My father passed at 7pm tonight please pray- urgent

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most dont know me here, I just got out of icu after ruptured appendix to learn my
father was dying dying from pancreatic cancer. I wont even bother asking prayer for
myself now. Struggling deeply as he was my everything. He was all I had in life. For anyone judging me here please know how very deep the pain I am in now. Home care nurse will be taking me to his funeral in two days. I will always blame myself for this, had i not been in hospital I could have helped extended his life. I am in enough pain. Maybe I didnt deserve to come out of icu. He didnt tell me he was sick til recently. This is torment and unbelievable pain i wouldnt wish on anyone.Please instead of judging me just pray. I am severe pain and thankyou sue for praying for me. God knew this was going to happen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most dont know me here, I just got out of icu after ruptured appendix to learn my
father was dying dying from pancreatic cancer. I wont even bother asking prayer for
myself now. Struggling deeply as he was my everything. He was all I had in life. For anyone judging me here please know how very deep the pain I am in now. Home care nurse will be taking me to his funeral in two days. I will always blame myself for this, had i not been in hospital I could have helped extended his life. I am in enough pain. Maybe I didnt deserve to come out of icu. He didnt tell me he was sick til recently. This is torment and unbelievable pain i wouldnt wish on anyone.Please instead of judging me just pray. I am severe pain and thankyou sue for praying for me. God knew this was going to happen

hi Tammy,
I am so very sorry for your loss xxx
I lost my own dad to an infected pancreas five weeks ago - a complication of gallstones. Please be kind to yourself with regards to the blame, pancreatic cancer is not that easy to detect and difficult to stop it progressing. ( they thought my dad had this cancer so I looked into it ) you do not need that kind of condemnation within you right now. It’s not truth. Just sending you a massive (((( hug ))))
Rita xx

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi Tammy,
I lost my own dad to an infected pancreas five weeks ago - a complication of gallstones. Please be kind to yourself with regards to the blame, pancreatic cancer is not that easy to detect and difficult to stop it progressing. ( they thought my dad had this cancer so I looked into it ) you do not need that kind of condemnation within you right now. It’s not truth. Just sending you a massive (((( hug ))))
Rita xx
so sorry my sister you went through that. I will be praying for you. Whenever I saw your name I always felt connection to you. I am scared my sister home care isnt coming back til tomorrow and I am vomiting. I dont know if this is shock. room is spinning around. I am scared my sister. my heart is broken

Reactions: Helen and Taken

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so sorry my sister you went through that. I will be praying for you. Whenever I saw your name I always felt connection to you. I am scared my sister home care isnt coming back til tomorrow and I am vomiting. I dont know if this is shock. room is spinning around. I am scared my sister. my heart is broken
Do you still have a temp ? ( that can make you sick ) Is there anyone you can ring to ask advice. Maybe your doctors ( sorry don’t know how it all works over in the US - we have telephone helplines over here )
Your body has been through a lot and you are still recovering , so the shock and emotional impact of losing your dad will impact. My dad was 90 and so coming to terms with his loss was easier than when I lost my mum suddenly 12 years ago. I never got to say goodbye to her and I know how much that can impact xxxxx ( I was with my dad ) So please don’t worry about me, I am in a place in my life when I know fully that God understands my pain and I take one day at a time with it all.
Sadly your heart will feel broken, as someone famous once said. ‘ it’s the price we pay for love ‘ xx
It 8:00 in the morning here and it’s my day off and I am just spending the day at home. If you can’t sleep and just need to talk, express , anything, just post here or in a pm, i do have some things I need to do but will check in regularly.
Xxxxxxxx

Reactions: TLHKAJ

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi Tammy,
Rita xx
I think i am in shock, red spreading around my incisision. please dont leave my sister so scared. alone right now

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
please dont leave me my sister. red is going all over incision area. i am getting sick. skin so cold. i dont if this shock

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tammy can you ring the hospital , you need to get advice , because you have been unwell it could be both shock or the infection xx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If it continues call 911- at least they can come and check you out and they would know.

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
they are putting me through to e r r. i am ho ld for m inute. some thing do enst feel good. fa lling sleep. they nee d answer soon

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Try and stay on the line - know this is so difficult but you need to rule out the infection side of things, or get further treatment asap, if it is xxxxxx

Reactions: Helen

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i am trying g. they s aid two m ore min utes. re d spread and the re is bleed ing
on l ower of in cision . so s c ared

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tammy , I know and I wish I could be there physically to give you a hug and be on the phone for you and seek advice ect.
Xxxxxx

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Helen

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
t h eyy are s ending a m bul an ce. the y wa nt me st ay wa ke on ph one. so ti red ri t a. so ti r ed

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tammy - can you open the door so they can get in - they need to keep you awake x
I realise you won’t be able to communicate with us here while the assess and decide what to do , but know that we will be praying for you xxxxxxxxx

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
t he ree is lights ou tside. i t hink k they are t rying to g et in. i t hink i am in s hock. i d ont w ant go back to a wful ho spi tal rit a so up se t. the y told me not ge t up. the y a re talking th rough door

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is not what you want Tammy , and I know you have been through a lot but if the infection is back then your body will need some more help - you came through it before- you can do this and remember The Lord is with you , he is there and knows everything about you, your situation, your fears , your pain and sadness xxxxx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Tammy,
You must be so deeply hurt, and the pain you have on top of losing your dad seems insurmountable. You have my prayers sister, my heart is hurting for you :(
May God bless and keep you close, and may He relieve you of your pain so you can grieve properly.
Much love in Christ!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do read your post Tammy. From your being in ICU fighting to recover and now with the loss of your father. I always read your post but never respond because I’m not good at prayer. I think about you, you are always on my mind, I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine all you are going through. I do hope for your strength and comfort. All this stress and sadness I’m sure is not good with your body that is already struggling to recover. Please continue to reach out to those here without any apologies for asking for their help. My heart does go out to you. don’t be ashamed because you are normal I think for feeling so overwhelmed, you have a lot on you at the moment, and have nothing to be ashamed of. That is my prayer …that you have strength and comfort surrounding you.

Last edited: