New Creation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17.

The moment you recieved Christ and were born again you became a new creation, a new creature was birthed into exsistence. What we have not realized is old things have passed away, behold all things became new. You know what that means? You have a new start, everything in your past is gone, forgotten, put away like it never existed. Anything you lived or did or thought about yourself or even others is gone, done away with like it never exsisted in the world.

Now there will be things to follow a believer from their previous earth life but it is not who they are any more. Any debts to society will be reckoned but there is no life in your past. As a matter of fact you will feel like you are the same person, and your expression hasn't changed, I will put off the same uniqueness still. The things you do and say, or maybe go and the life you did live should will be different.

We now work at living a brand new life, or allow a brand new life as me. The two become one at birth and in expression with time and mental renewal. Seeing the real you is mind knowledge or seeing what happened to you the moment you believed is to allow the mind of Christ room to live. You do not over shadow him, he will over shadow you if he has a way to do that. You cannot keep Christ in you locked up like he is outside of you and you are trying to reach him to get him to react or perform some kind of feat.

It is a waste of time trying to reach for a Christ that just dwells in the fog or somewhere outside of you, and we are trying to see him clearly. It you turn your focus on him who is in you you will see him he is not hiding he is revealed. But there is no life in a outer Christ, when you are searching for a Christ that has sat down at the right hand of the father you will have to look along ways to find him.

So what has passed away? The first thing is your natural birth. Your natural birth past away, the parents that gave you a body, provided a body the natural life is now gone. A complete person will have Christ as their life, they were not complete while in the world. We still look at parents as parents and respect them as such but the new creature has God as their parent by Christ their completion. The father has birthed a new creation and he is the father of that is new creation. The new creation takes two for life.

So what ever you were born with as far as nationality is gone. Whatever made you who you were is gone, it does not matter what you believe about who you were it is gone. Some want to be Italian believers, or maybe German believers, or Native American, but all that is gone. It may come up and be used in ministry or life to further the message but it will never be who you once were. It was never who you were any how but we claimed it by natural birth out of ignorance. A body and culture will never pin point who you were only distract you.

Underline this; you are who you are by a birthing in spirit. No physical bodies involved and no ethnic groups can make you who you are. Only spirit constitutes who you are. You had your first birth with it's nature-spirit (to make you who you were), and the new creation is who you are by nature-spirit (spirit joined to Christ).

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@soul man It all goes back to the new birth, doesn't it? and what the Lord starts He finishes: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ'' (Philippians 1.6).

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man It all goes back to the new birth, doesn't it? and what the Lord starts He finishes: "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ'' (Philippians 1.6).

Yes, the new birth is everything, or everything is in the new birth. That is what makes a Christian. Learning about it is what brings everything we are by the new birth to the forefront of understanding. I have always maintained the new birth, as well as seeing the two nature's is a real key if not the key to understandings the scriptures. As scripture takes on it's proper perspective for a believer, they become easier to read. All the spookiness (believers being mystic), or trying to unravel the mystery so to speak comes to light.

Scripture is not that hard to read in full context, but if we make it out to be impossible to understand and call it a mystery. Quite the opposite of what scripture says ,"the mystery is revealed."

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; - Ephesians 3:3-5.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
soul man I get the gest of what you're saying in Paul's example of old man new man. but its an example. the truth is the Life you receive in Christ always was therefore in reality not new, new to you but its the Life God has been living forever. once there, one walks in the completion or fulfillment of God's Word continuously. ones satisfaction should be in the fulfillment of God's Word.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
soul man I get the gest of what you're saying in Paul's example of old man new man. but its an example. the truth is the Life you receive in Christ always was therefore in reality not new, new to you but its the Life God has been living forever. once there, one walks in the completion or fulfillment of God's Word continuously. ones satisfaction should be in the fulfillment of God's Word.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17.

The creation is new. I know you are seeing something but the scriptures are just not lining up, thanks for commenting I don't want to discourage that.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The creation is new. I know you are seeing something but the scriptures are just not lining up, thanks for commenting I don't want to discourage that.

the Life you receive when born again is from who? and how long has that Life been? therefore in Heaven its nothing new, though yes in you it is because the Presence of God can give Life.

what I'm trying to say is you're looking at one tree at a time instead of what makes up the forest.

are you going to continue in the same old same old that everybody can read for themselves, and never progress, or are you going to take it to the next level?

Reactions: soul man