Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is NOT Almighty YHWH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Would you say that you must accuse trinitarians of idolatry, worshipping a false God (Jesus)?
If Yeshua's Father is the "only true God" as per Yeshua's words, but people worship Yeshua as though he is the only true God and worship him as though he is YHWH, I would call that idolatry. It is a Scriptural fact that Yeshua has a God, not only while he was in the flesh, but also in his glorified state. It is Yeshua's God who must be worshiped as the only true God. To worship any other as such is idolatry. However, Yeshua/Jesus is not a "false God". He is a true elohim, but not the only true Elohim. I do not believe the word "God" with a capital "G" should be used of anyone other than YHWH. Then we would have two Gods.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Then you are not making any sense.

You can't have it both ways. Either Jesus is "I am" (God), or He is not. Either you believe Him and what is written of Him, or you do not. You say He is your Lord. Is your Lord a liar?

...But here you say He is ("I am", meaning God) after saying He is not.

Like I said, you're not making any sense.
You are simply misunderstanding me. Yeshua is NOT the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14. That is a Scriptural fact. YHWH [God] is the great "I AM".

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The one who called Himself "I AM" in Exodus 3:14 also said the following;

Exo 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, YHWH God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.​

The "I AM" is declaring Himself to be the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Keep that in mind as you read Acts 3:13;

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Yeshua; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Yeshua is the SON of the great I AM. The great I AM glorified His Son.

These passages also show a clear distinction between YHWH and Yeshua. For anyone to say something like, "Jesus is YHWH" or "Jesus is the I AM" or "Jesus is the God of Israel" is unscriptural to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply misunderstanding me. Yeshua is NOT the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14. That is a Scriptural fact. YHWH [God] is the great "I AM".
As I said, Jesus said He was "I am" - you [again] say He is not...meaning that you consider Him to be a liar.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who called Himself "I AM" in Exodus 3:14 also said the following;

Exo 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, YHWH God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.​

The "I AM" is declaring Himself to be the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Keep that in mind as you read Acts 3:13;

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Yeshua; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Yeshua is the SON of the great I AM. The great I AM glorified His Son.

These passages also show a clear distinction between YHWH and Yeshua. For anyone to say something like, "Jesus is YHWH" or "Jesus is the I AM" or "Jesus is the God of Israel" is unscriptural to put it mildly.
No...the only "clear distinction" is in your presenting of these passages, which shows your lack of understanding as to just what a son of God is, and for that matter, all that is in the world.

"God with us" (Emanuel), does not indicate two separate Gods, but One. What God has joined together, you attempt to tear asunder. There is a term for that. You make the Son an impostor, an antichrist. And there is only one who does such.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
As I said, Jesus said He was "I am" - you [again] say He is not...meaning that you consider Him to be a liar.
I never said Yeshua is not "I am". I said he is not the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14 and I proved it Scripturally. Yes, Yeshua said, "I am ..." several times. Not once did he say he was the "I AM". I do not consider him to be a liar. I consider those who say he is the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14 to either be liars or sadly deceived.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
No...the only "clear distinction" is in your presenting of these passages, which shows your lack of understanding as to just what a son of God is, and for that matter, all that is in the world.
So why aren't you helping me to understand by presenting your Scriptural case against what I presented? Your own words are certainly not going to correct me.

"God with us" (Emanuel), does not indicate two separate Gods, but One. What God has joined together, you attempt to tear asunder. There is a term for that. You make the Son an impostor, an antichrist. And there is only one who does such.
"Emmanuel" teaches us there is one "El/God" and that He was with "us". It does NOT teach us Yeshua is that El. "El" refers to Yeshua's Father YHWH.

That name is to be understood in the light of Acts 10:38 and 2 Corinthians 5:19;

"How God [El - YHWH] anointed Yeshua of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God [EL - YHWH] was with him."

To wit, that God [EL - YHWH] was in Messiah, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Not that Yeshua was El, but that El was with and in Yeshua. Since Yeshua was with us while El was with a Him, then El was with us as well.

If you choose to use the logic of those in error, then consider the name Jehu. In Hebrew, this name means "He is Yah" or "Yah is He." Does that mean the man Jehu is, in reality, YHWH?

Instead of attacking me personally and attributing all manner of evil to me, why don't you present your Scriptural case that Yeshua is YHWH?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

No HE does not, of Course Christ can say, Before Abraham was, I am, because He is Gods word, and Gods Word was and is always with Him, Jesus never lied, and He never claimed to be God, He always spoke the truth, He came to do His fathers works, not His own, If He was God they would of being His works.

But

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Ye HE does go in with all the religious stuff, but He is right on this point.

See this bit

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

They where all as one in purpose, see what they did. Jesus God and the Holy Spirit are all as one, Wish we where.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No HE does not, of Course Christ can say, Before Abraham was, I am, because He is Gods word, and Gods Word was and is always with Him, Jesus never lied, and He never claimed to be God, He always spoke the truth, He came to do His fathers works, not His own, If He was God they would of being His works.

But

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Ye HE does go in with all the religious stuff, but He is right on this point.

See this bit

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

They where all as one in purpose, see what they did. Jesus God and the Holy Spirit are all as one, Wish we where.
This is all relative to the Trinity doctrine, which is true but misunderstood, and tends to create more mystery than is actually there, suggesting that God is not One but three. Nonetheless, attributes and offices do not make God any less One...and the further one goes in defining them as "distinct", the further one goes away from the Truth.

"God with us"...is God. But all that is in the world is a mere "image", "a Light shining into darkness", and not to be made into gods separate from the One True God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said Yeshua is not "I am". I said he is not the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14 and I proved it Scripturally. Yes, Yeshua said, "I am ..." several times. Not once did he say he was the "I AM". I do not consider him to be a liar. I consider those who say he is the "I AM" of Exodus 3:14 to either be liars or sadly deceived.
Now you are splitting [God's] hairs.

So why aren't you helping me to understand by presenting your Scriptural case against what I presented? Your own words are certainly not going to correct me.

"Emmanuel" teaches us there is one "El/God" and that He was with "us". It does NOT teach us Yeshua is that El. "El" refers to Yeshua's Father YHWH.

That name is to be understood in the light of Acts 10:38 and 2 Corinthians 5:19;

"How God [El - YHWH] anointed Yeshua of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God [EL - YHWH] was with him."

To wit, that God [EL - YHWH] was in Messiah, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Not that Yeshua was El, but that El was with and in Yeshua. Since Yeshua was with us while El was with a Him, then El was with us as well.

If you choose to use the logic of those in error, then consider the name Jehu. In Hebrew, this name means "He is Yah" or "Yah is He." Does that mean the man Jehu is, in reality, YHWH?

Instead of attacking me personally and attributing all manner of evil to me, why don't you present your Scriptural case that Yeshua is YHWH?
Again, you are separating God from Himself into two, when if He were in you, you would be calling Him One, as He is.

Furthermore, sighting the truth of His lowering Himself (as in the giving of His only son) does not make Him less God, but merciful and Almighty. Only God has power over life and death. These things are true with or without me presenting the scriptures to you.

So...there is no "God with us" other than the One true God and no dividing the Way, the Truth, and the Life from God, except in word, no matter how you interpret the confounded language.

"Woe unto you lawyers!"

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ...I don't like to intrude with your on-going discussion, although I just have one question. Where in scripture does it say that God 'lowered himself?' I've heard this said before.

Thanks

Bless you,

APAK

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I understand your position ScottA. You have no Scripture to refute the OP so all I get from you is philosophy. BTW, this thread is not about the trinity or deity of Messiah. It is about whether or not Yeshua is YHWH, or, in other words, whether or not the Son is the Father. It is a Scriptural fact that the Son is Yeshua and the Father is YHWH (Psalm 2:7, etc.). So if one says, "Yeshua is YHWH", he is really saying "Yeshua is his own Father and the Father is His own Son"! I, for one, will not allow such foolishness to corrupt my worship of my Heavenly Father or my faith in His Son.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ...I don't like to intrude with your on-going discussion, although I just have one question. Where in scripture does it say that God 'lowered himself?' I've heard this said before.

Thanks

Bless you,

APAK
Philippians 2:5-11
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond servant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

...This is the premise in summary. But it should be known that we cannot call God One, and also call Him more than one. Which is not to contradict the teachings of the Trinity or the many Names of God, but rather to reconcile every word. Thus, Light shining into darkness is One Light, not one light that is greater and one that is less, both of which are God - no, the lessor is Satan, not Christ: "The greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is much confusion concerning who Messiah Yeshua is. Some say he is the Son of God, others say he was God himself. Some say he is our Heavenly Father, others say he was our Heavenly Father’s Son. Some say he is Almighty YHWH, others say he is Almighty YHWH’s Son. The purpose of this thread is to teach the latter; that Messiah Yeshua is the Son of Almighty YHWH, not YHWH himself.

YAWN...here we go again...we have had so many threads on this subject.

Why on earth is it so important to you ?
Why must it be discussed one more time...?

Can you not post some good news, something "that is"... Something positive to say?
Some people get a kick out of posting what they are against, rather than what they stand for.
I can see why your avatar says "other Faith". :rolleyes:

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your position ScottA. You have no Scripture to refute the OP so all I get from you is philosophy. BTW, this thread is not about the trinity or deity of Messiah. It is about whether or not Yeshua is YHWH, or, in other words, whether or not the Son is the Father. It is a Scriptural fact that the Son is Yeshua and the Father is YHWH (Psalm 2:7, etc.). So if one says, "Yeshua is YHWH", he is really saying "Yeshua is his own Father and the Father is His own Son"! I, for one, will not allow such foolishness to corrupt my worship of my Heavenly Father or my faith in His Son.
Such a position is not worshiping in spirit and in truth, but rather the result of wordsmithing without spiritual discernment.

I have given you the scriptures...but you have not even discerned that much.

But for those who have an ear to hear what the Spirit says, there is no dividing the light of God that shines into this present darkness. If you want to point out individual strengths and give them names...it has already been done. But God is One, and the so-called differences are not a son being his own father, etc., but God being "all in all."

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
YAWN...here we go again...we have had so many threads on this subject.

Why on earth is it so important to you ?
Why must it be discussed one more time...?

Can you not post some good news, something "that is"... Something positive to say?
Some people get a kick out of posting what they are against, rather than what they stand for.
I can see why your avatar says "other Faith". :rolleyes:
I was not aware that there were past threads on this particular subject. Threads on the trinity or deity of Christ are different.

It is important to me because it grieves my heart to see my brothers and sisters deceived into committing idolatry.

It is deceived Christians that shut up Christianity to non-trinitarians causing people like me to be forced to write, "Other Faith" since they teach one cannot be a Christian unless one is a trinitarian.

This is not the time for feel good posts that tickle people's ears. The end is drawing near and the church is so corrupted it is shameful. I do what I can to teach the truth and pray that the Holy Spirit will open blind eyes.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:5-11
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond servant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

...This is the premise in summary. But it should be known that we cannot call God One, and also call Him more than one. Which is not to contradict the teachings of the Trinity or the many Names of God, but rather to reconcile every word. Thus, Light shining into darkness is One Light, not one light that is greater and one that is less, both of which are God - no, the lessor is Satan, not Christ: "The greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night."

ScottA: I gather then there is no scripture where God said he 'lowered himself.' I read the Trinity mystery faith mixed in your interpretation of this scripture - Phil 2:5-11. It is not a correct interpretation by far. I just want you to see a different an a non-trinity view.

Look at the context first. It is about a believer having the same mental attitude and sense of humility and yielding mind of Christ as Christ had and has today with his Father. This has to be understood first!

Read verses 1 through 11 carefully - it speaks of what Christ wants us to be like, a form of Christ and of course not being Christ himself as Christ is a form of God and not being God himself. This must be understood!

(Php 2:1) So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
(Php 2:2) complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
(Php 2:3) Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
(Php 2:4) Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
(Php 2:5) Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

(Php 2:6) who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
(Php 2:7) but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
(Php 2:8) And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
(Php 2:9) Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
(Php 2:10) so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
(Php 2:11) and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (ALL ESV)

The focus of this passage (2:1-5) is about a believer having the mind of Christ given by the spirit of God.

The focus of this passage (2:6-11) is about Christ, who had/has the mind of God and never once took credit that it was his own mind and power performing the miracles and words that God spoke though Jesus.

In verse 6 it is worth noting that if someone was already God as many say Jesus was, then he would not grasp equality of being God again – makes no sense. Why grasp for something you already possess? Sounds quite odd and something to consider seriously.

So, Jesus did not consider himself to be equal with God just because he spoke, acted and performed miracles, because God his Father caused all of it. Jesus stayed humble as a servant throughout and allowed his Father to work through his mind and body, and again without Jesus taking any credit for any of it. He gave all the credit to his Father and our Father as he was obedient throughout.

God gave him a glory higher that any creation in heaven and on earth so that all must honor and bow to him as our Lord that is the glory of God.

Now for a little technical stuff…
Php 2:6 -8

The word ‘form’ is in Greek ‘morphe’ this word means ‘outer’ appearance, likeness, or image and not inner nature. If Jesus was meant to be mean God, there would be no need to ‘beat around the bush’ and say, ‘a form of.’ As we are ‘a form’ of Christ in mind, although we are not Christ (see verses 1-5). So if we have the mind of Christ are we to grasp and take credit for having the mind of Christ?

Jesus would have clearly stated he was God in the flesh.

Now the Greek word ‘morphe’ is usually interchangeable with the Greek word ‘schema’ for the English word ‘external appearance.’ There is no hint of ‘inner nature’ here.

It is good to find another verse describing Jesus and his outward appearance.

Look at Mark 16:12-13

(Mar 16:12) After these things he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country.
(Mar 16:13) And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them. (ALL ESV)

We see in verse 12 that the Greek word ‘morphe’ is used to indicate the change in Jesus’ outward appearance. Jesus did not change his ‘inner nature’ in front of these two apostles. He had a changed appearance and the apostle did not recognize him at first. Luke tells this story in full.

Even when the Jews translated the Septuagint and the RCC sanctioned Apocrypha, from Greek into Hebrew they always translated, ‘morphe’ as ‘outer appearance’ and never inner nature.

We can understand that ‘a form of’ or ‘an image of’ is not the genuine article, right? Jesus was not intended to be called God here. He and his Father worked as the same mind, although they we still different...cannot make it any clearer.

ScottA..I don't know what you mean about the 'lights and darkness' text at the end of your post.

Bless you,

APAK

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have given you the scriptures...but you have not even discerned that much.
I just went back through all your posts. You have not cited one Scripture reference, but you did mention "Emmanuel" and vaguely "I am", both of which were entirely refuted with Scripture.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was not aware that there were past threads on this particular subject. Threads on the trinity or deity of Christ are different.

It is important to me because it grieves my heart to see my brothers and sisters deceived into committing idolatry.

It is deceived Christians that shut up Christianity to non-trinitarians causing people like me to be forced to write, "Other Faith" since they teach one cannot be a Christian unless one is a trinitarian.

This is not the time for feel good posts that tickle people's ears. The end is drawing near and the church is so corrupted it is shameful. I do what I can to teach the truth and pray that the Holy Spirit will open blind eyes.

It is not a beach to die on.
I see no place in God's word where He tells us that we are in big trouble if we don't have perfect doctrine.

When Paul in Acts found them "worshiping the unknown god"...He did not rebuke them by saying ... You are in idolatry..therefore this or that will happen to you.

He just showed them who their unknown was was!!

You are straining at a gnat but swallowing a camel.
Your argument here does not phase God one bit...it is hearts that He looks at.
A true heart running after Him ...all this twaddle about Who is Who and who isn't Who...is nothing but a distraction and rabbit hole...give us something to do, but gets us no where in the Spirit.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ScottA: I gather then there is no scripture where God said he 'lowered himself.' I read the Trinity mystery faith mixed in your interpretation of this scripture - Phil 2:5-11. It is not a correct interpretation by far. I just want you to see a different an a non-trinity view.

APAK, I count you as one of my friends on this Site. :)

So tell me...does anyone's view or trinity or non-trinity change your or my position in the Kingdom one iota?
What I don't understand here is why some people believe that all this is so critical to our overall salvation or future position.
As if the one who dot's all the i's and crosses all the T's wins some brownie point competition!!
Do you guys believe that God is so protective of His position as Almighty God, that if someone believes that Jesus is also God the Father...that it would some how deplete Almighty God's position?
Sorry I do not..I don't believe He could give a fig...but He is looking for the fruit of love. That is a different story.

Bless you my friend...Helen