Martial Arts for self defense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I am going to have to ignore your posts on this thread.............

I see some very twisted logic by which you seem to be moralizing in favour of women passively letting violent perverts do their worst to them, which is unscriptural.
I honestly don't believe you're a pervert, btw. It is just something I wish men would consider. I apologize for my harshness. It's been a rough day. That's not your fault. I do appreciate that you're speaking up for women.

Reactions: Lambano and farouk

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to first say I hate evil, I hate physical fighting, and I hate those who purposely bring injury upon others.
Now I want to applaud any woman who wants to learn defensive moves to defend herself against her attacker.
I served in the Army and first thing I learned was I was not a woman...lol...I was a soldier of the United States Army and it was his job to train soldiers how to fight. With and without weapons.
In today's age martial arts won't help much in a gun fight unless you are positioned to remove it from their hands.

Jm2c

Reactions: farouk and TLHKAJ

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk

It’s twisted logic to trust in your “self-defense” instead of God.

Worse, not willing to suffer for His sake!

“…and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.” (Acts 5:40-41)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job did.

I keep sober and keep strong in the Spirit in case I get tested in such a way.
Until then ....you're just one of Job's friends.

I only mentioned some of the things I've suffered .....you don't usually see me mention those things on this site.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk

It’s twisted logic to trust in your “self-defense” instead of God.

Worse, not willing to suffer for His sake!

“…and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.” (Acts 5:40-41)
Suffering shame for the sake of the Name of the Lord, and women supposedly having to let violent perverts do their worst to them, are not the same: one is Scriptural, the other not.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @farouk , how about Lot offering up his daughters:

“Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.” (Genesis 19:8)

More dreadful Bible concepts for you I suppose.

You better put me on ignore!

The sword of the word is sharp! I’m good at wielding it!

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering shame for the sake of the Name of the Lord, and women supposedly having to let violent perverts do their worst to them, are not the same: one is Scriptural, the other not.
Thank you.... I agree.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would like to first say I hate evil, I hate physical fighting, and I hate those who purposely bring injury upon others.
Now I want to applaud any woman who wants to learn defensive moves to defend herself against her attacker.
I served in the Army and first thing I learned was I was not a woman...lol...I was a soldier of the United States Army and it was his job to train soldiers how to fight. With and without weapons.
In today's age martial arts won't help much in a gun fight unless you are positioned to remove it from their hands.

Jm2c
@Heart2Soul It's indeed hard to think of women in the military who have not undergone their basic training.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the faithless hypocrites will suffer this fate in the end and no amount of self-defense is going to help you!

“Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:16)

Start trusting in the Lord!

Trusting in the Lord is not the topic, or issue, or need of reminder.
People attack people, verbally and physically.
Not a big secret, an attacker uses the advantage of surprise, size, muscle strength, armed, status, etc. and are willing to take the risk because of those advantages.
The Lord teaches He will comfort through an ordeal, yet also be prepared with a defense of the surprise expected.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not a big secret, an attacker uses the advantage of surprise, size, muscle strength, armed, status, etc. and are willing to take the risk because of those advantages.
The Lord teaches He will comfort through an ordeal, yet also be prepared with a defense of the surprise expected.
Post #51 has some videos of defence techniques.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you scroll back, this was never suggested.

Not saying it was suggested, just saying, it does exist in some cultures.

Sadly, though, someone is seemingly arguing that women should passively let violent perverts do their worst to them.

The Lord is clear...
Armor of God...is for defense against evil spirits.
A sword...is for defense against wicked men.

Neither suggest offensive, rather a prepared defense.
The Lord Himself is key on being prepared.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.” (Genesis 19:8)

The sword of word is sharp! I’m good at wielding it!
Nowhere in scripture does it say that Lot was perfect and did everything the way he should have. Just because that's what he did, doesn't mean he made the right decision. He was in that sinful place for so long, it's a wonder he even came out at all. The angels had to take them by the hand and pull them out ...his wife looked back, Lot rejected God's leading to go to a certain place and bargained with God to go to a closer city, then his daughters get him drunk and sleep with their own father ....and he let that happen. Just sick all the way around. These people were warped .....it was Abraham's prayers that saved them.

I know Lot was vexed by what he witnessed there, but somehow, he didn't escape there too willingly, nor did he escape without some major spiritual baggage.

Lot knew those men were wicked and they wouldn't have taken his daughters anyway. They were not only homosexual, but these people were having sex with fallen angels. They were willing to have sex with angels ....that says a lot!!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
......fixed my typo in previous post.....

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let me share a personal experience.

One early morning while it was still dark outside I had to walk to my job. I had to walk through a long portion of a road through an area known for murders and high crimes. It was quiet, no cars, no pedestrians other than me.

As I was walking suddenly I saw 4 men coming up a side street onto the road I was walking on coming in my direction. Two crossed the street to intercept me. I then started praying silently for God’s protection while continuing my walking pace towards them.

When the two got close, I walked past them. Then one of them blurted out, “yo, let me get that juice” (I was carrying a drink). I turned around without hesitation and gave him the juice and then turned around and kept walking.

Let me tell you, before I was a Christian, if this happened, I would have panicked and God only knows how that might have turned out!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sword of word is sharp! I’m good at wielding it!
Using it as a weapon to destroy another person's faith is wrongly applying God's Word.
What you are doing is using God's Word to empower your own ideology.
What Lot did was wrong and he suffered the consequences of his choices.
His first mistake:
When Abram and Lot decided to separate their flocks, Abram gave Lot his choice of relocation. Lot selfishly took the best pasture and settled next to Sodom. The city’s wicked reputation didn’t stop him from choosing more prosperity over religious purity.

Reactions: Taken and TLHKAJ

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot's remorse:
Sodom’s involvement in a political rebellion resulted in Lot and his family being taken captive. After Abram rescued him, Lot chose to continue living in Sodom. Did he outwardly condone the residents’ sins in the name of tolerance? Good thing God pricked his heart. In 2 Peter 2:7-8, we read that Lot “was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men.” From living among them day after day, he was tormented in his soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard.
Lot could not find peace in his soul.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot’s secular choices had costly consequences. The first lesson from Lot’s life is not to compromise God’s standards to conform to the world or blend into it.

Capital Concerts

Lot took two visiting angels home with him to protect them from the Sodomites. The city men threatened him and tried to break down his door.

That scandalous scene included Lot offering his virgin daughters to appease the evil Sodomites (Genesis 13). What kind of father does that? The angels intervened to keep everyone safe, and struck all the men outside Lot’s door with blindness.

Lot lived in fear of the Sodomites insomuch that he was ready (not willingly) to offer his daughters to them.