Mother of James?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THANK YOU for once again illustrating your counterfeit beliefs.
Christ's Church is NOT to be "hidden".

According to Christ Himself:
Matt. 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill CANNOT BE HIDDEN. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may SEE your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

That's why I LOVE debating you - because you expose your own ignorance of God and His Word.
It makes MY job that much easier . . .
You know that you are the king of taking passages out of context, eh? You may not be as notorious as some others on this site, but you definitely appear to be rather chronic and prolific at it.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy, is it just me, or is this the weirdest thing that you have ever heard, ...or, at least, close to it?
2TG, you need to clarify what you are speaking of here, if you are able (doubtful), because you are sounding a little too mystical and gnostic right now to be taken seriously?

Oh, okie doke.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy, is it just me, or is this the weirdest thing that you have ever heard, ...or, at least, close to it?
2TG, you need to clarify what you are speaking of here, if you are able (doubtful), because you are sounding a little too mystical and gnostic right now to be taken seriously?

Hi DNB,
2ndTim was just referring to another post and it was in reference to 3 scriptures, Ephesians 3:10-18 is the lower left one he pointed out...nothing mystic but, I can see why you would think that with the "triangle" diagram thing. :)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi DNB,
2ndTim was just referring to another post and it was in reference to 3 scriptures, Ephesians 3:10-18 is the lower left one he pointed out...nothing mystic but, I can see why you would think that with the "triangle" diagram thing. :)

What??? You mean that the one who accused me of not understanding the Word of God . . . doesn't understand me?

LOL - Just can't make this stuff up. :)

Reactions: Nancy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi DNB,
I see Nancy, my mistake, thanks for the insight.
@2nd Timothy Group , my apologies 2TG, on that one post I couldn't make heads or tales of what you were trying to say, and on such a site as this, I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt - it sounded far-out-there which is not uncommon within religious circles.
Sorry, if I acted a bit impetuous on this.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group , my apologies 2TG, on that one post I couldn't make heads or tales of what you were trying to say, and on such a site as this, I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt - it sounded far-out-there which is not uncommon within religious circles.

It doesn't bother me at all. What people think of me makes no difference in what I think about myself. Have a good night! :)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's just my way of responding to what I think is a pretty abusive message. :)
You needn't be so sensitive, BOL & I take liberties with each other - we have an understanding between us, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol DNB...don't feel so bad. I had at first thought the same when reading the words "triangle of truth" And, no..."far out there" is definitely not uncommon within the church...or anything having to do with religion.
We's good! :)

Reactions: DNB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lol DNB...don't feel so bad. I had at first thought the same when reading the words "triangle of truth" And, no..."far out there" is definitely not uncommon within the church...or anything having to do with religion.
We's good! :)
Cool, ...especially that it caused you also to raise an eyebrow!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, ...especially that it caused you also to raise an eyebrow!

Fortunately, Nancy is one of the rare people, here, that has eyes that are not blind, nor ears that are deaf, nor legs that cannot walk. Nancy has the Mind of Christ, for she has already proven that she doesn't fall victim to generational theology. Nancy has already decided that I was wrong about a specific teaching . . . and that is good; a very, very good sign! Yes, Nancy disagrees with me, yet I find that to be good.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How are you using the word "primary"? Do you mean "sibling" is the first definition you find in the dictionary for the word "brother" (ἀδελφός, Adelphos)? Initially it seemed you were using it in a misleading way to downplay how common its other usage was.
Primarily means that it appeared, scripturally speaking, that adelphos as 'from the same womb' was the predominant use of the word. That is, more instances were found of it referring to children of the same parent, or parents, rather than cousins or further relations.

Regarding your request for proof the Blessed Virgin Mary was chaste all Her life, what proof would you even be willing to accept?
An explicit statement saying that 'Mary remained a virgin all her life', or, 'Mary, the perpetual virgin'. Either one would work, ...for starters. Then, you would need to explain the significance, and how such a disposition on Mary's part, after her hymen was already broken, brings glory to God and Jesus? Yes, there is merit to celibacy, but not while enjoying the presence of a husband and a family. Meaning, her devotion is already divided by her spousal or matriarchal duties.

These are explicit statements, that taken at face value, do not require further exegesis or etymologies.

John 7:3-5
7:3. Therefore His brothers said to Him, "Leave here and go into Judea, so that Your disciples also may see Your works which You are doing. 4. "For no one does anything in secret when he himself seeks to be known publicly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world." 5. For not even His brothers were believing in Him.

Mark 3:20-21
3:20. Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21. When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

Mark 6:3-4
6:3. "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him. 4. Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor."

The underlined expression here has no weight, if they were relatives - his point would be moot.
Mark 3:31-35
3:31. Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you." 33. "Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked. 34. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 35. Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

Would one mention his Mother and 'cousins' in such a context as below?
Matthew 13:54-57
13:54. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?" they asked. 55. "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? 56. Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57. And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor."

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fortunately, Nancy is one of the rare people, here, that has eyes that are not blind, nor ears that are deaf, nor legs that cannot walk. Nancy has the Mind of Christ, for she has already proven that she doesn't fall victim to generational theology. Nancy has already decided that I was wrong about a specific teaching . . . and that is good; a very, very good sign! Yes, Nancy disagrees with me, yet I find that to be good.
You have a very strange speech about you?
'...legs that can walk...' What does that mean, that she knows when to walk away from nonsense?
'...she disagrees with me, that is good...' You need to complete the thought, I can speculate what you mean, but, it is still ambiguous?
'Generational theology' What's this, Last Generation Theology? spiritual perfection in the last dispensation?

...do I need to take back my apology for allegedly misunderstanding you?

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a very strange speech about you?
'...legs that can walk...' What does that mean, that she knows when to walk away from nonsense?
'...she disagrees with me, that is good...' You need to complete the thought, I can speculate what you mean, but, it is still ambiguous?
'Generational theology' What's this, Last Generation Theology? spiritual perfection in the last dispensation?

...do I need to take back my apology for allegedly misunderstanding you?

lol . . . keep your apology if you'd like. I can't tell your Heart what to think or feel. That's up to whichever Father you belong to, for like Father like Son. :)