Make up your mind dear people ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I find it contradicting, when non-christians say christians are cherry picking the Bible, meaning we are believing God's promises in the Bible and then there are non-christians (possibly even same ones), who say I can't believe in God, because He is so cruel, His got all these 'rules',(which are for your best) and He throws people into the lake of fire...those whose names are not written in the book, who did not receive Jesus as their Saviour. It is a serious matter, you can make all kind of excuses. Today is the day of salvation, don't waste your time.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I find it contradicting, when non-christians say christians are cherry picking the Bible
ThunderI find this interesting. It kind of reminds me of how we as Christians cherry pick each others posts here and the contradicting part kind of strikes a cord as well. But that said your right I will agree with you...

Grape

Feb 22, 2008
I would have to agree with you too, with a slight correction.Atheists usually try to disprove the Bible, and therefore we pick out the nasty parts and the contradictions but overlooks the good parts. (There are good parts, especially in the new testament.)Christians usally try to prove that the Bible is right and therefore you pick out the nice bits but overlooks the contradictions and the nasty bits.The question is therefore, who is doing most wrong?The one who tries to disprove something by picking out the parts he needs to do it?Or the one who bases his whole life on the book without really taking everything into account?Please, give me a comment on this.- - -Keep warm.By the way, what is it called when you, instead of trying to find the good parts, tries to find the bad ones?Raisin picking?EDIT:Atheists picks the cherries that the christians have left.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
This is very interesting,And yes that is the debate of many,Every always says if God loves us why would he kill others,and throw people into the lake of fire,But he does it to protect us,from the deceivers!
smile.gif

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Grape: I would have to agree with you too, with a slight correction.Atheists usually try to disprove the Bible, and therefore we pick out the nasty parts and the contradictions but overlooks the good parts. (There are good parts, especially in the new testament.) Thunder1: Good parts also in old testament: teaching, comfort, prophecyGrape: Christians usally try to prove that the Bible is right and therefore you pick out the nice bits but overlooks the contradictions and the nasty bits.Thunder1: I don't need to prove the Bible, truth is already there, nothing to proof anymore. It's up to every individual, do they want to receive Jesus as their saviour or not. God has given that opportunity.Grape:The question is therefore, who is doing most wrong?The one who tries to disprove something by picking out the parts he needs to do it?Or the one who bases his whole life on the book without really taking everything into account?Please, give me a comment on this.Thunder1: There is only one real truth regarding your salvation, which is the main message in the Bible:to repent your unbelief in Jesus Christ as your saviour from your sins and from hell. Today is the day of salvation,don't waste your time.Was that good or nasty bit- you decide.- - -Grape:Keep warm.Thunder1: We had +40 decrees on Saturday. Grape:By the way, what is it called when you, instead of trying to find the good parts, tries to find the bad ones?Raisin picking?Good one !! Raisins are dried grapes, watch out Grape !EDIT: Grape:Atheists picks the cherries that the christians have left.Thunder1: What do you mean by that?

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
(Grape;37678)
I would have to agree with you too, with a slight correction.Atheists usually try to disprove the Bible, and therefore we pick out the nasty parts and the contradictions but overlooks the good parts. (There are good parts, especially in the new testament.)Christians usally try to prove that the Bible is right and therefore you pick out the nice bits but overlooks the contradictions and the nasty bits.The question is therefore, who is doing most wrong?The one who tries to disprove something by picking out the parts he needs to do it?Or the one who bases his whole life on the book without really taking everything into account?Please, give me a comment on this.- - -Keep warm.By the way, what is it called when you, instead of trying to find the good parts, tries to find the bad ones?Raisin picking?EDIT:Atheists picks the cherries that the christians have left.
Ahh... but this assumes that there ARE contradictions and nasty bits!!!Consider: what is considered nasty could be misunderstood, and what is considered a contradiction could in fact be complimentary!Praise be to God!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
Everyone cherry picks the bible to some degree either misunderstanding or just to fit the advice to their own life.I cherry pick on both sides, there are some good things in the bible, but one also finds the flaws.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
God's word is spiritual food for us. God is a good Heavenly Father to us and when we are in trouble or need guidance, He gives it to us, Because He is a good God, if we do wrong things, He also ask to repent it and not to do it anymore, because He is thinking our best. He loves us.