Mary, Queen of Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be the nation of Israel.
Thank you JBF,
There is more to this story. Most of Revelation’s symbols have multiple associations or meanings.

The Woman is Mary because she is the mother of Jesus which is the child who will rule the nations with a rod of iron (Revelations 19:11–16).

The Woman is also the Church because as VS12:17 tells us, “the rest of her offspring” would be those who bear witness to Jesus, making them Christians.

She is pregnant soooo who is the child in her womb?

Bible study Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That verse does not say disciple
Personal name like mat 16:18 Peter that means Peter but disciple means all disciples Jesus is not only asking John to care for His mother or He would have said so, He makers Her His spiritual mother and ours

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, yes, a surrogate birth mother, but not a biological birth mother. now if the body was biological/human, as your and mine are, then post his biological father name to that flesh? well. I'll be looking for that answer.

for the angel clearly said, Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing, (thing, here means flesh), which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God". Mary never birthed the Lord who is Spirit, no woman can birth a spirit, for all spirit are given by God, supportive scripture, Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:"

and when you die, that same spirit that was given by God returns to God, it's not yours. so Mary only birthed the body, flesh and it was not concieved by any man. so no sperm nor egg was used, but the scriptures are clear. Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" notice Mary, "but a body hast thou prepared me", thou has perpared, not Mary the virgin perpared on her own. we suggest you understand what the term "overshadow" means.

now Mary, a question for you, "did Jesus the spirit come from or out of the virgin womb or did the body of flesh only?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Hi Saboteur,

Who taught you Scripture? They failed to teach you these passages:

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh.....is the deceiver and the antichrist.

By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

Your teacher forgot to teach you that that Jesus became weary (John 4:6), thirsty (John 19:28), and hungry (Matthew 4:2), and that he had human emotions such as marvel (Matthew 8:10) and sorrow (John 11:35)......just like EVERY human being in the flesh!

Why did He say we must eat his flesh if he didn't have flesh?

Mary

PS: Answer to your question: Jesus, who is both Spirit and bodily flesh, came out of the womb!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious . . . I account Mary blessed above others to have bore our Savior. But if I don't keep her holidays or pray to her for prayers, do you feel I don't honor her?

Much love!
Hi Marks. You pose an excellent question.

I always fall back to WWJD! So WWJD to honor his mother?

If Jesus was standing in front of you and asked you "Do you honor, respect and love my mother?" What would your answer be?

Respectfully, Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible never claimed once that Mary is a queen.
Hi Renniks,

The bible never claimed she gave birth to any other child than Jesus. Do you believe she had other children?

Curious Mary

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Jesus was standing in front of you and asked you "Do you honor, respect and love my mother?" What would your answer be?

Respectfully, Mary
I do....but not any more (or less) than I love any other believer in Christ.

For Jesus told us to love one another...and Mary would be included in those of whom we are to honour, love, and respect.

But even Jesus, in a sense, disowned Mary when He told John, Behold thy mother, and said to Mary, Behold thy son.

He replaced Himself with John as being Mary's son.

And it seems to me that Jesus to a certain extent disrespects Mary when He says, "Who are my mother and brethren? It is those who hear and obey the word of God" (my paraphrase). because Mary in that moment was seeking to dissuade Jesus from His purpose of acting in the role of Messiah, so she was not being obedient to the word of God.

Also in John chapter 2, Jesus again appears to disrespect His mother when He says, "Woman, what have I to do with thee? My hour is not yet come."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Saboteur,

Who taught you Scripture? They failed to teach you these passages:

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh.....is the deceiver and the antichrist.

By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

Your teacher forgot to teach you that that Jesus became weary (John 4:6), thirsty (John 19:28), and hungry (Matthew 4:2), and that he had human emotions such as marvel (Matthew 8:10) and sorrow (John 11:35)......just like EVERY human being in the flesh!

Why did He say we must eat his flesh if he didn't have flesh?

Mary

PS: Answer to your question: Jesus, who is both Spirit and bodily flesh, came out of the womb!

the Jews qualify as anti-Christ? There still expecting the messiah

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does scripture tell Christians to honor Mary?
Hi renniks,

You ask a VERY good question. My question to you is: Where does Scripture say that everything you must/should do as a Christian has to be specifically written in Scripture?

If Mary was important to God, shouldn’t she be important to us?

We are to be like Him. Did He honor her?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For Jesus told us to love one another...and Mary would be included in those of whom we are to honour, love, and respect.

But even Jesus, in a sense, disowned Mary when He told John, Behold thy mother, and said to Mary, Behold thy son.

And it seems to me that Jesus to a certain extent disrespects Mary when He says, "Who are my mother and brethren? It is those who hear and obey the word of God" (my paraphrase). because Mary in that moment was seeking to dissuade Jesus from His purpose of acting in the role of Messiah, so she was not being obedient to the word of God.

Also in John chapter 2, Jesus again appears to disrespect His mother when He says, "Woman, what have I to do with thee? My hour is not yet come."

He is actually glorifying His mother!
No one has done the will of God or been more faithful than Mary mother of God!
Lk 1:45

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you please clarify: Based on your above statements it seems to me that you think that Jesus showed disrespect for his mother. Do you believe that?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi renniks,

You ask a VERY good question. My question to you is: Where does Scripture say that everything you must/should do as a Christian has to be specifically written in Scripture?

Lk 1:48 all generations shall call me blessed!

Prov 3:27 psalm 33:8 rom 13:7

Reactions: Marymog

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On a new earth? I guess the question in my mind is do you see Mary remaining at Jesus' side in eternity?

Much love!

The new earth may be figurative. We don't know much about heavenly life.
As to Mary, when Jesus was asked by the mother of James and John if they could sit on his right and left in the heavenly kingdom, Jesus replied "to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father." Perhaps the right hand was already allocated to Mary. :)
Who knows!

Reactions: theefaith and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Respectfully, Mary
Hi Mary,

God's desire that we honor our fathers and mothers is very clear, isn't it? And that we give honor and respect to all whom it is due. We are to love all, most certainly!

My question was related to "keeping holidays for Mary", did Jesus do that?

Much love!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Renniks,

The bible never claimed she gave birth to any other child than Jesus. Do you believe she had other children?

Curious Mary
Of course. Jesus had brothers and sisters, according to scripture, so obviously, she gave birth to other children.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi renniks,

Honor might be the wrong word. What I'm really asking is where does scripture say to glorify Mary, put her on a pedestal, call her sinless, make up a story about her going straight to heaven without dying and pray to her?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mary,

God's desire that we honor our fathers and mothers is very clear, isn't it? And that we give honor and respect to all whom it is due. We are to love all, most certainly!

My question was related to "keeping holidays for Mary", did Jesus do that?

Much love!
Hi and thank you,

Yes, it is "very clear": Honor your father and mother. :rolleyes:

I wish mine were still alive so I can show them honor. Does that commandment end even after they have died? In death, is there a way I can still honor them?

Trust me, I completely understood your question. You were speaking specifically about holidays and praying to her! You do neither of those. That is why I asked: "If Jesus was standing in front of you and asked you "Do you honor, respect and love my mother?" What would your answer be?":)

Mary

Reactions: theefaith

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi and thank you,

Yes, it is "very clear": Honor your father and mother. :rolleyes:

I wish mine were still alive so I can show them honor. Does that commandment end even after they have died? In death, is there a way I can still honor them?

Trust me, I completely understood your question. You were speaking specifically about holidays and praying to her! You do neither of those. That is why I asked: "If Jesus was standing in front of you and asked you "Do you honor, respect and love my mother?" What would your answer be?":)

Mary
Ok . . . I know the desired course of this conversation will lead to your church's idea of how we honor and respect Mary. With prayers, with special days, apparently.

But you want to build on a foundation of an hypothetical, which isn't actually a reality.

Jesus is not in fact standing in front of me discussing about how I would honor His mother.

So anything down that road is speculating on a non-real situation.

But if you wish to go on the lines of what God is saying to me, let me ask you first,

Does Jesus speak to me? What is your thought on that?

Much love!

Reactions: Renniks

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. Jesus had brothers and sisters, according to scripture, so obviously, she gave birth to other children.
Hi Renniks,

Scripture implies Mary gave birth to other children but it does not say she gave birth to other children. Your belief is the product of what you are implying from Scripture. (your belief is actually the product of men who broke away from the Reformers....but that's another discussion for another day)

Since "the Bible never claimed" that Mary had other children you are implying that she had other children.

For almost 2,000 years Christianity has implied from Scripture that Mary is a queen; Queen of Heaven and Earth.

You reject the longest and oldest implication
(teaching) of The Church but accept the 500 year implication (teaching) of Protestantism....hmmmmmm!

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you wish to go on the lines of what God is saying to me, let me ask you first,

Much love!
Not playing that game kiddo! :rolleyes:

I asked you first (post #144 and #156) soooooo you would actually be asking me second, not first. ;)

I look forward to your response of my question in post 144 which is the same question in post 156!!

Respectfully, Mary