Lump in chest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked in the mirror 7 days ago and saw a discoloration which was similar to a bruise. I went to see if it hurt and it didn't but I noticed a lump underneath it. I talked to my doctor and she said to give it a week or two and if it doesn't clear up to get it checked out.

I can't remember any injuries and I think it would have hurt enough to be ingrained into my mind. So I'm not ruling out that somehow I got injured and can't remember.

Anyways it's been 9 days from when I could have injured it and the bruise has only changed shape as if something underneath is bleeding. And the lump appears to have gone from soft to hard and grown in size.

I'm going to call and make an appointment with my doctor on Monday.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way I could have injured it is if I walked into the corner of my car door. And I only accessed my car on one day 9 days ago. I just think I would have remembered walking into it as it really would have hurt.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked in the mirror 7 days ago and saw a discoloration which was similar to a bruise. I went to see if it hurt and it didn't but I noticed a lump underneath it. I talked to my doctor and she said to give it a week or two and if it doesn't clear up to get it checked out.

I can't remember any injuries and I think it would have hurt enough to be ingrained into my mind. So I'm not ruling out that somehow I got injured and can't remember.

Anyways it's been 9 days from when I could have injured it and the bruise has only changed shape as if something underneath is bleeding. And the lump appears to have gone from soft to hard and grown in size.

Praying for you, brother!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the warranty on your parts must've expired. Everything is crapping out at once.

I remember reviewing reliability data with one of my component vendors. They offered a 15-month warranty on the part. The actual field failure rate data showed a "knee" at month 17 followed by a very steep curve slanting upward.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will say a prayer for you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the warranty on your parts must've expired. Everything is crapping out at once.

I remember reviewing reliability data with one of my component vendors. They offered a 15-month warranty on the part. The actual field failure rate data showed a "knee" at month 17 followed by a very steep curve slanting upward.
Thanks for the encouragement:p. I'm 50 so yeah I've already exceeded my life expectancy as I have a-typical cystic fibrosis. Luckily they came out with new meds for it or my liver would be failing right now.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to the doctors today they did some labs and ordered an ultrasound thru the local hospital's breast center. Now I feel like a chick :(

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH and thanks for all your prayers. The doctor said she didn't think it was cancer so that's a positive. Not sure what it is actually. The ultra sound will tell though.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I pray that this lump will heal up for you. Thankful it doesn't sound like cancer or anything, but glad you are getting it checked

Reactions: dev553344

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the encouragement:p. I'm 50 so yeah I've already exceeded my life expectancy as I have a-typical cystic fibrosis. Luckily they came out with new meds for it or my liver would be failing right now.
Hey, just be glad I deleted the GIF of the Spaceballs chest-burster scene. That would really encourage you! :D

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl the doctor said it looked like a hematoma. The blood tests didn't show cancer so that's good. But there's bleeding internally. Now I feel like an idiot like I injured it and lost my memory of it. It looks really painful too. I'm stumped. But thanks for your prayers. Hopefully it will heal before the ultrasound is scheduled so I can just cancel it. I don't feel like getting an ultrasound for a hematoma.

First thing that goes in old age? Memory? I'm not that old though. 50.

Reactions: Mayflower

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, just be glad I deleted the GIF of the Spaceballs chest-burster scene. That would really encourage you! :D
Have you seen Legion with the bubble bursting scene? That was disgusting.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl the doctor said it looked like a hematoma. The blood tests didn't show cancer so that's good. But there's bleeding internally. Now I feel like an idiot like I injured it and lost my memory of it. It looks really painful too. I'm stumped. But thanks for your prayers. Hopefully it will heal before the ultrasound is scheduled so I can just cancel it. I don't feel like getting an ultrasound for a hematoma.

First thing that goes in old age? Memory? I'm not that old though. 50.
Not old at all. Two of my children are older than you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be just a fatty lump. Hope that's all it is.
I'm starting to think you may be correct. It's turned hard and egg shaped and is growing slightly. I think I will get it scanned to check. I don't have cancer though. The blood tests would have shown if I had cancer. So just a fatty lump I think.