My Mormon psychosis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
An old friend a long time ago, played on my emotional weaknesses, just to turn me to the beliefs he held about the Mormon church. Before that, I used to have very heated debates about his Mormon theology.

But as time past and we became more entangled, his knowledge of my deepest issues gave him the drop on me.

He used my friendship to convince me that all of my issues could be taken away, if I only accepted the Mormon faith.

Of course I believed I needed a solution to my issues, so the idea that what he said could cure me eventually broke my resistance down.

I then started up with the all the formalities the Mormons laid out, until I was baptized and confirmed.

But through that process I became manic, and fell gravely ill.

I do remember that psychotic experience, and the delusion that my daughter was the woman Eve.

I ended up walking the streets out of my mind for almost a week, because that Church exposed me to beliefs that divorced me from my rational thinking skills.

Luckily I got picked up by the authorities, and medicated.

And do you know what my old friend said after I left the hospital, and was stable again?

"I think you flipped out, because the spirit of our Church is mighty & strong"

Well my old friend, just look at me now.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am sorry your friendship was abused and that you were decived into thinking membership of a church would heal you.

May I make two suggestions.

If you are on medication stay on it or if not on medication and the voice return, get back on medication.

2nd, Ask any church/religous organisation that promises to heal you to put it in writing together with what financial compensation they will pay if not healed. Get it witnessed by a lawyer.

God does heal, but not because we say he will.