Miscellaneous subjects

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lot of things are not big enough for a forum but still important.

I am just getting this into my Alerts.

The "unpardonable sin"...is a subject I don't much agree with some peoples take on it!! So I want to watch this video tomorrow...my brain is too tired right now...almost time for bed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The only question is will affect their rewards.

YES!!!
I agree with him 100%

I too know ( and have shared here) about a lovely christian brother who came back from the mission field and committed suicide .
I know I will see him again. His heart was so much 'after God' but his flesh was weak..he gave up, got depressed...etc etc....same story as this lady missionary.
They believe that they have failed God thus committed the unpardonable sin.
They become without hope.

They forgot that all of this is about Him, not about us.
The trap of believing that we are judged on our works!!!!!!
But He looks for His works IN AND THROUGH US...Fruit.

Reactions: marks

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpreting the Bible is a area of much debate.

When you hear some say that the Bible interpret the Bible what ends up happening is they use their doctrine and personal interpretation of one area to interpret another. Which almost always leads to error.

So what are the components of proper interpretation:
1. Understand the settings of the time. If you don't understand how they lived and operated and how they spoke you are not going to get it right.
2. Every verse in the Bible has to harmonize with the totality of the Bible or you got it wrong.
3. Read the words according to the grammar and definition of the times. That is hard enough but some make it even harder by trying to quote such as the KJV 1769 English by the English of today. Then do not account for what those words meant 2000 or more years ago.
4. Read in context. Not pull a verse or word out of the passage and try to interpret it on its own.
5. Figurative language used one place is defined literally another.

Use a good interlinear.

But so often you see arguments such as God protected such and such at such and such time in such and such a way therefore there is no rapture.

The problem with that argument is it was a different time, different setting and they did not abide by the above rules.

So interpreting the Bible correctly is the must.

When you do it correctly the Bible flows. When you do it wrong it is like a road full of potholes and detours.