Michigan shooting, parents arrested

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn’t really want the thread to be a debate about guns and whether they are right or wrong, the OP is about whether or not parents should be held to account for the actions of their children…..in this case involving a gun.
The gun debate will always go on and on ……..
Do you think this will change the decisions parents make with regards to what they allow their children to have, does it make a difference if you know that you could personally be held to account…..that’s the kind of thing I was wanting the discussion to lead to……
Do you agree that these parents are being used as an example to bring about some kind of change ?
Why have no other parents been held to account before when there have been mass shootings and the guns have come from the parents house, is it linked more to what Apak said in post 23……..

I personally don’t think the parents should lose their freedom at all……..
I believe it’s very difficult to hold parents responsible for the actions of their teenage children, although a question is raised as to whether he would have acted on his thoughts had he not been given his own gun, would he have found another one ………
@Rita I know a preacher whose wife bought him a rifle; or was it that he bought her a rifle...?

Maybe uncommon in England but less so in North America...