My God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I just got another Ancient Christian Commentary - completes The book of Genesis
I know someone who has ALL the writings of the important early Christians. (ECF) It cost almost $1,000. and is many volumes.
I could never read it, but it's a great endeavor. When I read their stuff, I don't understand it sometimes. It's just too deep.

These are the persons who saved our faith for us. Some say they weren't inspired. I guess Calvin was. I think some are just afraid of them. Christianity has become so easy these days. Not that it should be difficult, but we can't sit around and do nothing either.

I also like the Didache a lot. Simple. Says everything important that needs to be said. Have you read that?

True. Perhaps stardust is just the material manifestation of Gods neurotransmitters
Sure. And why wouldn't it be something so pretty?
We have so many wonders around us that are taken for granted.
Just look at Saturn.
Or inside a drop of water.
The seen and the unseen.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know someone who has ALL the writings of the important early Christians. (ECF) It cost almost $1,000. and is many volumes.
I could never read it, but it's a great endeavor. When I read their stuff, I don't understand it sometimes. It's just too deep.

These are the persons who saved our faith for us. Some say they weren't inspired. I guess Calvin was. I think some are just afraid of them. Christianity has become so easy these days. Not that it should be difficult, but we can't sit around and do nothing either.

I also like the Didache a lot. Simple. Says everything important that needs to be said. Have you read that?

Just look at Saturn.
The seen and the unseen.

Try www.ccel.org
I was following Cassini

Reactions: GodsGrace

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry 'Stranger' simply not true....Even demons know who Jesus is, and so do the dead.....he is NOW the Lord of both the living and the dead.........No amount of Bibles can be any kind of LORD........

I am not saying the Bible is God. I am saying the Bible is the Word of God. And, it is the Word of God whether people reject it or not.

Yes, demons know who Jesus is. But the vast majority of mankind reject Him. Just because they reject Him doesn't mean He is not the Son of God, the living Word of God.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say that I DO trust the early Christians.
Just an example...

Some Christians say works are not necessary.
This is a very RECENT idea.
What did the early Christians write and believe?
WHO would be more correct?

The ones who were closest to Christ, or these new modern day preachers who distort the word of God to fill up churches?
Oh. And make everyone feel good about themselves?
I have no problem with that so long you don't. However, don't be surprised if a lot of people don't go along with you on it. Without a doubt those dedicated and likely devout writers were more trustworthy than most of those we might find on a pulpit today. Most of the so-called Christian churches today would not get back after the first visit. I tried in one town where I lived in Oklahoma. There were approximately 70 churches [various Protestant] available. I visited most of them and only a handful would I even go back to visit. None of them gave me good reason to consider becoming a member. Larger cities may offer more than that. I certainly hope so for the sake of people who are really hungry and thirsty for the righteousness of God.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Carl Sagan was a scientist. You must know him.
He used to say that everything in the universe is made of the same "star stuff".

I never thought about it but it's because the same "person" made everything! And He used the same material.

Do you realize that everything in the universe that we know of is made up of either a straight line or a curved line? There's nothing else.

God made everything using the same "stuff".
Whatever that is. I wouldn't know...
Supposedly everything comes from light.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not saying the Bible is God. I am saying the Bible is the Word of God. And, it is the Word of God whether people reject it or not.

Yes, demons know who Jesus is. But the vast majority of mankind reject Him. Just because they reject Him doesn't mean He is not the Son of God, the living Word of God.

Stranger
All I can do is try to pass on how He answered me in regard to the Bible.....You should take it to Him in prayer for confirmation......He said to my question about the Bible.
" The Bible contains written accounts of words FROM God TO man ( mankind )....... Words from MAN, TO God......... But, mostly it contains words ABOUT God by man and mans understandings and questionings of God ....."
As I said, please take it before Him, don't just believe because anyone in particular, says so...Even those whom we don't even know, who claim that all the words in the Bible are from Gods own mouth to men ( whether by the Holy spirit or Gods voice ).....We can only get to know the 100% Truth, by and through His Holy spirit of Truth, which Jesus is full of as well, and as they are all ONE we can get it from either.
Hope you take the time, and put your own 'up to now' understanding of it all aside and ask Him and hopefully get an answer back pronto.....All the very best Pia :)

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You said it yourself.
Those who "tried" really failed.

This is philosophy. I'm not making it up to be mean.
If it can't be accepted, so be it.

But it's not MY invention.
Just a thought. I was pretty amazed when I learned it.
Think about it.
I can't be trying to sew.
I'm either sewing or I'm not sewing.

Has nothing to do with kids doing their best or "trying".
I've tried a lot of things myself, but at least I understand the term is WRONG... Any philosophers here to back me up?

"Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda (3 ABY)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When people reject the Bible as the Word of God, it remains the Word of God also. Without the Holy Spirit one will never know Jesus either.

Jesus Christ is the physical manifestation of the Word of God, and the Bible is the written Word of God.

Stranger
I don't know why some are disagreeing with your statement.
It Is accepted in the Christian faith that the Bible is the word of God.
Am I missing something?

They make me wonder if maybe you put the Bible on the same plane as Jesus?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This is fear and mans pride, afraid to upset teh cart, must conform with "mens" ides of christianity. Do we not serve the Living God, is He not the God of the living not teh dead, is not Christ resurrected and with God is He not than yet alive, so If he is to Give you Gods best teh HJoly Spirit why is it you choose second best the dead letter, even Jesus said,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and just as it says, so few will go to Him to get life, the foolish virgins who will find with all there learning, church and doings, are going to find there lamps empty.

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
Luk 7:33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
Luk 7:34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
Luk 7:35 But wisdom is justified of all her children.

funny how some things dont change. Actually it is so sad. God has given us so much yet so many toss it aside like our disposable junk.
Why are you quoting a Bible you give no importance to?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is not Gods word, wanst hard to say at all.

And if I was being sarcastic I would have put up a smiley face. See BOL quotes the bible continually yet all he speaks is death to all. Even teh bible says, the word that I speak they are spirit and they are life. If teh bible was God word he wouldnt be killing Gods chidren,
???
Could you say that in English?
Thanks.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And, it is the Word of God whether people reject it or not.

Now how can that be ,

God is life, His word gives life the bible has none, even Jesus quoted of scripture. one thing that so many ignore.

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

When you put something before God it is an idol,

I shall have no other Gods before me,

Remember those two scriptures we discussed, how you made a statement that was not any where in the text. What you wrote was hearsay, and in a court of law teh whole thing would be thrown out for lack of evidence, 2 witnesses that cant agree and a third making up a story to make it fit.

Defending Idols thats what BOL is doing, but he is a part of His idol and that makes it really hard to let go.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could you say that in English?
It isnt Gods word. what is so hard about that..... Unless you consider teh devil and God to be the same God??

Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

God didnt say that did He, so how can it be Gods word,??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It isnt Gods word. what is so hard about that..... Unless you consider teh devil and God to be the same God??

Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

God didnt say that did He, so how can it be Gods word,??
Yes. It's Very difficult to understand.
Why do you continue to quote a book you don't believe is God's word?
What makes it be Satan's word?

Reactions: tabletalk

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do you continue to quote a book you don't believe is God's word?
You are a teacher are you not, after all these years have you not yet figured it out?? There is a very good reason why Jesus uses the humble teh unlearned to teach.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

You see teh only thing I have ever said is that it is not Gods word, never ever did I say it was not useful, but christans have made it an Idol, putting it and there learning before God Himself, Saying "God must agree with teh bible not teh Bible should agree with God, therefore making teh bible a God before God, Agin does it not sya.

I shall have no other Gods before me", yet you cant see what it is you are doing, that is why God wont allow men to have Idols,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
O
What makes it be Satan's word?
h you are playing that MaryMog game now, just as Pia said you would.. You know whom teh deceiver is. Stop playing his games, You know full well I never said that, it is you that insists those words that satan spoke where from God Himself.. Its Gods word after all you say is it not???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Imagine how it would be if you where this wonderful King, who loved His people, and took care of them. yet there where these people running around, proclaiming to the world, that a book not authorized or written by you, was proclaimed to be your words, which made you no better than the devil himself even less than man, do you not think you may be a little upset, that people would rather believe a book than you... Good thing God saw it would happen, He sent us His best but still man chooses second best.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just look at Saturn.
The seen and the unseen.

Just a note that you said "you guess Calvin was inspired". You're soon to convert to Calvinism!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Just a note that you said "you guess Calvin was inspired". You're soon to convert to Calvinism!
NO!!!!!
May it never be!!!!

I was being sarcastic.
If I last here ,,, some don't like me ,,
You will understand my dry sense of humor after a while.

I'm an arminian.
I believe in free will.