Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again--that is all misunderstanding.

Each of those scriptures can be explained properly to show you wrong. Each and every one.

But your misunderstanding is a matter of your own nature regarding times. Do you not know that the things of God including salvation and God himself never changes? But you think and speak as a man according to the nature of the flesh.

... Could it be the Big Boy is "ignoring" me (and the whole truth)!??

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

2 Timothy 2:14-16

The Voice

14 Remind others about these things that I’m telling you. Warn them before God to stop their useless bickering over words. After all, splitting hairs does no good; it only ruins those forced to listen to their meritless arguments. 15 Timothy, do everything you can to present yourself to God as a man who is fully genuine, a worker unashamed of your mission, a guide capable of leading others along the correct path defined by the word of truth. 16 Stay away from ungodly babbling because it will only lead deeper into a godless lifestyle.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm pretty much done with this kind of rudeness also.

You should come up with a fun and snappy come back!

Something like, you know .... "We Might Lose Our Salvation Virus" or something... you know, have a little fun with it and quit being an old fuddy duddy, an old stick in the mud

those who believe rebirth can be lost don't understand what rebirth, or justification are

Oh we know what it is... and we not departing from it like the OSAS people are doing.

Playing "the God card" to win the debate?

It sure beats playing the lies of the devil card I can assure you of that!

It's a friendly discussion among folks who disagree on a topic... I guess to the OSAS people this by like the Superbowl of something right? :Agreed:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a friendly discussion among folks who disagree on a topic...
A friendly discussion?

Here's what you said about us in your OP. (opening post)
It's sad to hear some folks just can't be bothered with ALL of what God says in His Word as they only believe a few things He says are actually true!
Does that sound like a friendly discussion? (nope)

Reactions: Ritajanice

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well it depends on which side of the discussion one is on...

The OSAS peoples be hawkin false doctrine so I'd imagine try to keep the facade going to hard work and they have to be on their toees cause sometimes they slip up and say stuff indicating they don't actually believe OSAS.

I tell ya, I don't think the OSAS Association pays you guys enough.

I hope they at least give you folks a nice dental plan, a 401k plan, and paid vacations. coffee:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about damnation? Was that forced on us?
Seems we were already condemned. Not by our own choice.
Yes, "we" must certainly did choose damnation! Dr. Phil is fond of saying if you make a choice, you choose the consequence. And "we" collectively, starting with Adam and Eve choose damnation. And "we" individually choose damnation by our choice to sin.

People are so childish today, they feel entitle to break Natural Law expoused by Dr Phil. We want to sin with impunity and claim victim status that we did not choose damnation.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

The source of the nastiness continues to emanate from you, my friend.

Oh, I see. We are nice to you, but you are nasty to us? Like that?

Projecting.

The OSAS peoples be hawkin false doctrine
@St. SteVen, do you recognize the difference between your posts and the post of @Big Boy Johnson? Let me explain.

@Big Boy Johnson is making a statement about doctrine. Put aside, for now, whether you agree with his statement on not.

You are reacting to his objective statement about doctrine in a personal way. This is shown in your use of plural pronouns "we", "you" and "us." Your categorizing the conversation as not friendly is another manner in which you are avoiding the discussion about doctrine. More personal attacks from you follow ...

How can you say that? You told me earlier that you BELIEVE in the happy verses.
Why do you call them false doctrine now? Do you like waffles?

It's like you are unable to differentiate between not believing a thing and not believing the proper application of that thing. So married to your doctrine!

I believe in AC and heat. I just don't believe in putting the AC on in the winter or putting the heat on in the summer. Likewise, it is not that "we" don't believe in "the happy verses." We don't believe they apply to OSAS. Rather, they have other applicability; namely, to ongoing believers and NOT to those who turned their backs on Christ.

Worse than an enemy is a traitor. I'm sure you know all this.

Make A Blessed Day!

Last edited:

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:27
I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Castaway (G0096 in Strong's) = unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate.

This is the same greek word used in Romans 1:28 when the Lord turned those over to a reprobate mind who refused retain God in their knowledge and walk with Him.

This means, Paul believed that if he did not control himself and went back to walking after the flesh HE would be unapproved, rejected, worthless, reprobate!

Obviously the Apostle Paul did not believe in "once saved, always saved" aka "eternal security"
Obviously Paul did not believe that one could be saved and continue to live a life characterized by sin. I believe he actually SAID THAT somewhere. For the record, I agree with Paul (that has been my experience as well).

Now for the $64 question ... Did Paul continue to live a life of sin?
No? Neither did I. Neither do I. [I wish I could say I live a life characterized as sinless, but that would be a lie. I am grateful that I have an advocate. I need Him more than I would like ... but less frequently than I once did.]

So was Paul's message ...
  • "Be afraid for your ETERNAL destiny, be VERY AFRAID! You are only one sin away from God turning His back on you, FOREVER!"
or was Paul's message ...
  • "Strive to live a life WORTHY of the precious GIFT that you have received ... ETERNAL LIFE!"

Reactions: St. SteVen

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In regards to the OP, the fact that your faith can get a second wind is completely overlooked.

That said, the Bible does mention that there are sins that come first and sins that come later (letters, from memory), so it does help to be mindful of keeping the faith (that it is precious).

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it does help to be mindful of keeping the faith

I agree.

But the OSAS peoples claim that even if one were to NOT keep the faith... it's all good cause they'll go to Heaven anyway.

This is why so many get born again and then keep living in sin cause they here the OSAS peoples message and they thing it's all good, we can keep living in sin and still go to Heaven!

The funniest one I've heard from the OSAS peoples is their claim tha God cannot even see your sin even when you are actively living in sin! They think God is now blind!

No wonder people like go to the grace changer churches so they can get a heapin helpin of some of that greasy grace!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup. That's the anti-OSAS position. A life of fear.

No, those that know God's Word and are doers of His Word, not hearers only like the OSAS people who deceive themselves... have no fear at all! (see James 1:22-25)

We smart like that see cause we have enough sense to accept all of what God says rather than disrespecting Him by going around claiming only bits a pieces of what He says is true.

But, the OSAS peoples have been warned... they are without excuse!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree.

But the OSAS peoples claim that even if one were to NOT keep the faith... it's all good cause they'll go to Heaven anyway.

This is why so many get born again and then keep living in sin cause they here the OSAS peoples message and they thing it's all good, we can keep living in sin and still go to Heaven!

The funniest one I've heard from the OSAS peoples is their claim tha God cannot even see your sin even when you are actively living in sin! They think God is now blind!

No wonder people like go to the grace changer churches so they can get a heapin helpin of some of that greasy grace!
If the Law convicts us once, it convicts us an almost unlimited number of times.

My understanding is that it is between us and God (whether we sin or not).

That said, we should not cause a brother to sin, but treating the conviction of the Holy Spirit lightly (that is, sinning and disregarding the conviction of the Holy Spirit).

It is possible to hand a brother over to the Devil, if they keep sinning.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Law convicts us once, it convicts us an almost unlimited number of times.
Which law? ("the Law")
The law given only to the Israelites through Moses? or... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.