Metacommunication

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Meanings, from Wiktionary:

metacommunication (plural metacommunications)
  1. Communication or discussion, especially involving academic analysis, about communication itself.
  2. Communication which is implicit and not expressed in words.

Since we don't have much of the second meaning we can do with an internet forum, where communication is the sterile written word, I'm happy to discuss the first, how we write, and what we actually convey by the things we've written.

For instance . . .

Is there a difference in saying:

I disagree with you.

. . . and . . .

I disagree with you, you dunderhead!

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1. Communication or discussion, especially involving academic analysis, about communication itself.

Since we don't have much of the second meaning we can do with an internet forum, where communication is the sterile written word, I'm happy to discuss the first, how we write, and what we actually convey by the things we've written.

For instance . . .

I disagree with you.

. . . and . . .

Much love!
Mark

Yes, one is polite, one is with 'feeling' and a putdown !! :D

Reactions: Nancy

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. ...
Since we don't have much of the second meaning we can do with an internet forum,...
Which is very unfortunate, as the greatest teaching of Christ (imo) was His silence when accused and during His sufferings. As a certain wise man said:

The gentlest thing in the world overcomes the hardest thing in the world. That which has no substance enters where there is no space. This shows the value of non-action. Teaching without words, performing without actions: that is the Master’s way.​

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For instance . . .

I disagree with you.

. . . and . . .

Much love!
Mark

This could get very complicated.

A simple example is how we communicated in intelligence.

One way was saying such as QRT Alpha or ZAG Detla 475 And five letter code groups. And hand signals. Or ieieie.....

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a certain wise man said:

The gentlest thing in the world overcomes the hardest thing in the world. That which has no substance enters where there is no space. This shows the value of non-action. Teaching without words, performing without actions: that is the Master’s way.​

Thank you..I love that :)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is very unfortunate, as the greatest teaching of Christ (imo) was His silence when accused and during His sufferings. As a certain wise man said:

According to Taoist Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching.

This religious and philosophical tradition of Taoism had its roots in the nature worship and divination of the earliest Chinese people.
https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/Chinese_Customs/taoism.htm

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Taoist Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching.
Indeed! Very much like Heraclitus' philosophy about the Logos, which comes very close in describing Christ, hence the use by St John the Evangelist, Tao is the word of choice when translating Logos into Chinese: "In the beginning was the Tao..."

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
..and they can be very wise..Christian could learn something....which mahatma gandhi showed us..and spoke of his disappointment in "christianity".

Christianity today is nothing like the "christianity" of Jesus Christ..He must weep. :oops:

We fall far short...

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and icxn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, fwiw I don't think the Euphrates drying up to make way for the kings of the east has anything to do with moving soldiers around!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed! Very much like Heraclitus' philosophy about the Logos, which comes very close in describing Christ, hence the use by St John the Evangelist, Tao is the word of choice when translating Logos into Chinese: "In the beginning was the Tao..."

Logos is the second person of the Trinity who took on the flesh of Christ but was not Christ.

Christians do not accept toaism.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...but Jesus will always accept a heart that beats in harmony with His heart..and maybe worships 'the unknown God '

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..and they can be very wise..Christian could learn something....which mahatma gandhi showed us..and spoke of his disappointment in "christianity".

Christianity today is nothing like the "christianity" of Jesus Christ..He must weep. :oops:

We fall far short...

If they are so wise why are the Christian?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today there is no boasting in calling ourselves "Christian"...
To the world it has become a dirty word...but NOT for the same reasons as the apostles.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Amen
Logos is the second person of the Trinity who took on the flesh of Christ but was not Christ.

Christians do not accept toaism.
No persons in God, Roman, I guess I need to go dig up the verse.
And Christians better be contemplating Dao lol, lots of Christians Read Dao btw,
so no offense but you don't even know what you're making irrevocable declarations about, ok

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today there is no boasting in calling ourselves "Christian"...
To the world it has become a dirty word...but NOT for the same reasons as the apostles.

I wasn't talking about boasting. I was talking about wisdom.

Where will the christian be an eternity? Where will the Taoist?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Numbers 23:19 Lexicon: "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

God is not a person, God does not have a soul, there is no Old Man with a long white beard sitting on a throne, no one to ask questions to or get direct answers from over tea, if you have seen Me you have seen the Father, and anyone telling you about persons in God is leading you to hell ok. They are deceived.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wasn't talking about boasting. I was talking about wisdom.

Where will the christian be an eternity? Where will the Taoist?

At the rate christianity is going in this day and age ...probably the very same place!!!! :D

"...and few there be who find it..."