Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't they "take authority" over malaria or the common cold?
?
Why?
Remember the Panama Canal? The first engineer failed, because of yellow fever and malaria.
The second engineer succeeded by first eliminating yellow fever and malaria (without drugs).

What is the (one of the) oldest (about 200 years) in the USA remedy for the common cold/ flu/ sinus troubles / allergies ?
If you find out some day,
you don't have to look for someone to "take authority" over them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep calm and take the blue pill... :)

I don't believe in commanding things. Too much the "name it and claim it" Hindu mind control stuff. But nothing to stop me requesting God to command it to stop, when it is His will to stop it.

"Be not unwise, but understanding what the will of God is" (Ephesians 5:17).

"Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus
" (Philippans 4:6-7).

I am holding on to Psalm 91 as my security umbrella:
"He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you"

(4-7).
Give God the glory!

R

Rita

Reading this thread is quite revealing...... why just take authority over the virus in america - it was in so many other countries before it reached your shores, is it more a case that suddenly the every day American Christian suddenly feels threatened by something ,so it is fear that motivates the prayer. Such an insular prayer to pray, and it presumes that God has no purpose behind all that is happening - don’t get me wrong I am not saying it is not right to pray, but sometimes what we pray ,how we pray, and who we pray for is very revealing xx
I can only relay this because this is exactly what I desired to pray when the virus came just around the corner from where I worked - I was challenged to consider why I had not cared to pray for the people of China when it began to affect them ! ( just in case no I am sitting in some ivory tower thinking I am better than anyone else )
God allows things to test and teach us, perhaps the best thing to pray for is ‘ Lord what do you want us to see ‘ ............
Just a thought xx
Rita

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so this op was opened on Mar 12. Since that time (Almost 30 days go)

we went from 1645 cases on march 12, to 401,166 today
and from 41 total deaths on March 12 to 12,936

which means since these prayers went up.

399,521 people have been confirmed positive for the virus

and 12,895 people have died from this virus.

hmmmm

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes it is marvellous how God responds to arrogant prayers from people who love to tell God what to do, or assume His Power.

He responds to them by remaining silent and wait for their repentance for do so.

R

Rita

I use to watch Kenneth Copeland, oh years ago before I really understood prosperity Christianity - but watching that was a bit creepy- the thing I don’t understand is that revelations reveals that these things will come, that they are revealed as being part of the end time battles ect, and that we are not to fear them ( which is hard to do at times ) because we know they are predicted and all part of a much bigger plan, so why are so many Christians endeavouring to stop these things from unfolding - is that not going against what the Lord has already proclaimed would happen ? Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying we should not pray, but the video and op passage do seem the wrong kinds of prayers to me
Rita

Reactions: Giuliano

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mockers and scoffers pay a very high price as they dare and even ask for early judgment!!
Really, I mean really.
A virus from an animal in an illegal food market, is a spiritual issue which is clearly the enemy.

Let me connect some dots. Privilege, wealth, gluttony, arrogance has now been judged. Those old, sloughful, protected will be cut down, their security undermined, their foundations like sand.

If obesity is the weak link and a whole nation 50% sitting there like a target what happens when they fall?
God is calling, where truly is your heart? What really is justice?

I weep for those to whom the door is opened and only weeping and gnashing of teeth remain. Come to Christ, repent and make your peace before it is too late.

God bless you. May His light and love come to our hearts and make us new in Him, amen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God brought about delusion of those who claim to see and yet are blind, who claim authority yet have none.

I would love to believe God will spare all, but judgement comes at its right time, and some will be called home, while others cut down in their arrogance. How many aged posers will be left? Do they have any fear or calling to sack cloth and ashes that the Lord might spare us?

My daughter is working on the front line in ICU, she is broken hearted seeing waves of people dying with no treatment to hand. We need God's mercy, we need His love and grace, we need weeping and mourning that is rising from many homes to be calmed.

Dear Lord have mercy on the blind lost sinners who rush in to their doom, grant your light to shine, your love to be made plain, and what matters shine to eternity, Amen.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mockers and scoffers pay a very high price as they dare and even ask for early judgment!!

On a forum, there was a member who opposed loving all from the heart. They felt this expression of love was what lead to cults and the suicides at Jonestown etc. They believed they were secure in Jesus because of the promises, not because of their response or their walk that showed the fruit of love and the Holy Spirit working within.

They were home in the US to get treatment for prostate cancer. I warned them of all the contributors they were most likely going to meet the Lord before any of the others. This warning did not bring doubt or even humbleness or repentance, just arrogance and telling me time and again I was sharing an anti-Christ message. Sadly when the message is love and loyalty to a leader with no boundaries or morality, that is not Jesus's gospel. It is not exploitation of the vulnerable or abuse of position, it is healing of the heart, sacrifice and service to the needs of others, and a focus on how we can bring the Kingdom of heaven to earth in words and actions.

They have gone to meet their maker, still never understanding love from the heart. They have paid a high price for arrogance, claiming to know Jesus yet not beginning to have an open loving heart. When judgement arises, as surely this virus is, our response tells so much about who we are.

The Lord warned me of the pain and grief that was coming, and that has humbled and made me wondering, for I do not take pain easily, and I am weak and fragile as we all are. In His grace, He has given us a time to prepare and know. Listen to Jesus

18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe."
19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath.
Rev 14:18-19

Lord have mercy that this day has not yet come, and still we find favour and blessing under His almighty hand, Amen.
Forgive us dear Lord for our arrogance and presumption, for our sinful thoughts and desires, for our self indulgences and blindness to the needs of others and the things we need to do. Help us to see how we can minister and help those around, to see life is a fleeting bloom of a flower in the field which we should respect and hold precious, one to another, Amen.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to watch Kenneth Copeland, oh years ago before I really understood prosperity Christianity - but watching that was a bit creepy- the thing I don’t understand is that revelations reveals that these things will come, that they are revealed as being part of the end time battles ect, and that we are not to fear them ( which is hard to do at times ) because we know they are predicted and all part of a much bigger plan, so why are so many Christians endeavouring to stop these things from unfolding - is that not going against what the Lord has already proclaimed would happen ? Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying we should not pray, but the video and op passage do seem the wrong kinds of prayers to me
Rita
He looked crazy to me, maybe possessed or something.

Praying? Why do people put off praying until disaster strikes? Why aren't we praying for the good that does exist to be preserved and for the evil to be decreased? Some disasters could be avoided.

R

Rita

He looked crazy to me, maybe possessed or something.

Praying? Why do people put off praying until disaster strikes? Why aren't we praying for the good that does exist to be preserved and for the evil to be decreased? Some disasters could be avoided.
Yes, I have often wondered why people pray for people who have already been killed in a disaster. I understand praying for their families. I do think we pray but I do see what you mean , how do we truly know what has been averted by our prayers, or the prayer of others- we cannot actually know x
Rita

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have often wondered why people pray for people who have already been killed in a disaster. I understand praying for their families. I do think we pray but I do see what you mean , how do we truly know what has been averted by our prayers, or the prayer of others- we cannot actually know x
Rita
You made me smile. If we don't know how effective our prayers were, we can't brag about them. That in itself may be a blessing.

I heard once about a synagogue being attacked in northern Africa. It so confused me, I said half-accusingly and half-confused, "God, why did you let that happen?" Any angel said immediately (so it seemed to me anyway), "No one prayed for their safety." I was chastised. I knew I hadn't prayed, so who was I to complain?

R

Rita

But we all do it , don’t we - you know a thought occurred to me just as I began to type. This pandemic is world wide, it is a leveller- maybe this is to challenge to consider caring about others who perhaps we would not always consider. It’s so easy just to think of our own areas, where we live, the people we know, the people we align to - and yet, what about all those outside of those groups........... for the first time in many of our lives we have a common enemy - we can actually relate to one another universally , the person in India, Pakistan, China, Russia , Europe , UK, USA , Canada, Australia, New Zealand - we are all human and all able to succumb - maybe it will strip away what divides us x
Rita

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
God has no problem with us praying for things

What he has a problem with is assuming since we prayed God will act

We are to pray in Gods will. and understand when we pray, God may not will for what we pray for to come true

Health and wealth is found no where in scripture.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
Amen,, We may not know until we get to heaven

I do believe in miracles through prayer, I have witnessed it, But it is not the norm

Reactions: Paul Christensen