Mark of the Beast?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Re the OP..... Marks and Seals are identifiers. Regarding spiritual issues they have to do with the core of a persons reality referred to in the scriptures as the heart, the mind and identified in a persons persistent behaviour. There is no ambiguity in the scriptures about this.

The truth of this is known by God and no doubt Satan as well.....further, it is also known by the self honest yet it is elusive to the self deceived.

We do well if we take stock of ourselves and leave taking stock of others in the public domain to the one who knows the secrets of men because sure as the Sun rises in the morning, we don't.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A gun or sword or any other carnal weapon won’t keep anyone from perishing. No reserve or stock or preparedness other than that prepared of God, made without hands.

Jesus said to take your PURSE, a BAG, and a SWORD. -- Call HIM foolish if you want ...

If YOU'RE not obedient, then I propose YOU are foolish.
Bobby Jo

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe that the Mark has already occurred could be a terrible mistake.
Not sure what this means. When this period comes there will be no speculation. That people can only guess now, and no one can even get it right is 100% proof it has not happened. Belief really has nothing to do with truth, especially when belief is just in speculation.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many will accept the Mark and spend eternity in Hell fire.
If we talk in terms of a loving God, eternity in hellfire has got to be spawned in the imagination of the devil.
Even our pitiful sense of justice as humans would see that a lifetime of rebellion (lets say 80 yrs) does not warrant an eternity in torment.....an eternity....in torment....think of it! That idea is not from the heart of a loving God, that is certain.

Reactions: Brakelite and Nancy

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we talk in terms of a loving God, eternity in hellfire has got to be spawned in the imagination of the devil.
Even our pitiful sense of justice as humans would see that a lifetime of rebellion (lets say 80 yrs) does not warrant an eternity in torment.....an eternity....in torment....think of it! That idea is not from the heart of a loving God, that is certain.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fear of God and the wrath of God are two of the main Bible doctrines. .
Psalm 111:10
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;

Everyone will learn to fear God, now or in Hell but they will learn.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fear of God and the wrath of God are two of the main Bible doctrines. .
Psalm 111:10
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
That is correct but an eternity in torment is not referenced.
Death is the penalty of rebellion, not life in torment.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will accept the Mark and spend eternity in Hell fire.

CLARIFICATION: "Many Christians" will accept the Mark ...", -- because they can only digest milk / because their "pastors" are hirelings / because they have no depth of soil when hardships arise / because they ignored Jesus' last instructions before the Garden (Lke 22:35-36) / ... and the list goes on.

By my best guess, only 10% of mankind will survive to enter the Millennial Kingdom. -- And what is the "Great Falling Away", except a LARGE percentage of the church?!?
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death is the penalty of rebellion, not life in torment.

More false assertions; less Scripture -- (read: NO Scripture).

Dan. 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Christians already know this verse, but deceivers deny it. And we all choose our future, -- Eternity with GOD, or Eternity without GOD.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to take your PURSE, a BAG, and a SWORD. -- Call HIM foolish if you want ...

If YOU'RE not obedient, then I propose YOU are foolish.
Bobby Jo

A bag of...? couldn't be money as nobody will be able to buy or sell.

Reactions: Giuliano

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bag of...? couldn't be money as nobody will be able to buy or sell.

Are stores always AVAILABLE? Are they always OPEN? Do they always stock what you NEED?

Perhaps your "BAG" carries your prescription medications. Perhaps it carries your "sword". Perhaps it can carry a brain, if you ever find one! ;)

Why do people "kick against the pricks"? They argue with Scripture as though they were arguing with their spouse.
Bobby Jo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More false assertions; less Scripture -- (read: NO Scripture).

Dan. 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Christians already know this verse, but deceivers deny it. And we all choose our future, -- Eternity with GOD, or Eternity without GOD.
Bobby Jo
Bobby Jo...I have two things to say; firstly, do you really think that by plastering scriptures all over the place is saying anything real???
Secondly; you read these words 'and some to shame and everlasting contempt.' through the lens of life in torment but if you read them through the lens of God's promise to Adam that if he ate of the forbidden fruit, it becomes apparent that Death is eternal.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... if you read them through the lens of ...

... WACKY THEOLOGY, then what's written makes no difference. You can contrive whatever you want, AND IT WILL COME TRUE, because you are GREATER than Scripture. -- Yeah, NOT.

Bobby Jo

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is indeed, several times in the NT.
Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is indeed, several times in the NT.
Matthew 25:41-46 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Death is the punishment...death by fire, not life in fire.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a topic that has been discussed endlessly among Christians but if you will endure one more thread I have been searching this for a while now.

What first caught my attention and got my mind to seek a deeper understanding was the scripture in
1 Kings 10:14
14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold.

If we look back at the law for kings in Deuteronomy 17, It prohibits the king from multiplying horses and chariots, wives, and wealth. This is exactly what Solomon is doing in 1 Kings 10-11. Chapter ten begins by commending his great wisdom, but then steps through his decline - that is, he begins violating the rules for kings by multiplying gold (666 talents a year), multiplying horses and chariots, and finally multiplying wives who turn his heart away from following Yahweh. He sets up centers of false worship for all the foreign gods of his wives. So, the number 666 is associated with Solomon in his fall, his abuse of power, and his turning away from true worship of Yahweh.

In Revelation, Jesus sets up worship interactions under the symbol of business transactions - buying and selling.

I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

This is picked up in chapter 13 with reference to worship in the false temple - the image set up by the beast which must be worshiped on pain of death. Everyone must worship the image, but no one may do so without the mark. The buying and selling referred to here is of the same kind established by Jesus in chapter 3. It is worship - spiritual transactions.

Now go to Nebuchadnezzar....
Daniel 3:1 1King Nebuchadnezzar made a golden statue sixty cubits high and six cubits wide, and he set it up on the plain of Dura in the province of Babylon.

King Nebuchadnezzar made an image of gold, whose height was sixty cubits and its breadth six cubits... And the herald proclaimed aloud, “You are commanded, O peoples, nations, and languages, that when you hear the sound of the horn, pipe, lyre, trigon, harp, bagpipe, and every kind of music, you are to fall down and worship the golden image that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up. And whoever does not fall down and worship shall immediately be cast into a burning fiery furnace.”

Nebuchadnezzar is acting as a beast (and later, even more so) and sets up an image to be worshiped. Again, we have six and sixty associated with worship of a false image on pain of death.

All of this comes together in the name and number of the man - 666. This sums up man in his fallen state. The number carries with it the fallen glory of Solomon, his degraded wisdom, his failure to follow the word of God, his abuse of power, and his allowing himself to be turned aside to the worship of impotent gods.

Now let's move to the NT:
1 Timothy 6:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

There are more scriptures but here is my point...
wealth was the downfall of Solomon, Nebuchadnezzar, and according to 1 Timothy caused many to err from the faith when they coveted it.
Money is an idol to so many people.

So now to today's economy....if the U.S. economy collapses the whole world economy collapses....
Digital money is now being sold and bought as a world currency....(bitcoins for one)
Is it possible that the mark of the Beast will be this world currency in the form of digital money?

any thoughts?

it doesn't seem logical that gold or money is the name of a man, but your posting of the talents of gold amounting to 666 is most defiantly key to the answer of that mystery. I've read that text more than once and never noticed the 666.

but after looking into it, gold in Hebrew is "Zahab" which is used as a first name and last name in the world

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it doesn't seem logical that gold or money is the name of a man, but your posting of the talents of gold amounting to 666 is most defiantly key to the answer of that mystery. I've read that text more than once and never noticed the 666.

but after looking into it, gold in Hebrew is "Zahab" which is used as a first name and last name in the world
I know and the more I study it the more I am learning....it could be tied to the mark in some way.