Men, would you have problems being with someone who looks like a Mennonite?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah,.. but I was just explaining. Why people and Christians of all people want to constantly bicker about every little thing is beyond me though. :rolleyes:

One reason is heat & energy.

Suppose a thread is started about 'war is bad' or 'peace is good.' Must will agree and there is not too much to say. But when you get into controversy, it sparks interest, which unfortunately leads to bickering, as you say.

Getting back to the point of this thread, I have much more respect for women who respect themselves enough to dress conservatively and not as a lady of the night. I hope the women reading this take heart in that.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this fits in line with how I believe. I do see modesty as a Biblical standard. I was part of a church where they made rules to dictate what we could and couldn't wear. And they believed it was a salvation issue. And for a long time, I lived that way ... long dresses or skirts. But I got tired of seeing my little girls being gawked at when they played on the playground. So I began putting knitted pants or shorts under their dresses ....that was a no-no... and especially got sideways looks when I decided my baby girls needed to learn to crawl without being encumbered by a long dress, so I put them in girl-styled one-pieced outfits...rompers, you might call them. After they learned to walk, I put them in dresses, but for modesty's sake, I covered their legs with knitted leggings or knitted pants or shorts. I also got tired of having to be so careful that my skirt wasn't being caught by a strong wind, or caught tucked in my kid's foot when I picked them up (on and on...you get the idea).

When it comes to modesty, I'd rather be covered. So I now wear women's slacks or pants... and my shirts or blouses aren't tight fitting or low cut. I wouldn't mind going for more of a combo style (haha!) ...pants with a long top that comes down mid-thigh. Idk what it's called, but I will try to find a photo example.

My hair is long (almost to my waist). But I don't wear a covering. I believe my hair was given for a covering. And I don't have tattoos, nor wear earrings, nose rings, or any jewelry at all for that matter (except I did find a little gold chain and cross to wear to my daughter's wedding). And that is mostly because they break me out unless they're pure gold. lol

I wear makeup conservatively, but I often go weeks or months without any at all. I feel that excess isn't necessary. (But all of this would put me in hell according to the group we used to be part of.)

But all of this is part of my personal walk, as I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling. :)

LOL I have to hem all of my skirts/dresses EIGHT inches every time. (Part of being 4'11.) I totally understand tripping over the dress. I have to hand-sew my daughter's clothes. (I can't have a sewing machine here.) The leggings under the skirts is a big help. :D Nothing wrong with slacks!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL I have to hem all of my skirts/dresses EIGHT inches every time. (Part of being 4'11.) I totally understand tripping over the dress. I have to hand-sew my daughter's clothes. (I can't have a sewing machine here.) The leggings under the skirts is a big help. :D Nothing wrong with slacks!
of all the great inventions a sewing machine and a washing machine alleviate the daily grind!.....ohhhh and water at the tap as well.

We could however make a rule against that.....let me see, perhaps we could quote the scripture, 'in the sweat of your brow you shall eat bread' :)......mind you, it's talking about bread....not soup.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of all the great inventions a sewing machine and a washing machine alleviate the daily grind!.....ohhhh and water at the tap as well.

We could however make a rule against that.....let me see, perhaps we could quote the scripture, 'in the sweat of your brow you shall eat bread' :)......mind you, it's talking about bread....not soup.
That gave me a chuckle! lol

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL The children's dresses sold here in the states are so high up and short. (I don't know how it is there.) Most of the time, unless you want to spend $30 on one dress, it's impossible to find an appropriate length. It is just way more affordable for me to spend that same $30 on a different fabrics and make 5-6 dresses to the right the length.

If I had a machine here, my neighbor's would destroy me. :D I'll just sit and listen to a podcast and sew a piece together. If it's a REALLY good podcast, I can finish it in a day or two. Luckily I know some historical sewing (thanks grandma ... and Bernadette Banner) so that's been helpful.

I am making naan (type bread) right now and milk is in the pot for making paneer (cheese). In the process of making palak paneer for dinner. There's sweat everywhere!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That gave me a chuckle! lol
Do you think the 'chuckle' sect-ion would be approved by the 'cackle' sect-ion..... perhaps we could take a vote, I mean it's totally in line with the worshipped 'democracy' !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL The children's dresses sold here in the states are so high up and short. (I don't know how it is there.) Most of the time, unless you want to spend $30 on one dress, it's impossible to find an appropriate length. It is just way more affordable for me to spend that same $30 on a different fabrics and make 5-6 dresses to the right the length.

If I had a machine here, my neighbor's would destroy me. :D I'll just sit and listen to a podcast and sew a piece together. If it's a REALLY good podcast, I can finish it in a day or two. Luckily I know some historical sewing (thanks grandma ... and Bernadette Banner) so that's been helpful.

I am making naan (type bread) right now and milk is in the pot for making paneer (cheese). In the process of making palak paneer for dinner. There's sweat everywhere!
I don't know fluffy....those bread names sound awfully foreign ....you sure they're not from heathen influences. I'd be very careful because you don't want to be disqualified for your slot in the heavenly choir.....I mean, what would you do with your liar....opps, I mean lyre?....whew, its a good thing I don't loose brownie points for typo's. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think Jesus' sense of humour out does ours though.....I mean, what's the getting a coin out of the fishes mouth to pay the tax man about?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember reading in John Eldredge's book 'beautiful Outlaw'....something to the effect of asking God for a sign and everywhere he went he saw heart shapes....in all sorts of places.....the clouds and even in the the Cow pats in the field.....that's gotta be a sense of humour!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know fluffy....those bread names sound awfully foreign ....you sure they're not from heathen influences. I'd be very careful because you don't want to be disqualified for your slot in the heavenly choir.....I mean, what would you do with your liar....opps, I mean lyre?....whew, its a good thing I don't loose brownie points for typo's. :)

Lol! It honestly makes cooking/getting by so much easier. Chickpeas, lentils, rice, a gallon of milk, flour, greek yogurt, and a few basic staples and I can make feasts for a week! I was talking to a gentleman from India about paneer a few years back. He said, "Try whipping cream next time! Trust me." I went and got some whipping cream. Ultra-pasteurized in the US. Wouldn't cheese. lol

Jesus definitely had a sense of humor! It was dry, middle-eastern, but definitely a sense of humor. Sometimes I like to imagine the red text in real life and try to figure out where the wit is. I've read Paul's letters that were not included in the Bible. They wouldn't have been beneficial for scripture. Just daily life, interesting history, but you'd be surprised by the amount of banter going back and forth.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It honestly makes cooking/getting by so much easier. Chickpeas, lentils, rice, a gallon of milk, flour, greek yogurt, and a few basic staples and I can make feasts for a week!
Similarly ...I have often used these same staples, along with quinoa and bone broth ...and various seasonings (garlic, onion, pink Himalayan salt or sea salt, pepper, paprika, etc). I use almond and coconut flours mostly because I eat keto. But I use other types of flour when I cook for the rest of the family.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
righto righto....will you marry me!
LOL ... Umm *blushy blushy* :D:p Haha!

Similarly ...I have often used these same staples, along with quinoa and bone broth ...and various seasonings (garlic, onion, pink Himalayan salt or sea salt, pepper, paprika, etc). I use almond and coconut flours mostly because I eat keto. But I use other types of flour when I cook for the rest of the family.
Yes! I love getting the brown rice and quinoa, mix it up with some olive oil and some salt. Throw on a side of cooked frozen broccoli. It's probably like $0.50 but makes for a good healthy and cheap lunch! Especially with that chili-garlic sauce! That stuff is AWESOME.

Good night my friends . Let us rejoice in the Lord . And may we be doing the things pleasing unto our LORD who has saved us .
Let the Lord be praised . And i encourage us to be reading the holy scriptures and be refreshed .
Let us praise the Lord .

Have a good night, Amigo :D

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol! It honestly makes cooking/getting by so much easier. Chickpeas, lentils, rice, a gallon of milk, flour, greek yogurt, and a few basic staples and I can make feasts for a week! I was talking to a gentleman from India about paneer a few years back. He said, "Try whipping cream next time! Trust me." I went and got some whipping cream. Ultra-pasteurized in the US. Wouldn't cheese. lol

Jesus definitely had a sense of humor! It was dry, middle-eastern, but definitely a sense of humor. Sometimes I like to imagine the red text in real life and try to figure out where the wit is. I've read Paul's letters that were not included in the Bible. They wouldn't have been beneficial for scripture. Just daily life, interesting history, but you'd be surprised by the amount of banter going back and forth.
shucks! did Paul write other letters?....he mustn't of had my mailing address cuz all I get is advertising from the equivalent to Walmart!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
shucks! did Paul write other letters?....he mustn't of had my mailing address cuz all I get is advertising from the equivalent to Walmart!
lol There's claims about whether or not they're real and there's some disputes, but I think a couple of them are real. Either way, I like history, so I think they're interesting. So I wouldn't count it as inspired scripture, but it is historically enlightening. It's just fascinating to look over.

There's not a whole lot there. I think these are the ones:

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Laodiceans

The Epistles of Paul the Apostle to Seneca, with Seneca's to Paul

I have read some of the other removed portions, too. I don't depend on them as scripture but they were helpful to me and gave kind of a different lens. Gospel of Nicodemus, if I remember correctly, talks about Jesus being judged and a lot of the people arrive to tell their story to Pontius Pilate of how he saved them and try to defend his case. If that story is true the name of the woman bleeding who was considered "unclean" for many years would be named Victoria.

Benjamin's story in, I think in The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, is also an interesting read. Whether or not it's real, it gives a completely new perspective and different lens into Joseph's story regarding God's mercy. Very good read.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lol There's claims about whether or not they're real and there's some disputes, but I think a couple of them are real. Either way, I like history, so I think they're interesting. So I wouldn't count it as inspired scripture, but it is historically enlightening. It's just fascinating to look over.

There's not a whole lot there. I think these are the ones:

The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Laodiceans

The Epistles of Paul the Apostle to Seneca, with Seneca's to Paul

I have read some of the other removed portions, too. I don't depend on them as scripture but they were helpful to me and gave kind of a different lens. Gospel of Nicodemus, if I remember correctly, talks about Jesus being judged and a lot of the people arrive to tell their story to Pontius Pilate of how he saved them and try to defend his case. If that story is true the name of the woman bleeding who was considered "unclean" for many years would be named Victoria.

Benjamin's story in, I think in The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, is also an interesting read. Whether or not it's real, it gives a completely new perspective and different lens into Joseph's story regarding God's mercy. Very good read.

Thanks for the links....I'll sit down with a dozen or so beers and check 'em out........ahhhhhh, forget the beers; not a chance of busting a couple of decades of sobriety.