Men, would you have problems being with someone who looks like a Mennonite?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's wonderful to see there are men with values in this day and age.

To all of you men who comment on this thread as relating to a woman's true value ... do you have any input to add to this thread that seems to be in total opposition to what this thread is about? I would love to see some real men of God add some insight (if you will).
God's Favor?

(My apologies if this is wrong...)

It is wrong. One thread is a debate thread about property rights. This thread is not a debate thread and is about a personal journey.

April_Rose was complaining about the mixing of these 2 threads - and understandably so.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is wrong. One thread is a debate thread about property rights. This thread is not a debate thread and is about a personal journey.

April_Rose was complaining about the mixing of these 2 threads - and understandably so.
I must have missed something. I can't find a post in either thread by @April_Rose. Nor one about property rights in this one.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
haven’t read all the post here. I think you are adorable. (From a womans perspective).
I saw a picture of you with your artwork. You were adorable there and here in these photos also. Not saying it is all about outward appearances. Maybe it is a compliment (unless I’ve misunderstood you) being adorable over sexy or sexual? Yet all that aside. you seem to be a generous and thoughtful woman who doesn’t put all the emphasis on the outside, but instead puts emphasis on the heart. Outward beauty fades away ...I’ve given up on face creams to prevent the wrinkles and to prevent aging from doing its thing, everything sagging. Consider what a man sees valuable about you ...is what he sees as valuable in his heart. Does that define your heart?
aw thank you :) I went through two very different extremes as a kid. Mom went to beauty school and back then she looked like a model. There was a lot of "pain is beauty" stuff. The other extreme was me not knowing how to do it myself, living with my dad at times, and being bullied for being too ugly or gross. so I balance it out by knowing my body shape, face shape, right colors for clothes, and good health and some carmex, and antiaging facial massages. I think physical beauty is the same as good health and we overdo it/overaccentuate, and could do just fine on simplicity, spiritual ,and physical health. its less work lol

Reactions: lilygrace

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's wonderful to see there are men with values in this day and age.

To all of you men who comment on this thread as relating to a woman's true value ... do you have any input to add to this thread that seems to be in total opposition to what this thread is about? I would love to see some real men of God add some insight (if you will).
God's Favor?

(My apologies if this is wrong...)
I haven't had a chance to read through all the responses here yet. I will catch up but WOW to that thread. I will hold my tongue. Thats intense. yeah the men here should definitely clear that up. t, I am a complimentarian and even for myself if I say something in response to some of that mess, I will get banned LOL

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye, my paternal grandmother was like that. She usually had her hair in some kind of a bun on top of her head but I remember seeing it after she washed it and was combing it out falling down way below her knees. When her own Pentecostal Holiness church [ @rockytopva ] started easing up on their standards, she having her own convictions never did. She had been a widow for 35 years when she finally died in 1985 just one day short of 96 years old. The long dresses and long hair were no empty show for her. She lived the life. I remember her talking to a stranger on a bus and telling him about Jesus as we traveled from Oklahoma to California. She was one beautiful woman [in the Spirit] who loved God and was never too ashamed to share her testimonies with anyone. [She also baked some tremendous pumpkin pies.] She married my grandfather in 1911 and received the baptism of the Holy Ghost at a camp meeting in Oklahoma in 1913. He was a vaudeville tap dancer when he met her. Quitting that when they came to the Lord, he literally wore out the wooden floors of their home in Oklahoma as he continued his dancing at home before the Lord. He died in 1950.
If I could go back in time sitting in church with the old Pentecostal Holiness Saints would be a priority!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all churches are different even under the same "brand." (I don't know what else to call it.)

The UPC that I went to and my grandmother went to was cultic and abusive. There were people crying constantly for being "shamed." For a lot of other people, too. Other Pentecostal churches, fantastic. Went to a lot of revivals.

On the same note, after I was out of home at 16, I would take myself and walk to a nearby Foursquare Church on occasion. It was super normal.

Went to the Foursquare here, it had a serious problem with counterfeit gifts and I noticed it immediately when the pastor walked by me - had a wound on my head that I had tried to pick off before going and make it less noticeable (gross, I know but ... desperate) but it was obvious that he noticed, so he immediately walked up to the stand thingy and said, "THE LORD SAID TO ME 'SCAB!'" and went on about how we shouldn't pick at our wounds/spiritual wounds and leave them alone. Embarrassing.

They're all going to be different regardless, I suppose.

Reactions: amadeus

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

Just Because....
  1. Natural E/c2 - You were once upon a time physically fit does not mean you are so now.
  2. Intellectual E/c2 - You were once intelligent does not mean you are so now.
  3. Spiritual E/c2 - You were once filled with the Holy Spirit does not mean you are so now.
The light and the energy must be maintained and updated on a daily basis.

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God. - Isaiah 50:10

And to imagine spiritual three extremes....

Light - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)
Flesh - I have heard so akin to the devil it is hard to discern between the two
Darkness z (absolute zero, laziness, coldness) / d (darkness, fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

I am into a movement as long as an appropriate light shines through the believer. I find light, flesh, and darkness can accompany the same mental doctrine. In which case it is important to have good leaders in a church, in which we had at our Pentecostal Holiness church here...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I could go back in time sitting in church with the old Pentecostal Holiness Saints would be a priority!
I remember sitting in a service in my grandmother's Pentecostal Holiness assembly and for the first time ever hearing a person speaking in tongues. For a young Catholic boy it was a whole new experience which no one explained before I had to return home to California where I served actively as an altar boy at mass. Many years would pass before I would begin understand anything about tongues and speak in tongues myself. I really did not at the time have a clue as just how and why Catholics were different than Protestants, especially Pentecostals.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol! Yeah, it was weird at first but really people are nicer and really they automatically feel comfortable talking about God and they usually bring it up! I wasn't introduced to being Anabaptist. I studied like A LOT and old Christianity before it was modernized and by the end of it, I was living what I believed and still didn't know what to say when people asked. discussed it with Mennonites online, presented to them my beliefs, and afterwards and they explained it to me"you're an Anabaptist" lol. actually i am convinced most of you here are too without the covering
Of all the groups i researched, it was the early ana baptists that had it right .
Of course they had some bad seeds like munster and etc .
But i saw that some of them had it spot on like the early church . Yes indeed .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even many of the reformers had fallen short of taking it back to the original beginning .
but the ana baptists , the early ones , had it right on . some of them sure did .
But as always the world can creep in . They were big on evangelizing as well .
Simple folks who served the LORD .

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even many of the reformers had fallen short of taking it back to the original beginning .
but the ana baptists , the early ones , had it right on . some of them sure did .
But as always the world can creep in . They were big on evangelizing as well .
Simple folks who served the LORD .
I attended a Free Will Baptist church while going to college. One evening we had a footwashing / communion service. Having never been to one my flesh fought me all the way to church that night. During the service there was such tears and shouting, wow! They would pray over you as they washed the feet and it was really a dramatic sight. It is really done decent and there is such a clean spiritual sensation afterwards as I cannot describe.

I had a girl hired at my workplace with a Freewill Baptist church shirt on. I told her she was the first Freewill Baptist church member I have met since college. She said that she was looking for a good church. I told her there were no churches that observed the ordinance of foot washing here and that the people have became annoyingly arrogant. We both agreed that bringing the ordinance of foot washing to some of these modern day refrigerators would probably do a lot of people good. The humility would be a great asset!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where many of these sects go wrong is inserting opinion as "thus saith the Lord" and demanding everyone abide by strange rules such as what kind of buttons or the shape of a beard or the color of clothing, etc., and thus, ruling out any working out one's own salvation before the Lord with fear and trembling.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I attended a Free Will Baptist church while going to college. One evening we had a footwashing / communion service. Having never been to one my flesh fought me all the way to church that night. During the service there was such tears and shouting, wow! They would pray over you as they washed the feet and it was really a dramatic sight. It is really done decent and there is such a clean spiritual sensation afterwards as I cannot describe.

I had a girl hired at my workplace with a Freewill Baptist church shirt on. I told her she was the first Freewill Baptist church member I have met since college. She said that she was looking for a good church. I told her there were no churches that observed the ordinance of foot washing here and that the people have became annoyingly arrogant. We both agreed that bringing the ordinance of foot washing to some of these modern day refrigerators would probably do a lot of people good. The humility would be a great asset!
What is a free will baptist church .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where many of these sects go wrong is inserting opinion as "thus saith the Lord" and demanding everyone abide by strange rules such as what kind of buttons or the shape of a beard or the color of clothing, etc., and thus, ruling out any working out one's own salvation before the Lord with fear and trembling.
Some of the early anabaptists did not do such things .
To me , so long as the clothes are not revealing , seductive etc , that should be just fine .
Now i know later some would begin to do such things . They wore no buttons on coats , for a reason . If i recall
it had to do with military , and they wanted no part of that type of clothing .
Which is okay . Just dont condemn one who does wear buttons etc . That is where the problems begin .
But yeah , clothes are just clothing . so long , as i said earlier , they are not seductive and revealing to the eye . If you know what i mean .