Need old friend to respond

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to explain why but I found her online and I'm really praying she responds immediately

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't want to explain why but I found her online and I'm really praying she responds immediately

Hi Fluffy/Lady of Fire and Lace,

It is good to see you pop up every now and then. It seems that there is a story behind your desire to reconnect with this particular woman which goes back a number of years now. People ebb and flow in and out of our lives over time, for a reason, as they move on, and we lose contact with them as they get on with living their own lives independently of ours.

You can bless this woman, by asking God to continue drawing her into His loving embrace, and that He will bless her with people around her who are helping her to develop her relationship with God into a much deeper relationship than she has experienced before. That God would protect her as she lives her life and give her the things that she needs to live life to the full with Him by her side.

Oh, Fluffy, I just realised that this prayer is for you also.

Keep your focus on God as you walk daily with Him into His purposes for your life. Keep blessing those around you with whom you are rubbing shoulders with daily. A smile here, a kind word there that speaks into their lives, a building up through encouragement, etc., etc.

May you and she keep on keeping on with Christ for the rest of your days.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Fluffy/Lady of Fire and Lace,

It is good to see you pop up every now and then. It seems that there is a story behind your desire to reconnect with this particular woman which goes back a number of years now. People ebb and flow in and out of our lives over time, for a reason, as they move on, and we lose contact with them as they get on with living their own lives independently of ours.

You can bless this woman, by asking God to continue drawing her into His loving embrace, and that He will bless her with people around her who are helping her to develop her relationship with God into a much deeper relationship than she has experienced before. That God would protect her as she lives her life and give her the things that she needs to live life to the full with Him by her side.

Oh, Fluffy, I just realised that this prayer is for you also.

Keep your focus on God as you walk daily with Him into His purposes for your life. Keep blessing those around you with whom you are rubbing shoulders with daily. A smile here, a kind word there that speaks into their lives, a building up through encouragement, etc., etc.

May you and she keep on keeping on with Christ for the rest of your days.

Shalom
Thanks @Jay Ross .

It seems our sons could be twins... Not angry. Just want to know more about it.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing. I was just thinking earlier today how it's kind of sad that people come into your life for a season and then go out. It's just the way it is.

I recall Jesus' wise answer about whose husband a woman would be in heaven who married 8. None he said for there is no marriage in heaven.

I pray the woman you seek feels it in her heart to reach out to you. Please let us know how it goes.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks @Jay Ross .

It seems our sons could be twins... Not angry. Just want to know more about it.

Ah Fluffy, I did not think that you were angry with this lady. I only thought that you were just wanting to connect with her for some reason. I was not needing to know why. I just had a sense that she also needed to be included in those whom the Lord is drawing to himself. That was the only reason why I was suggesting that you bless her by praying for her that she too finds the same relationship that you have with God. By you praying for her in the same manner as I did in my above post, for you both, God's Blessing will flow into her life as it has in yours. In that way, you would have been a blessing to and for her.

Just keep your eyes focused on God, with eyes and ears opened wide to see and hear what He desires of you in the ministry that you have to bless those around you with your smile and kind words and perhaps an encouraging word from God that He wants you to give to them.

Shalom

Reactions: DuckieLady

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Lord we pray bless this prayer request, let LadyofFireandLace's old friend respond. Lord restore their friendship, and you be glorified. In Jesus precious name, Amen!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May God bring you back in contact with your friend. And may He give you the wisdom and discernment to handle any complications that may arise.

[Edit] After praying about it, I ended up praying for wisdom and discernment for all parties involved: Yourself, your friend, any ex-'es that may or may not be involved... Wisdom may require that your friend not respond to you if now is not the right time.

Oh, and prayers for the well-being of your son and her son.

And love and forgiveness and healing all around.

Life is complicated sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita and DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for your prayers.

I haven't had a response from her, but I don't think she has been on the website in a few months and I don't know when she would return.

If she does respond, I just plan to ask directly.

I'm torn between "there's no way" and "there's no way it's not." I don't know the truth and it's frustrating because I don't want to talk about it too much incase I'm way off.

I could be accusing an innocent person in my heart, but also they look like twins.

I'm okay if I'm right and I'm not okay with everything I'm thinking if I'm not.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And would it matter if you never found out for sure?
Not so much for my sake, but the boys played together when they were toddlers. They were only a couple of months apart.

If they were brothers, I personally would feel like I'm holding back something.

As for any closure regarding infidelity in my previous marriage, I don't really care. It really wouldn't have been anything new or surprising.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so much for my sake, but the boys played together when they were toddlers. They were only a couple of months apart.

If they were brothers, I personally would feel like I'm holding back something.

As for any closure regarding infidelity in my previous marriage, I don't really care. It really wouldn't have been anything new or surprising.
Yeah, but what I'm talking about is not knowing whether a trusted friend betrayed you by engaging in an affair with your husband. You sound like you're willing to forgive her if the worst is true; can you still be friends if you don't know for sure?

Do you even want to still be friends with her?

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, but what I'm talking about is not knowing whether a trusted friend betrayed you by engaging in an affair with your husband. You sound like you're willing to forgive her if the worst is true; can you still be friends if you don't know for sure?

Do you even want to still be friends with her?
Yes, because we were very young and all drinking at the time.

I know she was seriously dealing with loneliness and complaining about it a lot, to everyone. And I have no idea what he was thinking except unfaithfulness was rampant and his friends were not good.

I can forgive and I would like to be friend but I also have something in the back of my mind that thinks, well, even though I trust @SERVANTedu, I still don't like the idea.

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, because we were very young and all drinking at the time.

I know she was seriously dealing with loneliness and complaining about it a lot, to everyone. And I have no idea what he was thinking except unfaithfulness was rampant and his friends were not good.

I can forgive and I would like to be friend but I also have something in the back of my mind that thinks, well, even though I trust @SERVANTedu, I still don't like the idea.

I dont like the idea purely for the fact that it makes you uncomfortable; i dont want the suspicion and potential distrust and friction the friendship could cause.

On the other hand; you can always decide how much you want to allow her into our lives, you set the boundaries. If she's stuck only allowed to communicate via skype or correspond through text there's very little chance she will be about to arouse your jealousy.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah! Fluffy,

Sometimes, not knowing the answer is the best solution. People all move on, and we lose contact with them as their lives become busy where they are living.

In God's eyes, if you are truly repentant of what you did in the past and the complication that evolved back then and have forgiven what took place at that time, including yourself, then lay all of your past at the feet of the Lord to take care of. It seems to me that you are carrying too much baggage from your past and it is becoming a burden for you. Let go of your past and let God do the healing. Allow God to prompt you in the steps that you should be taking. It is far better to bless the people in our past than to heap coals of anger and frustration onto them for the past events that occurred. Seek God's face to help you forgive your past and the people who you knew back then.

Satan always has a habit of bring back our past when we have already dealt with it with God and been given forgiveness by Him.

Even with your past, you are so worthy to be called a child of God who is solely dependent on Him for all of your needs. The person we need to forgive the most is ourselves for what we have done in our past, but God in His forgiveness of you has moved on from that time and is more interested in your responses to Him at this present time as you live His calling on your life today.

I see so much growth in you that shows how you have grown in Christ. Keep pressing into Christ and His purposes just for you.

May the Lord keep you and provide for you on your journey with Him during the rest of your days.

Shalom

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those insecurities derive from your previous experiences with the men in your life. The insecurity will fade with experience in a loving, stable, and faithful relationship. Time and love really can heal.

Reactions: TLHKAJ