Mental Disorder of LGBT: Analysis - Spiritual, Political and Scientific

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straw man
the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction.
No. Discernment is understanding. Discrimination is a much finer point.
Actually you are the one engaging in a strawman fallacy here. You know that the discriminaton being discussed is the prejudicial or disadvantageous treatment of an individual based on his or her membership - or perceived membership - in of a minority and not the recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.

If I said I need to get a new battery for my mouse are you really foolish enough to argue that i am talking about one of these?
1690577857668.jpeg

Sin must be discriminated against.
But not people
Post-modernism has hijacked the English language so that nearly everything that doesn't affirm sin is called "evil."
Irony alert

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction.

Actually you are the one engaging in a strawman fallacy here. You know that the discriminaton being discussed is the prejudicial or disadvantageous treatment of an individual based on his or her membership - or perceived membership - in of a minority and not the recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.

If I said I need to get a new battery for my mouse are you really foolish enough to argue that i am talking about one of these?
View attachment 35014

But not people

Irony alert
"I know you are but what am I" alert

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess a catchphrase is easier than actually responding.
You, fellow "Christian," don't respond all the time but invoke a variant of the 3 bullet points, false categorizing our love for sexual sinners as hate.

Not an answer to my question. GIVEN, that homosexuals will not inherit God's kingdom, can you understand that a loving Christian would want everyone to inherent God’s kingdom?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not so sure hate the sin not the sinner is a good statement.

If you hate the sin, (as in fierce anger) youre more than likely gonna hate the sinner.

Its almost like being racist.

Similar to saying;

Oh your not the same as me, nor a christian? Let me look down at you, or tell you are going straight to hell. Because im superior…

Ignorance, and anthetical to agape love.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wrangler,

I am. Thank you for the link, I am not interested.

If you hate the sin, (as in fierce anger) youre more than likely gonna hate the sinner.

Similar to saying;

Oh your not the same as me, nor a christian? Let me look down at you, or tell you are going straight to hell. Because im superior…

Peace be with you,
Matthew

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Similar to saying;

I do think you're onto something. You exhibit a very interesting, observational mind. :)

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe it's nitpicking, I dunno, but do you think sins that resulted in death by stoning were unforgivable? Could it actually be that everyone who suffered fatal punishment under the ancient Hebrew theocracy also forfeited eternal life?

Some will think me presumptuous to say this, but I have a hard time believing that Uzzah will be lost for spontaneously and reactively trying to prevent the ark of the covenant from being soiled by falling to the ground. He may have been disqualified for eternal life under some other circumstances, but I just believe that mortal punishment under the old covenant, so to speak, should be seen as mostly figurative of perishing as per John 3:16. :)
Well in the OT they did not have the blood of Jesus, they had to sacrifice animals and they sometimes died for their disobedience, I guess you could debate they were unforgivable in the OT.

I believe along the line God saw that mankind were increasingly unable to keep the law and obey his commands, so He sent Jesus to wash the sins away of those who are willing to believe, repent and accept him as their Lord and Saviour.

Interestingly though Ananias and Sapphirra dropped dead in Acts, perhaps a discussion for another thread though.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being homosexual can probably be learned or inherited. Neither is good in God's eyes. It's unhealthy to be homosexual mentally and physically.

• Love

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, fellow "Christian," don't respond all the time but invoke a variant of the 3 bullet points, false categorizing our love for sexual sinners as hate.
How is discrimination, false witness, and dehumanizing attacks love?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in the OT they did not have the blood of Jesus,

they had to sacrifice animals and they sometimes died for their disobedience

I guess you could debate they were unforgivable in the OT.

I believe along the line God saw that mankind were increasingly unable to keep the law and obey his commands

so He sent Jesus to wash the sins away of those who are willing to believe, repent and accept him as their Lord and Saviour.

Interestingly though Ananias and Sapphirra dropped dead in Acts, perhaps a discussion for another thread though.

It is very interesting, but the story seems to indicate that their persistence in greed constituted the culmination of the unpardonable sin.

It is very unfortunate that the dispensationalist view of Scripture was able to take such firm hold at the turn of the 20th century, that the beautiful historic view of all Scripture as being representative of the life history of any single soul has been snuffed out to such a degree as it has.

God has and has always had only one way of saving mankind.

The Lamb of God takes away the sin of the world for all time.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And decades of looking for evidence of this has turned up nothing. That itself might be a lesson.

Evidence?

• "Prove it!"

From the highest scientific authority in the universe:

a depraved
ἀδόκιμον (adokimon)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 96: Failing to pass the test, unapproved, counterfeit. By implication, worthless.

mind,
νοῦν (noun)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3563: Probably from the base of ginosko; the intellect, i.e. Mind; by implication, meaning.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • "Prove it!"

From the highest scientific authority in the universe:

a depraved
ἀδόκιμον (adokimon)
Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 96: Failing to pass the test, unapproved, counterfeit. By implication, worthless.

mind,
νοῦν (noun)
Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular
Strong's 3563: Probably from the base of ginosko; the intellect, i.e. Mind; by implication, meaning.
"Yes, I do ask for evidence to back up claims.
I rarely get any."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being homosexual can probably be learned or inherited.

And decades of looking for evidence of this has turned up nothing.

I do have intimate personal knowledge of an immediate family member who was emotionally manipulated into believing he was homosexual, and finally came to his senses. In the process of clearing this up, we discovered that it happens all the time. I've also been privy to similar occurrences of this among extended family members.

And that's all the evidence I need.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarneyFife

People just hate people... because of what they do.

It's a disease, and the only solution for the hate is love... and that only comes from the true solution.

Yeshua.

• Love