My Lord And Savior Is Not A "SISSIFIED NEEDY JESUS", But HE is a GOD of WRATH!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good night guys. I worked last night and need to pour myself into bed.

tenor.gif

Reactions: SovereignGrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re using two different words transliterated power. In 2 Timothy 3:5 power is δύναμις (dynamis) and it means power, strength, ability. It’s where the word dynamite comes from.

In John 1:12, the word power is transliterated from
ἐξουσία (exousia) and it means power, ability, faculty, liberty, license, authority, rule, right, etc. Context determines what English word is used. Greek words tend to have a wide semantic range.

ok. he breaks men’s strength so there is no strength and power except in that which comes from God. Not sure what the complaints are as He says give as you have been given. To not withhold (been given the power to do so)what is meet and good for the body when it IS In your power to give it. Proverbs 3:27-28 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. [28] Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

Luke 6:35-38 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. [36] Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. [37] Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: [38] Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Matthew 5:7-9 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. [9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
^ how are all those verses skipped over and ignored??..

Galatians 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. (2 Corinthians 10:13).

Yet the power to give as you have been given is denied. Power to become (children of the Highest). Either He will give what a Son ask for, or not? What strength and power is there expect the Liberty of the Sons of God which all creation groans to be delivered from the bondage of corruption into His Liberty (Where the Spirit is there is Liberty).

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's showing what kind of tree he is. Every day.
I just get so tired of the baseless accusations thrown against Calvinists. I have been told I am mean, I am a bully, I am antichrist, I am not saved, I do not have the Spirit, I worship the idol of Scripture, I shut Christ up, I am of the flesh, I have no compassion for the lost, I am a pharisee and more. All of this is baseless.

I am told to be more like Christ and to have love and compassion. Well here's the funny thing. I am preaching on John 2:13-25 Sunday and you know what Jesus did there? He made a whip and started throwing people out of the Temple and threw tables around. Was that showing love and compassion in the way people here demand?

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just get so tired of the baseless accusations thrown against Calvinists. I have been told I am mean, I am a bully, I am antichrist, I am not saved, I do not have the Spirit, I worship the idol of Scripture, I shut Christ up, I am of the flesh, I have no compassion for the lost, I am a pharisee and more. All of this is baseless.

I am told to be more like Christ and to have love and compassion. Well here's the funny thing. I am preaching on John 2:13-25 Sunday and you know what Jesus did there? He made a whip and started throwing people out of the Temple and threw tables around. Was that showing love and compassion in the way people here demand?
Rejoice my brother!

Reactions: SovereignGrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I love the Brethern.

easily said. Even in my own life. But saying it and actions are two totally different things. poleski...not big on following it all but saw where she boasted as praying for Trump. It was just a small clip or replay on how she has such good intentions towards him and is truly praying for the president. She truly believes it, seeing it as love. But her actions speak and is that truly the case? Good intent? Not going there but something I’ve been considering in my own life. Words can be empty...the true intent manifested by the deeds.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Way being: His ways are higher and His thoughts are Higher? That (imo) is what makes this topic so unfruitful.
If one person were to bend the right Way or one reader were to have his blindness healed? Perhaps it won't happen, but I have learned through Jeremiah and Jonah that our job is to speak what God says to speak. With Jeremiah, God told him that no one would hear him. With Jonah they did hear, but the prophet himself was foolish. Well I am not Jeremiah or Jonah, but I am in touch with the same God. As Jesus put it:

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Whatever I am, I want to always be obedient without regard to the outcome. The outcome really is not my business.

Was reading last night and wanted to jump in to your defense but nothing said here will change those opinions appointed to wrath. Only One can change it and it is a waste of time when it may just be as needed to let them eat alone of their own teachings until they have had their fill of wrath. As Paul warned it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Lord.
Don't worry about the defense. God takes care of His own. My cross is still much lighter than the one Jesus carried. My flesh hurts, but the Spirit in me is weeping. As you say, our efforts alone are a waste of time. We have only what God has allotted to each of us. Let us allow Him to direct us in its proper use.

People have been eating garbage since Adam and Eve partook of the words of the serpent. All we can do, as God leads us, is to offer good food instead. Will they make the right choice? The people of Nineveh did in spite of the poor attitude of the prophet himself.

“unending nothingness” consider is the result of the consuming, but remember always in the Fire but not consumed, instead Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

In that same chapter of Daniel consider the end of those "most mighty men" of Nebuchadnezzar, who were only doing their jobs...

"...the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Dan 3:22

There is a way out of the worst of situations with God, but once we have made that wrong turn, it is very difficult to admit the need to return to that crossroads in order to again to get back on the Way.

If one of those "most mighty men", like Naaman the leprous soldier of Syria, had heard the voice of God through a little Hebrew girl, could he have also approached the fire without hurt?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one person were to bend the right Way or one reader were to have his blindness healed? Perhaps it won't happen, but I have learned through Jeremiah and Jonah that our job is to speak what God says to speak. With Jeremiah, God told him that no one would hear him. With Jonah they did hear, but the prophet himself was foolish. Well I am not Jeremiah or Jonah, but I am in touch with the same God. As Jesus put it:

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Whatever I am, I want to always be obedient without regard to the outcome. The outcome really is not my business.

Don't worry about the defense. God takes care of His own. My cross is still much lighter than the one Jesus carried. My flesh hurts, but the Spirit in me is weeping. As you say, our efforts alone are a waste of time. We have only what God has allotted to each of us. Let us allow Him to direct us in its proper use.

People have been eating garbage since Adam and Eve partook of the words of the serpent. All we can do, as God leads us, is to offer good food instead. Will they make the right choice? The people of Nineveh did in spite of the poor attitude of the prophet himself.

In that same chapter of Daniel consider the end of those "most mighty men" of Nebuchadnezzar, who were only doing their jobs...

"...the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Dan 3:22

There is a way out of the worst of situations with God, but once we have made that wrong turn, it is very difficult to admit the need to return to that crossroads in order to again to get back on the Way.

If one of those "most mighty men", like Naaman the leprous soldier of Syria, had heard the voice of God through a little Hebrew girl, could he have also approached the fire without hurt?

didn’t mean anything against you nor suggesting to not speak. As you have pointed to on all occasions “God gives the increase.” No, realize I don’t have to worry for you as you are not alone, yet you are a brother and an elder.

Reactions: Pisteuo and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No my friend, I have not. God does not speak to us today as He did in the OT and the NT Apostles. We have 66 books in the bible and when we read through them, God speaks to us. :)
I read through those books as you do and indeed God speaks to me as I read.

To that point I am with you. From my own experience, what I have been shown in those same books as well as through the testimony of others, I have seen that God also does speak to us as He did to them in the times of the Bible. I believe, that for lack of experience and/or lack of belief in what you have seen or heard you deny these things.

Well, each man must follow what is in his own heart. This is a real problem with faith... but it is the Way God expects us to travel along the highway of holiness. By our faith in God, we can, by the power of the Holy Spirit in us, move mountains according to His will. When our primary faith is in something else, such as the logic or the science of men or ourselves, then we have limited God as the children of Israel of old:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the humility in your answer, but can I ask, has He given you the power to forgive sins, if so would you forgive all Or would you pick and choose a hand full?

Because the Son of God has The power to forgive sins.

No, I have not to my knowledge been given power to forgive sins. I believe He would have let me know on this point. He has not. Jesus, as a man, had that power as expressed in the gospels. He gave that power to some of His followers as also expressed in the gospels.

If we, as men, should need [as God determines need] such a power, would God withhold it from us? I ask it as a question because that is my answer. God will provide whatever is needed when it is needed for His people who are asking of Him not amiss.

Sometimes there are reasons why we should not forgive sins. If we don't understand this, we, with such a power, might forgive when we should not. God knows!

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matt 6:14-15

And in which scenario would He be made manifest?
You will need to clarify this for me. I don't understand what you mean or are asking.