The Order of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Catholics and others teach that salvation is the results of repenting.

Reader,

If you murder 45 people, .. and you repent of it.
You're now become a repenting murderer.....nothing more.
If you stop murdering, after #45... you are a repenting murderer, who stopped.
You're STILL a murderer....... you're just retired.

So, this unbiblical Catholic idea that you must repent of your sin, before God will save you...... yet, you're still the same sinner.
You didnt stop being one, because you repented..

NOTICE :

A.) "While we were YET sinners, Christ died for us".......not after we stopped sinning, or repented of it.

Listen, reader.

"Jesus came into the world to SAVE SINNERS".....>"not repenting people, who were told by a water cult they must sin repent, before God will save them ".

Here is the only Repentance that God accepts from a SINNER...

"REPENT of/from your UNBELIEF" = as that is to TURN TO FAITH in CHRIST..

Do that, and God will take everyone who does., as your FAITH is counted as Righteousness, and you are Justified by Faith.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of James is not a creditable book. It was one of the first books of the Bible. I am sure that James came into a full knowledge of Paul's Gospel and justification by faith at a later date. But for now, it is more Jewish than it is Christian.
That Gentile Christians should obey the Law of Moses was the assumption of some Jewish Christians in the Early Church, as represented by the group of Pharisees who had converted to Christianity in Acts 15:5. Paul opposed this position, concluding that Gentiles did not need to obey to the entire Law of Moses in order to become Christians.[2][3][23][24][25][26][27] The conflict between Paul and his Judaizing opponents over this issue came to a head with the Council of Jerusalem.[2][3][23][24][25] According to the account given in Acts 15, it was determined by the Great Commission that Gentile converts to Christianity did not have to go through circumcision to be saved; but in addressing the second question as to whether or not they should obey the Torah, James the Just, brother of Jesus encouraged the Gentiles to "abstain from things sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication" (Acts 15:19–29).

Paul also addressed this question in his Epistle to the Galatians, in which he condemned those who insisted that circumcision had to be followed for justification as "false believers" (Galatians 2:4):

But even Titus, who was with me, was not compelled to be circumcised, though he was a Greek. But because of false believers secretly brought in, who slipped in to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might enslave us – we did not submit to them even for a moment, so that the truth of the gospel might always remain with you. And from those who were supposed to be acknowledged leaders (what they actually were makes no difference to me; God shows no partiality) – those leaders contributed nothing to me. On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me in sending me to the Gentiles), and when James and Cephas and John, who were acknowledged pillars, recognized the grace that had been given to me, they gave to Barnabas and me the right hand of fellowship, agreeing that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. They asked only one thing, that we remember the poor, which was actually what I was eager to do. [...] We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is justified not by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by doing the works of the law, because no one will be justified by the works of the law.
— Galatians 2:3–10, 2:15–16
Also Paul warned the early Galatian church that gentile Christians who submit to circumcision will be alienated from Christ: "Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace." (Galatians 5:2–4).

The Catholic Encyclopedia notes: "Paul, on the other hand, not only did not object to the observance of the Mosaic Law, as long as it did not interfere with the liberty of the Gentiles, but he conformed to its prescriptions when occasion required (1 Corinthians 9:20). Thus he shortly after circumcised Timothy (Acts 16:1–3), and he was in the very act of observing the Mosaic ritual when he was arrested at Jerusalem (Acts 21:26 sqq.)."[28]

Rembrandt: The Apostle Paul, circa 1657 (National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.)​

Paul, who called himself "Apostle to the Gentiles",[29][30] criticised the practice of circumcision, perhaps as an entrance into the New Covenant of Jesus. In the case of Timothy, whose mother was a Jewish Christian but whose father was a Greek, Paul personally circumcised him "because of the Jews" that were in town.[31][32] Some believe that he appeared to praise its value in Romans 3:1–2, yet later in Romans 2 we see his point. In 1 Corinthians 9:20–23 he also disputes the value of circumcision. Paul made his case to the Christians at Rome[33] that circumcision no longer meant the physical, but a spiritual practice.[24][25][26][27] He also wrote: "Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts."[34]

On the contrary, when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel for the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter making him an apostle to the circumcised also worked through me in sending me to the Gentiles), and when James and Cephas and John, who were acknowledged pillars, recognized the grace that had been given to me, they gave to Barnabas and me the right hand of fellowship, agreeing that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

• Love
Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That Gentile Christians should obey the Law of Moses was the assumption of some Jewish Christians in the Early Church, as represented by the group of Pharisees who had converted to Christianity in Acts 15:5. Paul opposed this position, concluding that Gentiles did not need to obey to the entire Law of Moses in order to become Christians
:vgood:Good research, factual, educational. Thank you.

I want to pick up on this below because most people seem to misunderstand what James was saying, and in order to do so I'm just going to post scriptures one beneath the other so that people can compare them for themselves:​
He also wrote: "Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts."​
"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another. By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another." --John 13:23-35.

"And he who keeps His commandment dwells in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He gave to us." --1 John 3:24.

"If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. --John 15:10, 12.

"And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment." 1 John 3:23.
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE IN PRACTICE? It looks like this:​

"But whoever has this world's goods and sees his brother having need, and shuts up his bowels from him, how does the love of God dwell in him? My children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth." -- 1John 3:17-18.

"If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and if one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them those things which are needful to the body, what good is it? Even so, if it does not have works, faith is dead, being by itself. But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works." --James 2:15-18.

James was only saying what Jesus and the other apostles all said. Here's Paul:

"Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." -- Romans 13:8-10.

"The fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law." --Galatians 5:22-23.
HOW?​

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5.

"Then they said to Him, What shall we do that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe on Him whom He has sent." --John 6:28-29.

"And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment." 1 John 3:23.

James was only telling people that the evidence of abiding in Christ (abiding in His love, same thing) is love for the brothers in an individual's life - love in practice, not merely in word.

The other apostles said exactly the same thing, because of Jesus' ONE commandment, which is the fruit of the Spirit which He (the Vine) produces in the branches who abide in Him.

Without Him we can do nothing, and any good works not produced by the love of the Spirit of Christ for our brothers and our neighbors, are the works of the flesh, not the fruit of the Spirit, because the fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of the Spirit.

It's not good to accuse any of the apostles of Christ who wrote the scriptures of being a "Judaizer", as a poster here did in an earlier post.

"If anyone thinks to be religious among you, yet does not bridle his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit orphans and widows in their afflictions, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:26-27.

Visiting orphans and widows in their afflictions goes under the title of love for brothers and love for neighbor.

All scripture is God-breathed and should never be brought into question by bringing the motives of any of its authors for writing what they wrote, into question. They were inspired by the Spirit of God to write what they wrote, and aside from Luke, all of the new Testament authors were chosen by Jesus for that very purpose. We must not attack the Word of God, just because we don't understand it and in parts it seems to us to be a contradiction of other parts.

No doubt James has been twisted by "Judaizers" misapplying what he said and claiming it means we must still be obeying the laws of Moses or the 10 commandments (instead of living by faith in Christ so that He will produce the fruit of the Spirit in us that fulfills the law and the commandments, which are the shadow of the fruit of the Spirit).

It's time to take James back from the Judaizers and from anyone who falsely accuses James of being a Judaizer.

What James was saying was what John also said - that if you have a perfectly functioning fuel engine but your engine never starts and your wheels never turn, it means you have no fuel in your tank. Show me that you have fuel in your tank by your perfectly functioning engine never starting and your wheels never turning, and I'll show you I have fuel in my tank by the fact that my engine always starts, and my wheels always turn.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5.
How do “ YOU” abide in the true vine?

Only a Born Again can abide in the vine, why , because they have been birthed in the Spirit?

A Born Again brings forth much fruit, for without the Holy Spirit.....who lives in us , through the rebirth/ Spirit gives birth to spirit ....how can “ WE” produce fruit.....a Born Again bears the fruit of the Spirit.

Why, because they have been grafted in by the Father....when he birthed us in the Spirit?

You do know...that Spirit gives birth to spirit, is a “ Living “ Spiritual birth that only God can do?

You can’t “ choose” to become Born Again?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And you either never read my post, or read it and completely misunderstood it, or willfully misunderstood it and came here to speak about a theology my post opposed, and falsely claim my post advocates for.

If the last one of the possibilities is the case, then you are a deceiver.

Those who gave my post a "Like" understood that my post goes counter to Calvinism.
That’s just your opinion, which is no more valid than anyone else’s.

We’re not here to follow “ YOU” we’re here to find the truth of God’s word.

The first truth is, you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That’s just your opinion, which is no more valid than anyone else’s.

We’re not here to follow “ YOU” we’re here to find the truth of God’s word.

The first truth is, you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?
You cannot claim that someone is not a Christian (not being born again is the same as not being a Christian) unless you are God. Unless your are the Son of God. Because you simply do not know.

I would stop that if I were you - not because it breaks these forum rules and I could report your post, which would be meaningless to God in this instance, because He requires a better response of me than that - but because your words are not the fruit of the Spirit which is the sign that you are born again, but of your own exaltation of yourself to a very high and mighty level indeed, believing that you can imply/insinuate that someone else is not born again, as though you are God, and not even bothered about the fact that God is not unaware of your words, nor about the fact that all you are displaying is the ugly, sinful pride of humans that is one of the things that put Jesus on the cross and that you should long ago have repented of.

I'm not answering you again. I can only hold you up in prayer to God, and hand you over to Him. And this I will do.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You cannot claim that someone is not a Christian (not being born again is the same as not being a Christian) unless you are God. Unless your are the Son of God. Because you simply do not know.

God says you must be Born Again...Without the Spirit..you are none of his.

Spirit gives birth to spirit?
I would stop that if I were you - not because it breaks these forum rule and I could report your post, which would be meaningless to God in this instance - but because your words are not the fruit of the Spirit which is the sign that you are born again,

Really...and your words on many posts are full of Jesus fruit are the?

Stop with your hypocrisy....

I speak God’s truth....Born Again..period.

and are your own exaltation of yourself to a very high and mighty level indeed, believing that you can imply/insinuate that someone else is not born again, as though you are God, and not even bothered about the fact that God is not unaware of your words, nor about the fact that all you are displaying is the ugly sinful pride of humans that put Jesus on the cross and that you should long ago have repented of.

Stop what?.....who did I insinuate , they weren’t Born Again?

Report my post.

God said you must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God?

Without the Spirit, you are none of his..
I'm not answering you again. I can only hold you up in prayer to God, and hand you over to Him. And this I will do.
For what reason....speaking God’s truth?

I’m here to preach God’s truth.....only it’s the Holy Spirit, who is using me to preach his living word.

You must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

You can’t stop me posting that truth.....as it’s Gods will that I post it.

Personal remarks and emotional / manipulating words....are of the flesh...not the Spirit...I suggest you take note....grow up in the Spirit....talking from personal experience, of being stuck in the flesh?

Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

John 3

Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Jesus and Nicodemus
(Genesis 22:1–10; Romans 5:6–11)
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews.2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs You are doing if God were not with him.”
3Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a
4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time to be born?”
5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit. 7Do not be amazed that I said, ‘Youb must be born again.’ 8The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Matthew 5:10-12
“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not believe the Gospel, you will never be born again.

You are saying things without any scripture references. How do you know what you are saying is correct?
I am sorry, I cannot see any scripture supporting the idea that believing the gospel happens before being born again. However, a passage suggests that the Father is responsible for belief and faith. In another passage, Jesus also acknowledges that the Father is responsible for endurance in believing.

The Father responsible for belief:

Matthew 16:16-18

Simon Peter responded, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God". Jesus then said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona. This was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father who is in heaven. I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build my church. The gates of Hades will not overcome it."

Here Jesus our Lord emphatically teaches us that The Father was ultimately responsible for Peter's confession that "Jesus is the Christ, the son of the Living God." The Father "taught" this to Peter directly and due to a supernatural process, Peter made his confession. Jesus concludes that this supernatural enlightenment and clarity will be the solid foundation on which Jesus will build his church.

The Father responsible for endurance in belief:

Jesus tells a parable about a sower that went out to sow. And seed fell on four types of ground. One type of soil produced no growth; three types of soil produced living plants. Only one type of soil produced fruit. Jesus explains the parable to his disciples. Which of the four soils produced fruit? The cultivated soil where stones and weeds were removed produced fruit. By analogy, only a heart that has been prepared by the Father will produce a faith that endures persecution and worries of the world.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, I cannot see any scripture supporting the idea that believing the gospel happens before being born again. However, a passage suggests that the Father is responsible for belief and faith. In another passage, Jesus also acknowledges that the Father is responsible for endurance in believing.
You would have us believe that God is directly responsible for believing. And yet given that not all believe, that means that it is God, not the unbeliever, who is responsible for the individuals unbelief. Are you really sure you want to go there? That is in direct conflict with 2 Peter 3:9.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By analogy, only a heart that has been prepared by the Father will produce a faith that endures persecution and worries of the world.
By birthing us in the Spirit?

For we have then received that new heart and Spirit within?

We can endure persecution and worries......if we submit to the Holy Spirit.....which we learn to do.......what can we do without the Spirit of God in us......NOTHING.....

I’ve certainly learnt that one.....he lets us go off and try to do it our way......then I wake up.....I’ve given up trying.....been down that road far too many times.

I can do NOTHING....in my own strength......God’s will be done.....in his timing and in his strength!....

Us.....he just uses us for his purpose and plan, in our lives.....and of course a Born Again....is to GLORIFY GOD......Self is dead......Spirit is Alive in us......it’s all about Jesus!!!

Give God thanks in every situation......the good, the bad and the down right ugly!!!

In Jesus Name....Amen!!

Last edited:
Reactions: CadyandZoe

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am sorry, I cannot see any scripture supporting the idea that believing the gospel happens before being born again.

Hyper-Calvinism is a very ugly Theology.
Its a "doctrine of Devils".... Hebrews 13:9
You should stop teaching it, right after you understand why its of the Devil.

Calvinism, is a type of demonic doctrine, that actually causes a person's common sense to shut off.

Calvinism is a MIND Blinding type of theology.

For example.. you just taught the Classic John Calvinism error that you are born again BEFORE you hear the Gospel.

So, how can you be born again, and have not heard the Gospel yet?

YOU CAN'T.

A.) That is how ridiculous John Calvinism is, and also how demonic.,... as it teaches what isn't possible, what isn't logical and what isn't spiritual.... and yet millions are deceived by its LIE.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You must believe in Jesus..before any birth can take place, by the Spirit of God.

No one can come to the Father unless Through the Son.

John 14:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

New Living Translation
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus says to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, if not by Me.

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

New King James Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Reactions: Behold

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would have us believe that God is directly responsible for believing. And yet given that not all believe, that means that it is God, not the unbeliever, who is responsible for the individuals unbelief. Are you really sure you want to go there? That is in direct conflict with 2 Peter 3:9.
Well, I would have you believe what the Bible teaches. :) To the degree that what I say agrees with Biblical teaching, then okay, believe me. But I didn't argue for the negative. That is, I didn't argue that God is responsible for unbelief, but now I will.

Can I suggest that we agree on how difficult it was for Peter and the rest of his kinsmen to accept that Jesus Christ is the son of God? What we take for granted today, was not readily accepted during the time of Jesus ministry. He reminded his disciples and the crowds about the word of Isaiah, who spoke about the hardened hearts of his people who were unwilling to hear his report.

John 12:36-42
These things Jesus spoke, and He went away and hid Himself from them. 37 But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him. 38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” 39 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40 “He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart, so that they would not see with their eyes and perceive with their heart, and be converted and I heal them.” 41 These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him. 42 Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.

Both Jesus and Isaiah understood how difficult it was for someone to believe in God's words and accept the true meaning behind them. Isaiah confirmed that God had blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, and Jesus also agreed with this. Hence, Peter's statement was noteworthy, as unbelief was prevalent throughout Israel, and only a few people believed in his words. The rest remained in disbelief. God the Father was the source of Peter's confession that Jesus was the Son of God, and God the Father is the one who opened the eyes of Jesus followers and made known to them the truth of the gospel.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I would have you believe what the Bible teaches. :) To the degree that what I say agrees with Biblical teaching, then okay, believe me. But I didn't argue for the negative. That is, I didn't argue that God is responsible for unbelief, but now I will.

Can I suggest that we agree on how difficult it was for Peter and the rest of his kinsmen to accept that Jesus Christ is the son of God? What we take for granted today, was not readily accepted during the time of Jesus ministry. He reminded his disciples and the crowds about the word of Isaiah, who spoke about the hardened hearts of his people who were unwilling to hear his report.

John 12:36-42
These things Jesus spoke, and He went away and hid Himself from them. 37 But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him. 38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: “Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” 39 For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 40 “He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart, so that they would not see with their eyes and perceive with their heart, and be converted and I heal them.” 41 These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him. 42 Nevertheless many even of the rulers believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they were not confessing Him, for fear that they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the approval of men rather than the approval of God.

Both Jesus and Isaiah understood how difficult it was for someone to believe in God's words and accept the true meaning behind them. Isaiah confirmed that God had blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, and Jesus also agreed with this. Hence, Peter's statement was noteworthy, as unbelief was prevalent throughout Israel, and only a few people believed in his words. The rest remained in disbelief. God the Father was the source of Peter's confession that Jesus was the Son of God, and God the Father is the one who opened the eyes of Jesus followers and made known to them the truth of the gospel.
Amen!!!!!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does He do that?
The New Testament describes this several ways: circumcised hearts, ears to hear, eyes to see, enlightened eyes, etc. Paul prays to God concerning new believers in his epistle to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 1:15-20
For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places . . .

The knowledge that Paul talks about in this passage is not just mere head knowledge. It is a kind of knowledge that is acquired through experience and a willingness to learn. In his prayer, Paul asks God to grant them "a spirit of wisdom and revelation", which points to a deeper and more profound understanding of Jesus and his teachings. Furthermore, Paul prays that God will enlighten their hearts and help them to better comprehend the hope, calling, power, and glory of God. It is important to note that this knowledge can be obtained supernaturally through the power of God, and that He is willing to give us the certainty and assurance we need to believe in the truth of this knowledge.

Not only do I learn that Jesus is both Lord and Savior, I also learn why that is important and significant to me personally.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hyper-Calvinism is a very ugly Theology.
Its a "doctrine of Devils".... Hebrews 13:9
You should stop teaching it, right after you understand why its of the Devil.

Calvinism, is a type of demonic doctrine, that actually causes a person's common sense to shut off.

Calvinism is a MIND Blinding type of theology.

For example.. you just taught the Classic John Calvinism error that you are born again BEFORE you hear the Gospel.
It's important to focus on sound Bible teaching instead of getting sidetracked by discussions about Calvin and Calvinism. I believe what I do for good reasons, and I presented solid Biblical evidence to support my beliefs. Disregarding Calvin should not cause you to dismiss what I have to say. Let's listen to each other and consider the argument without any preconceptions in mind.
So, how can you be born again, and have not heard the Gospel yet?

YOU CAN'T.
Why not? Explain why a person can't be born again before one hears the gospel.

I realize we are talking about spiritual matters here, but sometimes an analogy from everyday life is illustrative.

Some beliefs are easy, while other beliefs are hard. What do I mean? My belief that Paris is the capital of France is easy. I can look up the answer in an Encyclopedia and I can find France on a map. I can even book airfare to Paris. Easy.

My belief in eternal life is hard. I mean, the concept is easy to understand and the Bible has good reasons to trust God for eternal life. But when one is lying flat on the operating table, about to be put under, trusting that if I should die before I come out of the anesthesia, is hard as doubt fills the mind. Is this really it? Is the gospel actually true? Hard.

We all need help with the hard truths of the gospel. I suppose that many of us have spoken these words at least once in our lives, "I do believe. Lord, help my unbelief!" The new birth is an intimate contact with the real, actual, living God, who helps us in our unbelief. He helps us believe and he helps us in doubt.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's important to focus on sound Bible teaching instead of getting sidetracked by discussions about Calvin and Calvinism.

Calvinist's always state that their Calvinism Theology is "bible truth". when it fact its Grace Denying Theological perversion.

Calvinist's define themselves as "Calvinist's " while Born again believers define themselves as "Christians".

So, no need for you to come now and say....the opposite, as i know what you think.
No need to deny it.

John Calvinism.... is in fact, demonic heresy, created by a Cross denying Heretic, who PERSONALLY decided that God chooses some for Hell, and that the Cross is not given to everyone.
And to get to that doctrine of devils, Calvin had to twist the bible and most especially deny the Blood Atonement, as John 3:16.

You'll never meet one of these John Calvinist's who will state that some in their family are not the "pre-destined"..., as their deception is literally : TOTAL.

Calvin's theology is so Satanic, that its impossible to miss it, unless you are deceived thereby.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinist's always state that their Calvinism Theology is "bible truth". when it fact its Grace Denying Theological perversion.

Calvinist's define themselves as "Calvinist's " while Born again believers define themselves as "Christians".

So, no need for you to come now and say....the opposite, as i know what you think.
No need to deny it.

John Calvinism.... is in fact, demonic heresy, created by a Cross denying Heretic, who PERSONALLY decided that God chooses some for Hell, and that the Cross is not given to everyone.
And to get to that doctrine of devils, Calvin had to twist the bible and most especially deny the Blood Atonement, as John 3:16.

You'll never meet one of these John Calvinist's who will state that some in their family are not the "pre-destined"..., as their deception is literally : TOTAL.

Calvin's theology is so Satanic, that its impossible to miss it, unless you are deceived thereby.
Red herring. Do you have anything to share concerning the subject at hand?

Reactions: rwb