My Life Was Just a Loaf of Bread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Who are you, who who, who who, tell me who you are...no this is not a C.S.I bit.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sorry people but your obsession with believing will destroy you all.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What's with all the no-chatty chat chat?

Why is it so difficult to accept that our beliefs are the cause of all our social problems. As Christian's who believe in Jesus, most of you will admit that every other belief that does not fit in with your own is in error, that is a part of a delusion that spawns from a lie. But it's not we should go one God further (As Richard Dawkins did) Go one belief further (As Richard Dawkins should)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Instead of asking, "what do I believe?", ask, "what do I want to believe?"
Belief is the easy way we've learnt to ignore our fears of the unknown. Our species must let go of believing itself if we have any chance to survive beyond this tiny little planetary system.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is the easy way we've learnt to ignore our fears of the unknown. Our species must let go of believing itself if we have any chance to survive beyond this tiny little planetary system.

Does this mean you want to believe that you have no beliefs?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Does this mean you want to believe that you have no beliefs?
As Osho said "I don't believe in believing"
But I digress. You haven't offered me any evidence that the human brain is equipped to believe. It is equipped for imagination and fantasizing, but unlike beliefs they don't impose anything objective on the emotional side of our brains.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I am sitting now on 3 year's of freedom from Anti-Psychotic medication and interruption of the Mental Health Authorities. Due solely on my transition away from forming belief systems. I think 3 year's without a Psychotic relapse is :)

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Osho said "I don't believe in believing"
But I digress. You haven't offered me any evidence that the human brain is equipped to believe. It is equipped for imagination and fantasizing, but unlike beliefs they don't impose anything objective on the emotional side of our brains.

I'm a big fan of Zen. There's a lot we can learn from that, but Zen master or not, everyone believes in something, even if that something is we're just a bunch of atoms spinning around some po-dunk planet in a random and meaningless universe.