Lordship salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption alone and not based on the merits of our works/performance/accomplishments. (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..) That's not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lordship Salvation is abiding in the Vine and anything outside of that is of Satan.

A mate was attacking my stance on Lordship Salvation, well he had it all wrong, what he was ranting on about had noting to do with what I was no about at all.

Some Satanist have come in and worked to bastardise the true meaning of such as abiding in the Vine = Lordship Salvation, you must abide in the Lord Jesus it's the fundamental foundation.

Old mate was ranting on about works ! claiming Lordship Salvation was about your works. he was claiming everything is a done deal religion, everything is a done deal with this mate, but I say noting is a done deal, only Satan does deals you know and that's a fact.
God does not do deals at all, you abide or you don't end of story.
Oh I am looking to do a deal with God o_O:eek::confused::rolleyes::oops: you can't do deals with God you fool ! does God say oh oh oh I better make deals with people so they know me o_O:rolleyes:. no that's Satan who does such things. only Satan makes deals, God does not do deals at all, you abide or you don't.

I am looking to make a deal with God :eek: come off it !

Ok now I am going to watch the video now and see where this dude is at.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In this video, Clearly he has it all wrong.
He is like the seed that was sown and the weeds can easy grown up and kill his ignorant faith, he can not endure meat he is a baby who can only consume milk.
If one gets upset by one instructing, it's because they are of little faith, all they have to do is sit back and seek and in time their faith will grow.
They do not want to move forward, they demand what they have is enough to see them into heaven, now that maybe could so but he is lost as to the gravity of the situation, this BS line with claims of worry about your sins nonsense of today ect:rolleyes: the thing about Sin is about that Jesus Christ knows you and that you truly know him ? fact is not all are knowing who Jesus Christ truly is and that's why Satan can control them and that's what Jesus will say I never knew you ! so you know you need to abide in the Vine. don't think that you can not, this dude does not understand that.
Now if one like him were to die and he was serious, then he would go to purgatory and may not go to Hell, because he is willing, but you must be willing to grow. it is not a done deal. if he was dying and he called on the Lord that's fine.

Look saying as he said I believe and all is fine but just don't leave it at that, Hey man ! I believe in the deal ok :rolleyes: but now get lost and leave me be in my ignorance, I have done my bit man and that's all that God ever wanted from anyone you know man.
Well no that's not the truth.

What if I was like him I ask myself, well boy is he lost. not totally lost he has faith but he is ignorant that's for sure.
You know I don't want people to be like him, I want such to come to the Lord Jesus, not just running loose in ignorance, hey if such a one is only able to deal with where he is at ok, but the truly seeking Soul will always seek.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen! Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption alone and not based on the merits of our works/performance/accomplishments. (Romans 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..) That's not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT.
Wrong ! you must abide in the Vine.

What you are doing is making a religious statement that is devoid of abiding in the Vine.
Such a one is not truly born again.

Anyone who claims anything done on their own merits is a fool ! such as that has nothing to do with Christianity at all.
Who ever brought such as that up must be ignorant to claim that any Christian would make such a claim, in regard to their own merit. who does that !

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong ! you must abide in the Vine.

What you are doing is making a religious statement that is devoid of abiding in the Vine.
Such a one is not truly born again.

Anyone who claims anything done on their own merits is a fool ! such as that has nothing to do with Christianity at all.
Who ever brought such as that up must be ignorant to claim that any Christian would make such a claim, in regard to their own merit. who does that !
Those who teach salvation by works are not Christians. There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal” Christians. In regards to abiding in the vine, Greek scholar AT Robertson explains that there are - “two kinds of connections with Christ as the vine (the merely cosmic which bears no fruit, the spiritual and vital which bears fruit). The fruitless (not bearing fruit, mh peron karpon) the vine-dresser "takes away" (airei) or prunes away. Probably (Bernard) Jesus here refers to Judas..”

John 15:2 Commentary - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who teach salvation by works are not Christians. There are genuine Christians and there are “nominal” Christians. In regards to abiding in the vine, Greek scholar AT Robertson explains that there are - “two kinds of connections with Christ as the vine (the merely cosmic which bears no fruit, the spiritual and vital which bears fruit). The fruitless (not bearing fruit, mh peron karpon) the vine-dresser "takes away" (airei) or prunes away. Probably (Bernard) Jesus here refers to Judas..”

John 15:2 Commentary - Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament
One must truly be born again to abide in the Vine, such a one is in the Kingdom of God.
One who is only water baptised does not truly abide in the vine, such is of little faith, nothing wrong with such, we have all been their, but one would hope for greater faith, well I did ! I was always seeking more and one day I had an encounter with God and bingo I knew him 100% total faith in Him, no doubts at all anymore what so ever ! it was much like what happened to Saul when he became Paul. I was blown away. I love that Johnny Cash Song, 'I saw the Light', it's totally true. my brother in law said that song is not true, he claims their still is sadness, well no there is not any sadness in my heart and Soul in fact, as I have the Lord Jesus abiding in me and me in him. Praise the Lord ! I am not Sad in myself ? my Soul is lifted on High, but I maybe sad for others.

I was sceptical of everything but that's just how I am from 6yo I suppose, I never did not believe my school teachers 100% I would even question them at times, I did not just let things go, thinking oh well who cares about anything or just believe in something that you do not understand I can not do that.
I do not believe in blind faith. I had faith in Christianity at that age and it always grew and devout even willing to die for such faith but maybe I could of came to a point like many at bible study did, as the years when by and they fell off the tree, there faith was dashed, that was the majority of all who I knew from them days. I am so glad that I have total Faith in Jesus Christ, now the Church denominations are not my bag, but Jesus Christ sure is.

Look at the Churches nowadays, they are like you say, the people are dropping off, because they are loosing the faith and why is that ? it's because they are not drinking from the spiritual Well, for if the Church did preach Jesus Christ first and foremost in peoples lives, they would not loose them at all. If one of faith sees such as that in the Priest and the faithful such will give them strength to keep enduring in the word of the Bible and Christians all around them. asking questions getting little by little food for thought, I believe one has to strive and give it your all. with your whole heart, Soul, Strength, Mind and strive to enter at the narrow gate.

If I started preaching Jesus Christ in the churches of today the people in them would not like such because they would be offended ! Remember Jesus offended some people and they came in want to kill him, because Jesus offended the poor miserable bastards, they would be better off to put a millstone around their neck and toss it into the sea.