Melbourne has fallen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hereby declare Melbourne to be the first city in the western world to collapse under the foot of communism... It has died and is never returning...

Beware, Satan's minions are everywhere and they're trying to take your town...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A bit of an exaggeration there, they still have some people for Jesus in Melbourne. ;)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A bit of an exaggeration there, they still have some people for Jesus in Melbourne. ;)

Christians have nothing to do with the fact that Melbourne is dead... A corpse...
Christians have nothing to do with Dictator Dan passing laws unopposed like a tyrant...
Christians have nothing to do with Dan killing off the sick and elderly as well as the unemployed and poor...
Christians have nothing to do with the fact we have the most totalitarian laws in the western world...

Unless everything returns to how it was, Melbourne has collapsed like Rome did, like Persia did

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problems is that people, including politicians do not know what the role of a politician is.

A politician should be able to analyse what is happening and then tell the people what the root cause of the issue is and how that is causing the lose of our liberties. However because many politicians have their snout in the feed trough, and rely on people to endorse them on a regular basis, they have lost the "balls" to tell the people that they represent the truth of the matters often and to actually lay the blame where it should lie.

The problem is that people want to be able to do what they want without accepting the consequences of their actions and then attribute the problem to a minority, like politicians, and put all of the responsibility for their bad decisions onto that minority.

People as a rule like to play games where they are "winning" all of the time, and beating the government is one of those games. Paying taxes is part of one of those games where people will try every trick in the book to minimise their contribution to provide services that will be of benefit to them.

The question that many people avoid is who is responsible for their own personal governance? It certainly is not the Government of the day as the allegiances of the people change with the whim of the people depending on who has the leadership role over the people.

Who is responsible for maintaining Law and Order within our society? The police certainly cannot because the people they are entrusted to help maintain Law and Order with do not want the police to record and report their respective abuses of Law and Order. Take Road Law enforcement as an example, the only time people comply with the Road Laws is when they think that there are policemen around to notice their abuses of the Road Laws in play in that particular situation. Road rage is one of the examples that demonstrates this where people do not believe that the rules of the road actually applies to them and that everybody else should get out of their way so that they are not impeded in their intention to get from point "A" to "B" as quickly as possible. People being selfish on the road and show no generosity towards other road users is the norm more and more today. People believe that they are the most important people and that everybody else should curtail to their wishes otherwise they will suffer the wrath of them which is exhibited as road rage by them.

If more people were generous towards others, instead of being selfish, then there would be a big difference in the attitude of the population, but a change of attitude from selfishness to generosity is read as a loss by many people because they can only win in this world if they are selfish towards everybody else.

I wonder what would happen if the "salt of the earth" had not lost their saltiness and become irrelevant for the rest of the world to follow.

Would things be very different?

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hereby declare Melbourne to be the first city in the western world to collapse under the foot of communism... It has died and is never returning...

Beware, Satan's minions are everywhere and they're trying to take your town...
You can nothing to give thanks for? You may drive yourself to suicide if you keep looking at the things you don't like and aren't happy for the things you like.

This kind of crisis can be used to make us stronger. Some famous person said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." The problems we have in life can be used by God to make us better people. "In all things, give thanks."

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can nothing to give thanks for? You may drive yourself to suicide if you keep looking at the things you don't like and aren't happy for the things you like.

This kind of crisis can be used to make us stronger. Some famous person said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." The problems we have in life can be used by God to make us better people. "In all things, give thanks."

Im not thinking about suicide but i am a bit depressed after seeing that the city i was born and raised in is dead...
I didn't expect to get this torn up but i must of really loved that town i guess, cos i feel like im mourning a loved one
Ye it might come back but im not holding by breath cos i feel like this fear is the new norm now, they own this city and its people now...

Meanwhile the devastation that is occurring in the poorer side of town is going unnoticed. Its us who is suffering, we're making the sacrifice for this bs, my family and friends. Not these people on their mountain of gold waving their fist at us to stay home from the other side of the land...

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problems is that people, including politicians do not know what the role of a politician is.

A politician should be able to analyse what is happening and then tell the people what the root cause of the issue is and how that is causing the lose of our liberties. However because many politicians have their snout in the feed trough, and rely on people to endorse them on a regular basis, they have lost the "balls" to tell the people that they represent the truth of the matters often and to actually lay the blame where it should lie.

The problem is that people what to be able to do what they want without accepting the consequences of their actions and then attribute the problem to a minority, like politicians, and put all of the responsibility for their bad decisions onto that minority.

People as a rule like to play games where they are "winning" all of the time, and beating the government is one of those games. Paying taxes is part of one of those games where people will try every trick in the book to minimise their contribution to provide services that will be of benefit to them.

The question that many people avoid is who is responsible for their own personal governance? It certainly is not the Government of the day as the allegiances of the people change with the whim of the people depending on who has the leadership role over the people.

Who is responsible for maintaining Law and Order within our society? The police certainly cannot because the people they are entrusted to help maintain Law and Order with do not want the police to record and report their respective abuses of Law and Order. Take Road Law enforcement as an example, the only time people comply with the Road Laws is when they thing that there are policemen around to notice their abuses of the Road Laws in play in that particular situation. Road rage is one of the examples that demonstrates this where people do not believe that the rules of the road actually applies to them and that everybody else should get out of their way so that they are not impeded in their intention to get from point "A" to "B" as quickly as possible. People being selfish on the road and show no generosity towards other road users is the norm more and more today. People believe that they are the most important people and that everybody else should curtail to their wishes otherwise they will suffer the wrath of them which is exhibited as road rage by them.

If more people were generous towards others, instead of being selfish, then there would be a big difference in the attitude of the population, but a change of attitude from selfishness to generosity is read as a loss by many people because they can only win in this world if they are selfish towards everybody else.

I wonder what would happen if the "salt of the earth" had not lost their saltiness and become irrelevant for the rest of the world to follow.

Would things be very different?

Shalom

bandicam-2020hzgj-08-18-09-50-29-485.jpg
bandicc-nam-2020-08-18-09-49-27-132.jpg

bandicam-2020-08-18-09-xfgmhh48-38-214.jpg
bandicam-20flyuy20-08-18-09-49-01-593.jpg

Unless you come to the poor side of town your criticisms are nothing but ignorant and selfish.

An 80yo old dies from covid... Such a big deal even though his lived a good life beyond the average age and had less than a year left...
A 20 year old kills himself... That 60 years of life lost... Not that u care or anyone else... He was poor anyway, right...

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians have nothing to do with the fact that Melbourne is dead... A corpse...
Christians have nothing to do with Dictator Dan passing laws unopposed like a tyrant...
Christians have nothing to do with Dan killing off the sick and elderly as well as the unemployed and poor...
Christians have nothing to do with the fact we have the most totalitarian laws in the western world...

Unless everything returns to how it was, Melbourne has collapsed like Rome did, like Persia did

Imo he has actually done a good job compared to other places around the world with handling the pandemic, he has also done a good job with removing level dangerous railway crossings in Melbourne, even though I do wish he did more for country Victoria railway crossings though....

The restrictions he has put in place have worked to drop a peak high of 725 new cases in 24 hours, down to 222 new cases in the past 24 hours today, that's in just under 2 weeks. And we should remember they aren't the hardest restrictions in the world either.

I think he has done good this year, considering he has worked, for God knows how long since a break, realistically it probably has been nearly 6 months since his last day off. I know I couldn't do that, 6 days in a row for me is a struggle, so I only work 5 day weeks most of the time.

Overall he is a very hard working politician.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On a separate note, this may be quite a debate, but please remember to be respectful to one another.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
bandicam-2020hzgj-08-18-09-50-29-485.jpg
bandicc-nam-2020-08-18-09-49-27-132.jpg

bandicam-2020-08-18-09-xfgmhh48-38-214.jpg
bandicam-20flyuy20-08-18-09-49-01-593.jpg

Unless you come to the poor side of town your criticisms are nothing but ignorant and selfish.

An 80yo old dies from covid... Such a big deal even though his lived a good life beyond the average age and had less than a year left...
A 20 year old kills himself... That 60 years of life lost... Not that u care or anyone else... He was poor anyway, right...

Cristo, before you begin to throw horse hockey at anyone, perhaps you might like to read what I had actually posted and meditate on it before you begin to post any rebuttals based on what I had posted.

When I can see you doing that, without any forest on your shoulder, then I may consider having a conversation with you, but until then, post facts about a person, not false facts which can be shown to be very false indeed. It seems to me that you are taking pot shots at others but only shooting yourself in the foot.

Shalom

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cristo, before you begin to throw horse hockey at anyone, perhaps you might like to read what I had actually posted and meditate on it before you begin to post any rebuttals based on what I had posted.

When I can see you doing that, without any forest on your shoulder, then I may consider having a conversation with you, but until then, post facts about a person, not false facts which can be shown to be very false indeed. It seems to me that you are taking pot shots at others but only shooting yourself in the foot.

Shalom

Uncle Scrooge McDuck

- Your in QLD. U have no idea what its like here.
- You know nothing about me, my family or my personal situation throughout this pandemic.
- You are retired, well off. You have no idea what life is like on my side of town now
- At your age u are at risk. All the fear has driven u to consider yourself only.
- All the fear has driven you to disregard everyone else.

Despite all this u approach me with hostility, calling me selfish, making sweeping accusations.
U know what... I am selfish... I care about my family, my friends, my community. Nothing comes before them

U know, we are both driven by fear and its Satan. You and me... Two ways he delivers fear is through oppression (me) and obsession (you)
Oppression. Im afraid of seeing my family and friends suffer, im afraid that life will never be the same again. I have to put more trust in Him
Obsession. Your afraid of getting sick. Your afraid of dying.

There are many people that i disagree with on many topics and we're still cool. We don't attack one another. We respect each other.
Now... This is the 3rd time you've attacked me in this fashion i think. I bit my tongue on the other two eventually...
But seeing u continue to be judgmental and obnoxious im just going to block you...

Godspeed and God Bless

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And we should remember they aren't the hardest restrictions in the world either

Daniel Andrews has the most totalitarian management of covid from every state in the western world as far as i know...
If there is a challenger then im all ears... Present their case...:rolleyes:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uncle Scrooge McDuck

- Your in QLD. U have no idea what its like here.
- You know nothing about me, my family or my personal situation throughout this pandemic.
- You are retired, well off. You have no idea what life is like on my side of town now
- At your age u are at risk. All the fear has driven u to consider yourself only.

Despite all this u approach me with hostility, calling me selfish, making sweeping accusations.
U know what... I am selfish... I care about my family, my friends, my community. Nothing comes before them

U know, we are both driven by fear and its Satan. You and me... Two ways he delivers fear is through oppression (me) and obsession (you)
Oppression. Im afraid of seeing my family and friends suffer, im afraid that life will never be the same again. I have to put more trust in Him
Obsession. Your afraid of getting sick. Your afraid of dying.

There are many people that i disagree with on many topics and we're still cool. We don't attack one another. We respect each other.
Now... This is the 3rd time you've attacked me in this fashion i think. I bit my tongue on the other two eventually...
But seeing u continue to be judgmental and obnoxious im just going to block you...

Godspeed and God Bless

Your rant reminded me of the ditty that goes something like this: -

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me,
Thing I'll go and eat worms,
Bite their heads off, suck their guts out,
Throw their skins away.
My post #4 above made not mention of you in any way, but spoke generally of the situation in the world today, globally, where the cares of the world are choking out the life of the world. What is happening in the world today reminds me of the third place where the seeds were scattered in the parable of the Sower. For a Christian, if they focus on the weeds growing around them and choking them and taking their nutrients from the soil of Israel, then they will wither up and die in this type of situation by turn away from God. But that is our lot at present for the Christian community

Your response was to post a number of cartoons of scrooge McDuck where you were attempting to make a statement about me personally as a stingy old person who was afraid of this pandemic. It would seem that you were not in a place where you could rationally discuss even your OP because you immediately responded by attacking the messenger, rather than commenting on the message in my post #4 above.

My last comment in that post was: -

which is a reference to Christ's words in Matthew 5:13, Mark 9:49-50 and Luke 14:34. Two apostles also wrote on the subject of Christ's disciples being salt as well, in Colossians 4:6 and James 3:12 where it is beneficial to read the references in the context of where they are found.

Josho gave a warning to people not to make this personal.

On a separate note, this may be quite a debate, but please remember to be respectful to one another.

So what if I am a Queenslander, that does not mean that I cannot understand what is happening in Victoria. In fact, I am probably in a better place to see what is going on in Victoria than the people who are living there because they are too close to what is happening.

You claimed: -
You know nothing about me, my family or my personal situation throughout this pandemic.
but this is true for all of us on a forum, we all only open a very small window into our souls and as such we all know very little about the other members.
You are retired, well off. You have no idea what life is like on my side of town now
How do you know this? What crystal ball are you gazing into to be able to see what my life is like and which side I am living on with regards to wealth. Yes I am a self funded retiree, but that does not mean that I am wealthy. Yes I have retired and now have more time to contemplate what is happening in the world.
May I remind you that this virus is no respecter of a person's age or apparent wealth. What you have posted in this claim is "fake news" on your part.

You have no idea of my trails and tribulations.

As an older person all that I can say to you at this moment is for you to grow up and to stop blaming everybody else for the situation that you have found yourself in and start giving thanks to God that He is actually taking care of you even though you are not seeing it at this present time.

In my post #10 above, I said that I was happy to converse with you on the OP, but your responses have been nothing short of unfounded personal character assassination on your part. It is time that you started walking in God's earth instead of the places where you are living in at this moment.

Shalom

PS: - this is my advice to you and I hope that you will read it in the manner in which it is given as an encouragement for you to grow in your walk with God.

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel Andrews has the most totalitarian management of covid from every state in the western world as far as i know...
If there is a challenger then im all ears... Present their case...:rolleyes:

Parts of Europe were completely locked down, they weren't even allowed to exercise away from home.

Reactions: JohnDB and historyb

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Parts of Europe were completely locked down, they weren't even allowed to exercise away from home.

What kind of a case is that... Are u working??? U must be working out there, free, unshackled, in the fresh air, unmuzzled, among the eucalypts.
Tsss...
Your experience is not from a Melbourne perspective mate, its from a regional one...

Im going to lay out the case comprehensively on what has happened, since i got plenty of time to spare

"State of emergency". Im going to begin with this political state which only Victoria is under and has been under from the start...
Do u know what changes are in a State of emergency?
Cos the media doesn't explain these things ... But for now...

All hail your supreme leader, Dictator Daniel Andrews, the infallible one...
dansalute.jpg

Passing laws unopposed
Changing laws unopposed

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What kind of a case is that... Are u working??? U must be working out there, free, unshackled, in the fresh air, unmuzzled, among the eucalypts.
Tsss... Your experience is not from a Melbourne perspective, its from a regional one...

Im going to lay out the case comprehensively on what has happened, since i got plenty of time to spare

"State of emergency". Im going to begin with this political state which only Victoria is under and has been under from the start...
Do u know what changes are in a State of emergency?
Cos the media doesn't explain these things ... But for now...

All hail your supreme leader, Dictator Daniel Andrews, the infallible one...
dansalute.jpg

Under stage 4 construction workers and some other businesses are still allowed to work at a reduced scale, construction workers weren't even allowed to work in Italy's peak I believe.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Spain was the worst for a bit. Children there could not even go outside for a while.

Early on when they knew nothing that is understandable... But tune in cos im about to explain the political situation in my state that has resulted in our leader having dictatorial powers for the last 6 months... Passing and changing laws unopposed... And the media are silent until recently

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Under stage 4 construction workers and some other businesses are still allowed to work at a reduced scale, construction workers weren't even allowed to work in Italy's peak I believe.

I think thats a fair indication you don't know what is happening under Victorias "state of emergency"... ok... Look

Status
Not open for further replies.