Lord Jesus Pointed Directly to the Coming of a False Christ First

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 pointed directly in warning about the coming of a false-Christ that will appear on earth first, prior to His return.

The Matthew 24:23-26 Scripture is a bit tricky, because the KJV translators didn't follow the Greek perfectly involving the singular tense. They instead made it plural, when the CONTEXT per the Greek is actually about a singular coming antichrist, or false-Christ.

Matt 24:21-26
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The above warning Jesus gave set the time of this. It is for the time of "great tribulation".

Matt 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.

What is the context of the above warning statement by Lord Jesus? Is He pointing to many Christs plural, or to a singular Christ? He is pointing to a SINGULAR false Christ.

In that time, or the "great tribulation", if someone comes up to you and says that, "Lo, here is Christ, or there", they will be pointing to a singular one they believe is The Christ. That word "Christ" there is christos in the Greek, and is the word for a singular Christ.

No brainer right? It's easy to know Lord Jesus is pointing to a singular false Christ by that statement, right?

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

What about the above "false Christs" Jesus mentioned? It is the Greek word 'pseudochristoi' per several Greek Interlinears, but Strong's Exhaustive Concordance has "false Christs" as Greek 'pseudochristos'. Greek christoi is plural, but christos is singular.

And thus Dr. James Strong in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance has pseudochristos defined as...

NT:5580
pseudochristos (psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos); from NT:5571 and NT:5547; a spurious Messiah:
KJV - false Christ.
(Strong's Exhaustive Concordance)

Dr. James Strong defined that Greek pseudochristos to mean "a spurious Messiah".

Does that idea of a singular pseudo-Christ match the context of what Lord Jesus is saying here?? You bet it does!

Matthew 24:25-26
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you,
"Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
KJV

Shouldn't the KJV translators have translated that "He is in the desert" as "THEY are in the desert"?, since they translated the previous "false Christs" as plural?

Same with "He is in the secret chambers", shouldn't that have been translated as, "They are in the secret chambers"??

How do we reconcile these Scriptures then?

The KEY:
is to understand that BOTH a singular "antichrist" is prophesied to come, and also "many antichrists" are prophesied, even that the many are already at work (1 John 2:18). In Matthew 24:4-5 Lord Jesus warned about the coming of the "many antichrists", when He said many would come in His name, saying, "I am Christ".

But this pseudo-christos in Matthew 24:23-26 is different, because Lord Jesus was pointing to a specific false one the deceived will be saying is The Christ. And that in conjunction with that single false one working "great signs and wonders" so powerful in deception, that IF... it were possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect.

This means that coming False-Christ is going to appear and work in every way possible how our Lord Jesus would appear, working supernatural signs and wonders and miracles. Revelation 13:11 forward even reveals that false one will rain fire down from heaven to the earth in the sight of men.

Forget... all the old stereotypes of the old false kings of empires per past history that claimed to be God. Those were about flesh men claiming to be God without power to work supernatural signs and wonders. This coming pseudo-Christ apparently will not be flesh human born.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the above "false Christs" Jesus mentioned? It is the Greek word 'pseudochristoi' per several Greek Interlinears, but Strong's Exhaustive Concordance has "false Christs" as Greek 'pseudochristos'. Greek christoi is plural, but christos is singular.
Are you aware of what is called the "Lexical form" of words? That's where what's considered the base form of a word is shown. When you read a Strong's number in the interlinear, it's pointing you to the lexical form.

Use what you see in the Greek Texts, not the way you see a word listed in the concordance or lexicon.

Matthew 24:5 KJV
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:23-24 KJV
23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

1691440735852.png

This is very plainly plural. False Christs.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Meditation

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed Davy,
And, do you agree that the 1st white horse rider with a bow and no arrows is the imposter?
Since I am so used to the KJV, I've always been a bit confused over the tenses. Thanks for clearing that one up.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you aware of what is called the "Lexical form" of words? That's where what's considered the base form of a word is shown. When you read a Strong's number in the interlinear, it's pointing you to the lexical form.

Use what you see in the Greek Texts, not the way you see a word listed in the concordance or lexicon.

23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

View attachment 35303

Much love!
Back to square one, lol. Sigh.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed Davy,
And, do you agree that the 1st white horse rider with a bow and no arrows is the imposter?
Since I am so used to the KJV, I've always been a bit confused over the tenses. Thanks for clearing that one up.
Personally, I see the white horse rider to be the beast, in the sense of the empire. And then later when we see the beast from the earth and the beast from the sea, I think these are the individual people.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I see the white horse rider to be the beast, in the sense of the empire. And then later when we see the beast from the earth and the beast from the sea, I think these are the individual people.

Much love!
Not an easy book to understand, for sure. My belief was that the beasts rising from the sea were evil Kingdoms to come, or I suppose they could be called people lol. We will all find out on that day, who's who and what's what.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 35303

Much love!

You just completely... bypassed the CONTEXT of the Matthew 24:23 & 26 verses which are in SINGULAR TENSE.

When the deceived come up to you and say, "Lo, Christ is here, or there", like Lord Jesus warned, they will NOT be saying, "Lo, many Christs are here, or there"!!!

So if you being so smart about the difference between a Lexicon like what Dr. Strong put together vs. a Greek Interlinear (which some can also be suspect), then how is it you MISSED this very CONTEXT in verse 23 & 26 of what Jesus warned???

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not an easy book to understand, for sure. My belief was that the beasts rising from the sea were evil Kingdoms to come, or I suppose they could be called people lol. We will all find out on that day, who's who and what's what.
I've come to the conclusion that the beasts (Daniel, the Revelation) are both empires and rulers, depending on the context. I agree, it's not an easy book to understand, but I think it is in fact easier then some make it out to be.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just completely... bypassed the CONTEXT of the Matthew 24:23 & 26 verses which are in SINGULAR TENSE.

When the deceived come up to you and say, "Lo, Christ is here, or there", like Lord Jesus warned, they will NOT be saying, "Lo, many Christs are here, or there"!!!

So if you being so smart about the difference between a Lexicon like what Dr. Strong put together vs. a Greek Interlinear (which some can also be suspect), then how is it you MISSED this very CONTEXT in verse 23 & 26 of what Jesus warned???
Hey, I've just pointed you to some words here. If you don't like what they say don't blame me.

Much love!

• Haha

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed Davy,

Yes. The white horse rider of Rev.6 is the coming Antichrist. It's actually easy to know that, because the Seals of Rev.6 are actually a parallel to the 7 Signs Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse.

That white horse rider appearing as the first SEAL is especially in contrast with Matthew 24:4-5 where Jesus gives His first warning Sign, to not allow any man to deceive you, because many shall come in His name saying, "I am Christ, and shall deceive many."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The first beast that rises out of the sea is the KINGDOM BEAST. We know this because of the symbols of ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns described with it. The KJV translation is a bit confusing there because of the pronouns like "his" is used with those symbols. Yet both the Book of Daniel and Rev.17 explain the ten horns symbol to be 10 kings, and the seven heads being seven mountains, or regions. And we well know that 10 kings is not about a single Antichrist, but instead about a system that the Antichrist will be in power over, just as Daniel 7:24 and Rev.17:12-13 point to the other king that is to come up among the ten horns (kings).

The second beast that comes up out of the earth of Rev.13:11 forward is the Antichrist, called the "another beast". That one is an individual coming to work miracles to deceive. That one is the same one Lord Jesus warned us about in Matthew 24:23-26, and that Apostle Paul warned us about in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. That is the false rider on the white horse that will mimic Jesus' coming on a white horse.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Davy,

'While I believe it was a lot worst in that day in age, some people today claim to be christ and it is horrible to see people falling for such things, cause Jesus was said to come out of the clouds...

Not reincarnated and things of that nature.

The true Jesus was said to come out of the clouds, and those who were watching and waiting for him to return in that day in age, would see him just as he had went.

I believe that happened.

People who claim they are christ today are not to be believed that is all I can really say, they will make a mockery out of you and try to fool you to get your money or do their bidding.

Human beings are really good liars, and actors, just as much as they can be gullible and deceived.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, I've just pointed you to some words here. If you don't like what they say don't blame me.

Much love!
No, you just gave an 'opinion', and nothing more. Nothing... you provided proved Dr. James Strong wrong...

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise
false Christs (pseudochristos), and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
KJV

Per Dr. James Strong in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance - LEXICON

NT:5580
pseudochristos (psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos); from NT:5571 and NT:5547; a spurious Messiah:

KJV - false Christ.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006, 2010 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Why... would Dr. Strong define that KJV "false Christs" phrase as 'a spurious Messiah'?

Simply because the CONTEXT by Lord Jesus in the Matthew 24:23 & 26 verses is SINGULAR TENSE about a single false Christ. And the word 'Christ' (or Greek christos) is the Greek equivalent word to the Hebrew word for Messiah.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to square one, lol. Sigh.

Don't allow those who have a hard time understanding English grammar deter you.

These verses by Lord Jesus is a description of a SINGULAR false Christ, not many...

Matt 24:23
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
KJV

Matt 24:26
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.

KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 3 areas in The New Testament that describes a false one coming to work great signs, wonders, and miracles to deceive. This also is how we 'know'... that Lord Jesus in Matthew 24:23-26 was pointing to a 'specific' false one coming to play Christ, and with miracles to try and prove it.

1. Of course the Matthew 24:23-26 verses, with the 24th verse describing that false one to come working those "great signs and wonders" that IF it were possible, would deceive even Christ's very elect.

2. Per Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2. Paul says that false one he called the "man of sin" must be revealed sitting in a new temple in Jerusalem exalting himself as God, and over all that is called God, or that is worshiped. Paul says that false one will work with all power signs and lying wonders, which is the same warning Lord Jesus gave in Matthew 24:24 about the false Christ working great signs and wonders.

3. Apostle John in Revelation 13:11 speaking about the coming "another beast", that is to have 2 horns like a Lamb (Christ), but speak as a 'dragon' (Satan). John said that false one will work 'great wonders' and miracles, raining fire down to earth from heaven in the sight of men. That is the same false one to come that both Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul described.

So we really don't have to wonder, or debate word fallacies, of whether the KJV phrase "false Christs" in Matthew 24:24 is plural or singular, because Bible Witnesses in more than one area of The New Testament confirms Jesus was speaking of a SINGULAR false one doing those great signs and wonders for the end of this world.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't allow those who have a hard time understanding English grammar deter you.

These verses by Lord Jesus is a description of a SINGULAR false Christ, not many...

Matt 24:23
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, "Lo, here is Christ, or there"; believe it not.
KJV

Matt 24:26
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: "behold, He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.

KJV
I have not given up on the "singular" Christ...small "c" really. The plural has had me confused as, we all know that Satan is the great imposter and tries to fool Christians. I can really see him deceiving if even..."the very elect" in this way. Even if there are plural false Christs, he will use that also to fool others and say something like 'see, this is what I told you about, do not follow 'them' for I am The Christ and do many wonders and signes and miracles before your eyes'! Or some such.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just gave an 'opinion', and nothing more. Nothing... you provided proved Dr. James Strong wrong...
I've told you how lexicons work, and that you should stick to the text. You're choice what to do after that. And you choose to deny and ignore this information.

Strong was not "wrong" to list a lexical form of a word, that's how it's done. However, you are wrong if you believe that this means Strong was translating plural words as singular. That's nothing to do with how a lexicon is put together.

Ignorance is OK because we can learn, but if you reject learning, then what?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not given up on the "singular" Christ...small "c" really. The plural has had me confused as, we all know that Satan is the great imposter and tries to fool Christians. I can really see him deceiving if even..."the very elect" in this way. Even if there are plural false Christs, he will use that also to fool others and say something like 'see, this is what I told you about, do not follow 'them' for I am The Christ and do many wonders and signes and miracles before your eyes'! Or some such.
There have already been a number false Christs from Moon to Maitreya, I don't know how many.

John spoke in terms of many antichrists coming, and the antichrist. I think there will be many imposters, and then one who will stand out from them all.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THERE IS BUT ONE CHRIST . NEVER GIVE UP ON THAT SISTER .
We are not CHRIST , any man who tries to teach us we are lil christs , YOU RUN LIKE A MOTHA from that person .
I am wore out with this pride lil god we can become christ crap . I SHUN ITS DOCTRINE TO HELL if i could .
I would burn that doctrine down with great vegeance and fury and furious rebukes , IF I had that power . GOD WILL .
OH HE WILL burn it to the ground and all who believed it if they repent not of it .
THE PLURAL IS FALSE SISTER . HOW DARE anyone try and make us THE CHRIST .
WE aint NOTHING but saved sinners . WE OWE JESUS ALL , GOD ALL . AND ITS HIGH TIME these other folks
take a huge CHOMPINGDOWN on some humble pie .