My Life Was Just a Loaf of Bread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sitting now on 3 year's of freedom from Anti-Psychotic medication and interruption of the Mental Health Authorities. Due solely on my transition away from forming belief systems. I think 3 year's without a Psychotic relapse is :)

That is excellent. I wish you continued success in that arena. :)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That is excellent. I wish you continued success in that arena. :)
You'd think the workers at a mental health clinic would have been interested in their patient for discovering a method for recovering from Schizophrenia that didn't require medication. I'd like to say that the flat earth mentality was reserved for the superstitious and the ignorant, but no, it's stll lives on in the beliefs of the educated elitists.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm a big fan of Zen. There's a lot we can learn from that, but Zen master or not, everyone believes in something, even if that something is we're just a bunch of atoms spinning around some po-dunk planet in a random and meaningless universe.
If this universe has a meaning; then wouldn't this meaning be evident as "objective" in nature? How can our beliefs lead us to a unified understanding of why the universe is here? Do you not see the facts of what our believing has done when human beings work to unite everyone as they believe the world and univere to be.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Since you mention Osho, have you read any Chuang Tzu? I often come back to the story of the empty boat. It helps me keep things in perspective when I get a bit puffed up.
Why don't you tell me the story of the empty boat :D

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell me the story of the empty boat :D

When crossing a river, if your boat is struck by an empty boat then you will not take offense nor be angry, but if your boat is struck by a boat with a passenger you will yell and become furious.

Either way, empty or not, the effect on you is the same -- your boat is struck. But in one case you take it personally and in the other you don't.

This is a lesson on how people treat you. If they see your boat as full then they take your offenses (intentional or not) personally. But if they see your boat as empty they don't see your offences as offence.

Therefore, seek to empty your own boat. Seek to be such that people don't notice you. In this way people will not desire to contend against you and you will have peace.

The Empty Boat by Chuang Tzu

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
When crossing a river, if your boat is struck by an empty boat then you will not take offense nor be angry, but if your boat is struck by a boat with a passenger you will yell and become furious.

Either way, empty or not, the effect on you is the same -- your boat is struck. But in one case you take it personally and in the other you don't.

This is a lesson on how people treat you. If they see your boat as full then they take your offenses (intentional or not) personally. But if they see your boat as empty they don't see your offences as offence.

Therefore, seek to empty your own boat. Seek to be such that people don't notice you. In this way people will not desire to contend against you and you will have peace.

The Empty Boat by Chuang Tzu
Interesting, but I see nothing there to take away.

While I was typing out the reply above, I remembered something I said recently about why people believe we have a emptiness (A hole) in us that only God can fill. This lacking we have I understand now as not a fault due to sin or seperation from some creators love. It's a naturalistic feature that drive's us to seek knowledge. Since we are all born completely empty and therefore venerable in a world and universe that is unknown, nature has hardwired us to learn. Imagine if we came completely un-empty. Why would we need to strive for anything, learn anything, know anything.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Question:
What are human beings like when they believe they know everything? Are they still teachable?

I'm sure you can think of more than a few people like that :)