My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again: do you find those answers essential for salvation and being a Christian?
And are you going to answer the questions about that I asked you about that very subject.

We could debate the many names for God's abode, whom God may or may not have visited, Greek philosophy, or a million other secondary things or red herrings. But none of them are the hard-core Gospel message or salvation. And I'm not putting any secondary thing forward. Christ is the center point.
Jane, there is no need to avoid answering. When you answer these questions we can proceed.
If you have the wrong Jesus there is no gospel. We are concerned for you.
Think of it this way...If a JW says the same thing to you, I worship Jesus....[but he was an angel first, a created being, who God turned into a perfect man]...would you tell the person, that is okay??? there can not be good news there.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane, there is no need to avoid answering. When you answer these questions we can proceed.
If you have the wrong Jesus there is no gospel. We are concerned for you.
Think of it this way...If a JW says the same thing to you, I worship Jesus....[but he was an angel first, a created being, who God turned into a perfect man]...would you tell the person, that is okay??? there can not be good news there.
More practical example:

Calvinists. As a staunch Arminian, I find Calvinism to teach EXTEREMLY erroneous views about love and God. I find this to be the biggest distance theologically anywhere in extended Christendom when it comes to the view of God, love, and His interaction the people. But despite their misunderstandings about God, Calvinists still have real relationships with Christ and are indeed Christians. Very mistaken theology, but still His disciples.

Reactions: Mike Waters

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
??????
You fellas love to bolster one another up in your deceptions... All you are doing is helping one another dig your own ditches. You need to listen to what others are telling you, not to one another, you will learn nothing. You say yourselves that there needs to be balance, and we all agree with that. But you are blind to your own one sidedness. You love to lecture us with regards context... As in the above you think I am ignoring the discipline and judgement of God and focusing on just the love and mercy... But the whole context of God's dealing with mankind is mercy. Mankind is lost if not for mercy. Helpless if not for grace. Alone in inevitable judgement if not for love. The context of that passage of Jeremiah is not judgement, it is redemption. Open your eyes.
Leave them Jesus said, they are blind guides. I've taken a feather out of that cap. I notice that Jesus didn't engage them in endless dialogue and the reason is obvious.....there is none so blind as he who will not see.

shipeichong

Jan 19, 2019
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Country
Singapore
God is righteous. He really, really hates sins. Those who sin will be punished by Him.
God is love. He really, really loves us. He doesn't want to punish us.
How to solve this dilema? Thankfully, at the cross, Jesus solves it for us!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't watch the video, but just wanted to make one comment. We get into trouble when we ignore certain aspects of God. He IS love, AND He is wrathful. Part of preaching the Good News, that Jesus died for our sins so that we don't have to suffer in hell for eternity, is preaching the "bad news," that the wages of sin is death and that those who refuse God's provision for forgiveness will suffer in hell. How would it be loving to withhold the Good News or the bad news??

John 3:36-- The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him.

You should really watch the video, its only 10 mins ;)

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leave them Jesus said, they are blind guides. I've taken a feather out of that cap. I notice that Jesus didn't engage them in endless dialogue and the reason is obvious.....there is none so blind as he who will not see.
I did not realize that Australia is such a mission field. I have to ask Gideons if they have some bibles available for shipment there. You call names, but offer no scripture?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Anthony D'Arienzo & @Preacher4Truth

Ignore is a wonderful tool.
I have never put anyone on ignore. I want to know who needs help, who is sincere, who is an enemy of the cross of Christ.
I do not ignore or censor anyone at any time
Can that be frustrating? Yes. I enjoy reading the solid posts that you men offer as help.
9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is righteous. He really, really hates sins. Those who sin will be punished by Him.
God is love. He really, really loves us. He doesn't want to punish us.
How to solve this dilema? Thankfully, at the cross, Jesus solves it for us!
It is only solved at the cross by being in saving union with Christ. The love of God is In Christ, not apart from Him.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More practical example:

Calvinists. As a staunch Arminian, I find Calvinism to teach EXTEREMLY erroneous views about love and God. I find this to be the biggest distance theologically anywhere in extended Christendom when it comes to the view of God, love, and His interaction the people. But despite their misunderstandings about God, Calvinists still have real relationships with Christ and are indeed Christians. Very mistaken theology, but still His disciples.
The love of God is only found IN CHRIST, not apart from Him, and not in 'ANOTHER JESUS"

jane, you need to answer the questions asked of you. When you ask us questions we in answer in some detail. Why do you deflect off into something else?

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you are a hoot!

You ask Jane if she believes in Jesus. She answers that she does. But, all she gets in return is you declaring that she does not.

And then you have the audacity to feign being upset that she does not keep on answering questions that we all already know are just going to have people attacking her.

Maybe "Hoot" is too kind a word.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The love of God is only found IN CHRIST, not apart from Him, and not in 'ANOTHER JESUS"

jane, you need to answer the questions asked of you. When you ask us questions we in answer in some detail. Why do you deflect off into something else?

Talking about Christ first and foremost is not deflection: it is the center point of everything in my life and every other Christian's.

Also, you don't remotely answer my questions. Here's some you've just ignored:
Breaking this down--
"it is to have the correct and biblical Jesus": where does it say this in the Bible.
"correct and biblical": define. Must I embrace the Athanasian Creed written in 500 AD to qualify?
Or do you mean acknowledging Christ as the one and only divine Son fo God, through whom all men are saved? The Jesus Christ whom is one person, the Father being another person, the Spirit being another person, and them all being One God.
"embrace": do you actually mean this? Because LDS Christians do. We're not supposed to just give lip service, but to actually get up, walk, and follow Him. All of course, empowered by Him.
Again: do you find those answers essential for salvation and being a Christian?.
Are those questions necessary for salvation and the most important topic anyone can discuss?

Because I am a disciple of Christ. That’s the most important topic to me and the way of salvation.
You've not answered those questions about Christ or salvation at all. Instead your focus is on... different names people use for Heaven.

Anthony, the Pearly Gates are not about passing a scanton test. You're "you fail the scantron test" doesn't hold any water. You don't have children in your congregation write lengthy essays describing every ontological detail about Christ before you view them as Christians or saved-- such is a ridiculous notion. In fact, I probably could find a Calvinist, or a modalist, etc in your congregation that have every different views on God than you, but you consider them Christian and saved.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By their works shall ye know them (and also by their hateful words:( )
This is the first time I've felt the urge to troll back over these posts and built up a batch of 'ignore' members (and it won't include JW's or Mormons).
No one here has used hateful words. Offering correction, hereproving, rebuking &c are actually words of a loving Spirit, he wrote and instructed it to be done.

The above, however, is another example of "not enduring sound doctrine" with all of its spiraling down and away from the truth, the faith, Jude 1:3, into myths and fables. This is according to 2 Timothy 4:1-4. Note also 2 Timothy 3 as well.

The Jesus of the JW's and Mormonism is not the Jesus of Scripture. Their own "Scriptures" even make the distinction, and both of these false revelations teach contrary to the Scriptures given us. Both were purposeful in presenting a different gospel and Christ. Both groups will give you likes, yet they know these things to be true, they know their Christ is not the Christ of Scripture or orthodox Christian history.

Unfortunately you are complicit with them in supporting their false gospel.

No apologies will be forthcoming that you feel the above biblical presentation is hateful.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one here has used hateful words. Offering correction, hereproving, rebuking &c are actually words of a loving Spirit, he wrote and instructed it to be done.

The above, however, is another example of "not enduring sound doctrine" with all of its spiraling down and away from the truth, the faith, Jude 1:3, into myths and fables. This is according to 2 Timothy 4:1-4. Note also 2 Timothy 3 as well.

The Jesus of the JW's and Mormonism is not the Jesus of Scripture. Their own "Scriptures" even make the distinction, and both of these false revelations teach contrary to the Scriptures given us. Both were purposeful in presenting a different gospel and Christ. Both groups will give you likes, yet they know these things to be true, they know their Christ is not the Christ of Scripture or orthodox Christian history.

Unfortunately you are complicit with them in supporting their false gospel.

No apologies will be forthcoming that you feel the above biblical presentation is hateful.
When you treat a person as an object rather than a person, that is hateful.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Talking about Christ first and foremost is not deflection: it is the center point of everything in my life and every other Christian's.

Girl you amaze me. You keep on answering all their questions.
I know I wouldn't.

"My hat is duly taken off " to you! LOL

@Mike Waters and @Willie T

I was encouraged to see your good posts on behalf of Jane. Or anyone else who is repeatedly grilled and toasted on this forum :D

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want everyone to take note here: My brothers and I are taking our stand by doing so through objective truth, or objectivity. In other words we see the authority outside ourselves in Scripture, being objective, and have shown false gospels and Christ’s do not save.

The other side is being subjective, basing their support of those who preach and teach a false Christ and gospel not on objective truth, but on their subjective feelings. They are renouncing sound doctrine (objective truth) for myths and fables (subjectivity). Bottom line to them it doesn’t mater who you think Christ is (objectively) it only matters that you claim to believe him and name yourself “Christian” which isn’t objective truth at all, it is purely subjective which makes themselves their own authorities.

One more observation: Those who teach we must have the Biblical Christ are labelled as hateful (something I rejoice in before God.) Yet when those on the other side disagree and attempt to say we are in error do not receive the same charge, and frankly don’t see they are offering the same polemic and charge of error that they only call hateful when we show their error. This shows both their inconsistencies and double standards showing what they are saying to be in error.

For the record our side is the only side to receive inflammatory remarks and some name calling. It’s just like the Left, when you don’t like the facts, pull the race card. These pull the name calling card, or the baseless remark “their hateful words.” What we are left with is a bunch of persons who are merely politically correct humanists with some morality, not true spirituality. This is testified in 2 Timothy 3:1-9, having the appearance of godliness but denying the power &c.

This is also witnessed in the fact they reject plain foundational teachings, namely the true Christ.
In John 8:24 Christ is solemn, if you do not believe who he is (the Biblical testimony of Christ, uncreated, YHWH, eternal in his being) which is a Christ contrary to both The Watchtower Society and Mormonism, you are not converted and will die in your sins. That is his statement.

This is why my brothers and I fight for the faith; Jude 1:3, and against false Gospels; Galatians 1:8-10 and warn others. These plain biblical principles and truths will be rejected, undermined, ridiculed, mitigated, mocked. 1 Corinthians 2:14 tells us why.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Girl you amaze me. You keep on answering all their questions.
I know I wouldn't.

"My hat is duly taken off " to you! LOL

She hasn't answered all our questions, she's dodged them and does so perpetually. Could you at least try being truthful instead of flattering others with baloney and untruthful remarks?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want everyone to take note here: My brothers and I are taking our stand by doing so through objective truth, or objectivity. In other words we see the authority outside ourselves in Scripture, being objective, and have shown false gospels and Christ’s do not save.

The other side is being subjective, basing their support of those who preach and teach a false Christ and gospel not on objective truth, but on their subjective feelings. They are renouncing sound doctrine (objective truth) for myths and fables (subjectivity). Bottom line to them it doesn’t mater who you think Christ is (objectively) it only matters that you claim to believe him and name yourself “Christian” which isn’t objective truth at all, it is purely subjective which makes themselves their own authorities.

One more observation: Those who teach we must have the Biblical Christ are labelled as hateful (something I rejoice in before God.) Yet when those on the other side disagree and attempt to say we are in error do not receive the same charge, and frankly don’t see they are offering the same polemic and charge of error that they only call hateful when we show their error. This shows both their inconsistencies and double standards showing what they are saying to be in error.

For the record our side is the only side to receive inflammatory remarks and some name calling. It’s just like the Left, when you don’t like the facts, pull the race card. These pull the name calling card, or the baseless remark “their hateful words.” What we are left with is a bunch of persons who are merely politically correct humanists with some morality, not true spirituality. This is testified in 2 Timothy 3:1-9, having the appearance of godliness but denying the power &c.

This is also witnessed in the fact they reject plain foundational teachings, namely the true Christ.
In John 8:24 Christ is solemn, if you do not believe who he is (the Biblical testimony of Christ, increased, YHWH, eternal in his being) which is a Christ contrary to both The Watchtower Society and Mormonism, you are not converted and will die in your sins. That is his statement.

This is why my brothers and I fight for the faith; Jude 1:3, and against false Gospels; Galatians 1:8-10 and warn others. These plain biblical principles and truths will be rejected, undermined, ridiculed, mitigated, mocked. 1 Corinthians 2:14 tells us why.
P4T: your beliefs are not being undermined, ridiculed, mitigated, mocked here. You the beliefs you hold don't make you hateful.

However, your actions and when you treat others as an objects: that is hateful.
She hasn't answered all our questions, she's dodged them and does so perpetually.
Not remotely true.

Reactions: Helen

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also, you don't remotely answer my questions. Here's some you've just ignored:

You've not answered those questions about Christ or salvation at all. Instead your focus is on... different names people use for Heaven.

Anthony, the Pearly Gates are not about passing a scanton test. You're "you fail the scantron test" doesn't hold any water. You don't have children in your congregation write lengthy essays describing every ontological detail about Christ before you view them as Christians or saved-- such is a ridiculous notion. In fact, I probably could find a Calvinist, or a modalist, etc in your congregation that have every different views on God than you, but you consider them Christian and saved.
You refuse to answer the questions, You refuse to say what your church teaches.
You are speaking of a false Jesus, a false gospel.
I cannot force you to answer of course. If you are ashamed of its teaching I understand.
There is no reason to answer your questions if you are posting about a different Jesus, a different gospel.