new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Michiah-Imla ... I'm good with not being part of the legalist camp... thanks anyways.
I have been victim to the belief system of which you and others promote and it is a very
nasty place....full of darkness... judgement and hypocrisy... I found GRACE... and the ONE who
died for my sins.

I'm actually off to the store to pick up a huge beach chair....and a thermos... I have decided to move to the BEACH...
It's a beautiful day... and I am tenderly and completely LOVED by CHRIST.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I have no Problem with evangelical preaching to TRUST the Lord God...nor in the least do I believe TRUST is the LIMIT of evangelical teaching.

taken said; "How one continues to receive the Lords "Forgiveness....FOR WHAT exactly"?
Please answer that."

The penalty of sin is dealt with, but God wants to save us from actual sin....Another words He wants to get the Hell out of us...lol
[/QUOTE]

Do you understand the basic concept of LAW, (any law)?

In Brief;
There is Positive Law and Negative Law and Punitive Law.

* Positive Law is a requirement of what you MUST DO.
* Negative Law is a requirement of what you
MUST NOT DO.
* Punitive Law is the "Consequence" (punishment) for violating a Positive or Negative Law.

Consequences regarding Positive or Negative Laws...can be a PUNISHMENT or a REWARD.

When Jesus fulfilled "the Law", (being portions of Mosaic Law).... the NEGATIVE, punitative consequence FOR violating the law BECAME MOOT, (irrelevant).

Meaning...the mosaic law, revealed a messiah would appear...once Christ Jesus the Messiah appeared...that law was fulfilled... ACCOMPLISHED...The LAW was no longer required to be again and again and again fulfilled. The Fulfillment of the Law, by default made the "negative punitive consequences" irrelevant, disregarded, (Moot)
In short, you can not legally have a punishment for a law that no longer requires fulfillment.

A Converted man, has "according to the Lord Gods WAY / WORD", fulfilled the requirement to Become Made converted....
The penal negative consequence of an "unconverted" man...NO long applies to the Converted man.
...Soul sent to hell, rejected by God, subject to Gods Wrath, raised in damnation, continual sin, blah, blah....Do not apply to a Converted man.

ANOTHER WORDS HE DEALT WITH THE PENALTY OF OUR DEEDS, SO WE CAN, AND WHILE WE ARE BE/BEING TRANSFORMED.

A Converted man IS already "transformed", according to Gods Understanding...and ours, IF we trust His word...A new creature.
Meaning, IF a man HAS become Converted, a man may not SEE his physical transformation...However IF God says YOU "ARE"...His word spoken is already done according to His Understanding and what HE CAN SEE.
We are "waiting" for "spiritual eyes to SEE", and while we "wait", we are not "hoping", but rather we are "trusting", He IS faithful and true, and that WHEN, on the DAY HE chooses, He shall give us Spiritual EYES to SEE, that which we trusted to believe.

YOU SEE GOD'S LOVE IS PERFECT WHAT HE GIVES US IS GRACE TO GROW....

Fully aware of Gods Perfection, and Earthly man is NOT.
An Earthly man is not Perfect...However God has perfected a Converted mans soul and spirit. And your body? A hunk of flesh and bones from dust...not yet perfected (and cosmetic surgery can not help! Ha).
And WHY a converted man, still has a struggle...
* Spiritually we LIVE "in Christ Jesus'" perfected body....and a mystery....we still live in our physical earthly body.

We have thoughts...in our heart, which is our spirit.
We have thoughts...in our minds, which is in our brains.
A converted mans hearts thoughts ... BY the Power of God and our election via confession to God....have become CHANGED.
* And our flesh carnal minds? Nice thoughts, Stupid thoughts popping in our minds, evil thoughts, devious thoughts, cunning thoughts???
THAT"S OUR "job", to use the "tools" "gifts" power given us by God... (a quickened spirit in our hearts)....to MAKE OUR OWN CARNAL MINDS subservant to the thoughts of our new creature, new perfected spirits thoughts in our hearts!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
new version of OSAS?
OP ^

No. there is no "new version" of being Saved ONCE and Forever.

Men are not "kinda" saved, then "kinda" not saved.

Men who ARE Saved, ARE Saved Forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
For me, the gospel too is simple, Jesus Christ.

The gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.
Then if we all are saved then why do we live?
Why are We here....

On its own what good is Good News if you do not receive the benifits of it, for the purpose it is intended...

I disagree with you.....
For How do you enter the kingdom unless you repent.....(even if God brings you to repentance as you said earlier)

Therefore do you not "do" by receiving?
And after, do you not do by acting with the good news?

Recall:For the hearers of the law are not righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.

What I see in this is "if the good news is about the availability of life in the kingdom under rule of the son of God our Lord and savior, then we must remain under the Kings rule....therefore remaining is something we do, even Tong if it is with the Spirit, so yes we play a part. We are not Robots, we have free will.

No one will ever say they did anything without God....nor can we.

Just as I said......earlier in a post: Jesus finished the work. It was Jesus that died and Rose and lives forever. None of us did that.

But we must walk in His finished work..
Therefore, He is the beginning and the end
And the Spirit guides us to stay on the path.
It is the journey that is salvation(life) Therefore staying on the path to Life is our life.[joy,peace, how we remain in the father and the son]

You see there is nothing we do without Him...but there are things we do with Him..

He says: Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Find out what a yoke is.....

So do we do the Gospel, yes...because we believe with the intent to act......Jesus said the words He spoke were Spirit and life...We must eat from Jesus to live.....[to eat of Him is something we do]...
The point remains, the gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.

The children of God are not citizens of this world, but their citizenship is in heaven. We are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works. And so, since we will yet be brought home to heaven, we ought to walk in good works. Others say, by doing good works, we will be justified and be saved. But that is wrong, for we have already been saved. Those good works were prepared beforehand by God. He prepared them, exactly for the purpose that we should walk in them.

Tong
R3736

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After he had expelled the man, the LORD God placed winged angels at the eastern end of the garden of Eden, along with a fiery whirling sword, to prevent access to the tree of life. (Gen 3:24 ISV)

Adams's punishment is that he was permanently barred from the tree of eternal life.

So it is with all those who disobey the Almighty.
Yes.

So he was forced to receive the new tree of life. Gods provision. to receive life. the same one we are forced to receive if we are to have life

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 8
The point remains, the gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.

The children of God are not citizens of this world, but their citizenship is in heaven. We are God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works. And so, since we will yet be brought home to heaven, we ought to walk in good works. Others say, by doing good works, we will be justified and be saved. But that is wrong, for we have already been saved. Those good works were prepared beforehand by God. He prepared them, exactly for the purpose that we should walk in them.

Tong
R3736
To save you from what....?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R3736

Christ is the end of the law for all who believe...

BELIEVE IS SOMETHING YOU DO...IT IS A VERB,

SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING TONG IS THE GOSPEL SAVES you IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE...

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R3736

Yes/no, ..... what you cant get passed is if you do not believe it will not save you....

As quoted:
"The familiar words of Jesus are “Without me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). But these must be balanced by the insight that, in general, if we do nothing it will certainly be without him." Dallas

Why do you think that way..it is because how you have been evangelized....

You still missing the fact of the meaning of grace: while yes it is unmerited...meaning you do not earn it....not that there is no effort involved.

As quoted for you before: grace is opposed to earning not effort.

WILLARD-
"Divine grace is God acting in our life to accomplish what we cannot do on our own. It informs our being and actions and makes them effective in the wisdom and power of God. Hence, grace is not opposed to effort (our actions) but to earning (our attitude).”

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

BRILLIANT words.... words of TRUTH.... It's all about what HE has done... the "works" that flow from that TRUTH are based on GRATITUDE and LOVE to our Lord and SAVIOUR. So simple that even a child can understand.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
1st John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

1st John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.
Yes John wrote that to them so that they will not sin. He did not say, he wrote that to them so that they will be saved from hell.

Tong
R3737

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 3425

the gospel is not what you and I should do but is what God had done to save you and me.

Do you read the Bible anymore?

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:14)

"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:37-38)

"But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance." (Acts 26:20)

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." (Romans 8:13)

"Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1 Corinthians 6:8-9)

So get to reading and be not deceived my friend.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R3736
Let's look at the passage that brings confusion.

Turn with Me to EPHESIANS 2

Tong
R3736
Titus
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

This is How we...were given new life...[when you were dead in sin] (those born from above)

Now what you do with the new life is key
For we no longer have to be a slave to sin....when we have received our new nature,
The life giving Spirit.

Now.....watch what scripture says after receiving the Spirit....and Remember this also those that are led by the Spirit are sons of God.

for if you are living according to the [impulses of the] flesh, you are going to die. But if [you are living] by the [power of the Holy] Spirit you are habitually putting to death the sinful deeds of the body, you will [really] live forever. AMPLIFIED VERSION

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not really @Addy

The scriptures I posted in reply to @Tong2020 brilliantly destroy his vain words.
LOL @@@ you..... I bought my nice little beach chair this morning.... OH my... it is beautiful.... and I also bought a thermos...
This is the first thermos I have OWNED as an ADULT.... How exciting!!!!!!!! I made coffee... put it in the themos... and NOW...
I am off to the beach which I live right next to.... with my bible... and I am going to PRAISE and WORSHIP JESUS.... the one
who has SAVED me.... and keeps me saved.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post# 3425

Do you read the Bible anymore?

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:14)

"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:37-38)

"But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance." (Acts 26:20)

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." (Romans 8:13)

"Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (1 Corinthians 6:8-9)

So get to reading and be not deceived my friend.
I had to rethink...what He said.....and the way OSAS doctrine shaped His question.

The Gospel alone....I believe He is saying is what Jesus did alone...and in that thought I figure is He is saying we didn't die Jesus died....and if you believe this, that Jesus did it all....then you Do nothing.........why because Jesus did it all.....

And that view is because of How He was evangelized. THIS IS THE BOX THAT ALL THE SCRIPTURES ON SALVATION IS VIEWED THROUGH UNDER MANY OSASERS...THAT BOX

Reactions: Michiah-Imla