My Lord, My Savior, My King

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
this is an old entry from one of my other blogs that I was reading through and decided to post here.... if anyone reads it, I hope and pray it speaks to you.

My Lord, My Savior, My King
Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:32 pm

Lord...I look upon You and I weep. With every strike of the mallet upon the nail, another tear comes to my eyes as I wince at the pain in my heart, as You gasp at the pain in Your hands and Your feet. How Lord? Why? Why do You consider one such as myself worthy of such sacrifice? Why do You bleed for a sinner as sinful and filthy as myself? How can You look upon me and see me as worthy of being saved? I want to scream, "Save Yourself! Son of God, You command the power of the angels! Order them Lord to destroy those who would see Your destruction upon this instrument of torturous death! This horrible instrument of bloodletting!!! Comand the angels Lord!" And I weep, knowing however, You will not do this. I know You will allow Yourself to die so I might be saved, as unworthy as I am. And I watch as they raise Your cross and nail upon it 'King of the Jews'. And despite the anguish I feel for You a part of me chuckles, not just King of the jews, but King of all mankind.

Yes my Savior, I weep in sadness and despair at this inhuman murderous act inflicted upon You....No....I was wrong. This is NOT inhuman. This is what we have become Lord! This.....is who we are. We could not BE more human than now. We have become a wretched, murderous, adulterous, lying, thieving people! Why does God the Father not strike us down this very hour? It is what we deserve! Yet, God's love is so strong that He would sacrifice You, His only Son to pay for the judgement of our penalty? The price for this penalty is death! We deserve no less!!! My Lord why do You allow this? Oh yes...It is for our salvation. And I thank you Lord, yet the pain You have indured is so great. I saw You whipped and beaten. I saw them place a crown of thorns upon Your head. I saw them mock You and spit upon You, as You carried Your cross...And I see You now up there upon that very same cross struggling to breathe and I wonder how we will survive when You're gone. But, I believe You will return Lord. Soon, to finally set things right.

I weep in both sadness and joy as I hear You speak those final words, my Savior. With those final words spoken by Your mouth as You breathe Your last breath, I know there will be many battles to come. Yet with those words the war itself is over. Those final, beautiful words..."It is finished."

Thank You Jesus. My Lord. My Savior. My King.

Have you ever wondered what it would have been like if you had been present at Christ's crucifixion? What would you have thought? What would you have said? Would you even have been able to look upon Him without falling to your knees in despair? Would you have been able to see through all the tears in your eyes? There is no greater example of love than Christ's suffering for us. Remember that.

God bless

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Thank you so very much 6stringed. This graphic portrayal of Christ crucified tells me much about you. At the center of the universe and all its activities is this Cross. It is the judgment and the hope of all focused in a single solitary place.

Your God and your Savior has allowed you to be crucified with Him in your own mind and thoughts, deepening the truth of the ugly and disgusting thing that, yes, we all are perpetrators of.

I have put forth to my spouse that this memory, this ability to re-enact the murder of our Lord in our minds, and feel the humiliation He felt, may be the touchstone of a true believer. If such an experience cannot be played out in our thoughts, reminding us of our true standing as worthless clay pots, I doubt that much can be given from above to fill in that new creation, and the mind will resist renewing and transformation.
fivesense

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks for reading fivesense. As ugly a thing as the crucifixion of Christ was, I know that without it I would be without hope. It a sad, yet wonderful thing that our Lord has done for us so that we could be saved.