason. I'll update if I find out the reason. I have just been feeling so depressed about not having any real life friend who I'd like to be friends with and who is a good enough match but now it's the holidays so I will feel better.

Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Alright, if I don't have any real life friend who I'd like to be friends with then it's God's will and there's a reason. I'll update if I find out the reason. I have just been feeling so depressed about not having any real life friend who I'd like to be friends with and who is a good enough match but now it's the holidays so I will feel better.
Be encouraged sister. Nothing wrong at all with praying and asking Him, but at the very least if there are no friends to be found at this time, know that God is working it together for your good. A believer's path is not an easy path, but He is with us in it, and we can let whatever pain we are experiencing cause us to draw near to Him. I believe for one thing He wants us to learn to have fellowship with Him above all. And whatever negative experiences happen to be on our plate, we are more than conquerors in it.....because the Lord is turning it around for our spiritual good (Rom. 8). "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thess. 5:18) Blessings to you.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One of my daughters has masses of friends but I and my other daughter are like you and have no close female friends. I have often prayed for a friend but to no avail so I think God likes me the way I am. Perhaps I'm not very good at befriending, but whatever the reason God knows and I am content with my closeness to Him.

A few years ago my husband prayed for a Muslim friend. God answered his prayer in the person of Faisal who lived further up our road. We first met him when we were carrying heavy bags home from the shop. He insisted on carrying my bags. And every time after that he greeted us a 'friends' and called me sister. he brought food to our house and we invited him in BUT he couldn't speak a word of English. So be prepared that if God answers your prayer it may not be in the way you hope.

Reactions: Lizbeth and Lambano

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like prayer for me feeling lonely and not having any friend for over 5 years who has time for me everyday or not necessarily everyday but as much as I need a friend, online or real life friend or both especially eventually in real life and if online, preferably a single guy rather than a female but a female as an extra would be nice too. I admit that I don't want to be everyone's friend. I'd like to have at least one friend I can relate to who would support me and really like me too. I always give God the benefit that I don't have this yet because of a reason. Thanks for the prayers.
I lost my best friend when my mom passed away over ... gee must be going on 30 years now.
I never had any "friends" . I had my husband and my daughter, but one is gone and the other lives too far to visit often.
Fot the last 6 years I been living alone with the Lord and this forum. This is where I call home and where my friends are.
Then the Lord sent me my dad last spring and now I have company.... we get along and support each other.

I prefer less distractions in my life. It helps me focus.
But thats me.
I'll be praying that the Lord sends someone your way who is faithful and true to help ease your lonliness.
Just remember Jesus is never far away. In fact he is closer than any person could ever be.

Hugs

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I went to church today and this girl/lady was so friendly to me and said hi to my family. I see her as a potential friend but possibly going to be too busy for me but I have her e-mail. I can still e-mail her, it's better than nothing. she seems like she would like me or wouldn't mind being friends with me.
Good news, I'm pleased for you. But I'm pretty sure there are also ladies on this site who would e-mail you.