Martial Arts for self defense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay well someone seems to be advising women just to let violent perverts do their worst to them, without resisting. And by God's grace I am repeatedly rejecting that very unsound advice.
I'm glad you are. That person is obviously a rapist or even worse. When a person defends a sin, they are likely doing that sin (and then some).

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I trust brother Farouk was more interested in the lady's tats than he was her t-, er, cleavage.
Whatever. Right now, men can take a hike. I don't know a one who treats women the way God intended.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus was called worse I suppose:

“And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?” (John 10:20)
So are you advising women to let violent perverts do their worst to them and then making such a comparison in your defence? Is is more important to defend your advice in this way than to have sympathy for defenceless women in the face of violent perverts?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus doesn't condone rape or child molestation. Read the scripture.

The topic is self-defense.

You and @farouk are so quick to emotional judgment that you both missed my post where I encourage faith in God who protects us and is stronger than all.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk @TLHKAJ

Faith, what an alien concept.

“I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)

Not much would be my guess…

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I trust brother Farouk was more interested in the lady's tats than he was her t-, er, cleavage.
The point was... as a woman, I shouldn't have to see my Christian brothers posting photos or videos of poorly clad women. It should be a consideration. If you're a man who believes you stand up for women, then don't post photos of women with their cleavage showing. It's not appropriate. And it certainly doesn't portray the sense of women being valued and protected from victimization.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic is self-defense.

You and @farouk are so quick to emotional judgment that you both missed my post where I encourage faith in God who protects us and is stronger than all.
God is certainly able to protect and do everything for us. And sometimes, He requires us to do something.

While I'm praying, and a man is over me .....I still have a right (in every sense of the word) to defend myself.

Reactions: Taken and farouk

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you advising women to let violent perverts do their worst to them and then making such a comparison in your defence? Is is more important to defend your advice in this way than to have sympathy for defenceless women in the face of violent perverts?

All the faithless hypocrites will suffer this fate in the end and no amount of self-defense is going to help you!

“Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:16)

Start trusting in the Lord!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The point was... as a woman, I shouldn't have to see my Christian brothers posting photos or videos of poorly clad women. It should be a consideration. If you're a man who believes you stand up for women, then don't post photos of women with their cleavage showing. It's not appropriate. And it certainly doesn't portray the sense of women being valued and protected from victimization.
Frankly, the aspect in question you keep highlighting was significantly less than what's there at the average beach where no one bats an eyelid, so to speak. In any case it's deleted; and yet by mentioning it over and over you are making a subject of something that was not the main subject in any case. Let's move on.

All while someone else on this thread is advising women to let violent perverts do their worst to them.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk @TLHKAJ

Faith, what an alien concept.

“I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)

Not much would be my guess…
You have no clue. You try doing what God led you to do, and yet while you do it ....your granddaughter is stolen, then your son is killed .....you become homeless, and suffer persecution (rapes, tortures, threats) ....and still serve God, and say "God is good." Tell me ..... would you be standing? You can't say yay or nay bc you've never walked in those places!!!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly, the aspect in question you keep highlighting was significantly less than what's there at the average beach where no one bats an eyelid, so to speak. In any case it's deleted; and yet by mentioning it over and over you are making a subject of something that was not the main subject in any case. Let's move on.

All while someone else on this thread is advising women to let violent perverts do their worst to them.
You let it go. If I get quoted, I will reply. So, take your own advice. Let it go.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God is certainly able to protect and do everything for us. And sometimes, He requires us to do something.

While I'm praying, and a man is over me .....I still have a right (in every sense of the word) to defend myself.
@TLHKAJ Amen, indeed! :)

The Proverbs 31 woman - among her various other qualities - was someone who tried to keep strong physically: "She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms" (verse 17).

Reactions: Taken and TLHKAJ

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All while someone else on this thread is advising women to let violent perverts do their worst to

So you continue to ignore the full context of my posts.

Very dishonest of you @farouk

Especially when you keep ignoring some of my posts and highlight only the one that triggered you (falsely I might add).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it didn't. It's what men like. They think nothing of it, bc women are objects (to most men).

I think in some cultures you are right about women being an object of ownership, somewhat as a personal slave.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So you continue to ignore the full context of my posts.

Very dishonest of you @farouk

Especially when you keep ignoring some of posts and highlighting only the one that triggered you (falsely I might add).
I think I am going to have to ignore your posts on this thread.............

I see some very twisted logic by which you seem to be moralizing in favour of women passively letting violent perverts do their worst to them, which is unscriptural.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no clue. You try doing what God led you to do, and yet while you do it ....your granddaughter is stolen, then your son is killed .....you become homeless, and suffer persecution (rapes, tortures, threats) ....and still serve God, and say "God is good." Tell me ..... would you be standing? You can't say yay or nay bc you've never walked in those places!!!

Job did.

I keep sober and keep strong in the Spirit in case I get tested in such a way.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think in some cultures you are right about women being an object of ownership, somewhat as a personal slave.
If you scroll back, this was never suggested.

Sadly, though, someone is seemingly arguing that women should passively let violent perverts do their worst to them.

Reactions: TLHKAJ