new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Feast on that Ferris and put those hands up, here's a warning....he is just about finished....learn from this well taught man while you still have a chance don't waste the opportunity like Mr. lucky repentance who seams to have left and wasted such a great opportunity? lets be Bereans together and look into what this man says

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain to me how you saying grace makes it so you can sin willfully and not be damned with the wicked is different than Jude's 'license for immorality'.

Please put on your “ thinking cap” .....try to understand my next post #1400...if you don’t “ get it “ I’m afraid I’m just about done with you and your ilk” ......

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feast on that Ferris and put those hands up, here's a warning....he is just about finished....learn from this well taught man while you still have a chance don't waste the opportunity like Mr. lucky repentance who seams to have left and wasted such a great opportunity? lets be Bereans together and look into what this man says

And some silly, confused guy wondered where my “ Non-existent friends” were ? My KIWI friend proves that God has blessed people throughout this Planet with Spiritual Insight that reject Religion and the Leaven Spreaders That espouse it....

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new Osas says you have this license to sin. It says that's what grace is for

Wow, Ferris! Calm down ! You’re gonna bust a vein ! You are really getting carried away...

Seriously.... in your heart of hearts ....do you REALLY think this is what I promote in here? Do you REALLY think that I believe that God sacrificed His Son on the Cross to obtain Grace for the purpose of Sinning and getting away with it somehow?

You are not a stupid man and you know that even though we disagree, I am not an evil mad- man.....you know I am not crazy.....only a crazy man would believe what you accuse me Of.....

I go with OSAS NOT because I WANT to sin and want permission to do so, enjoy it, and get away with it....I go with OSAS because I know that despite the new desires that stem from my New Heart, Despite the fact that I hate the sins that used to never bother me.....DESPITE those things, I have enough sense to know that I “ WILL” sin again.....I need Grace....I have to have Grace or I am a Goner....so are you . If you don’t see the need for the Grace Of God every hour of every day.....you do not understand what Sin is .....you are living in a Fool’s Paradise........sin is in your very DNA....I am like Paul in this regard—- “ I don’t hold back the Grace of God”

Those that depend on their Performance —-Thinking That they have a Performance that no longer needs Grace after they got “ saved” are Lost.

Those that admit that they are sinners and have the need for Grace .....those that understand it.....are not prone to try to take advantage of it ......they thank God for it though.... and when they succumb to the sins that “ so easily beset us” ......God does not like it and He will punish it .....but I bet he beams with delight when the Saved Sinner BOLDLY goes to the Throne Of GRACE and and receives the Mercy brought about by The Shed Blood Of His Son .....It shows the Confidence and the Faith that one actually has in His Savior....Sin never pleases God but he can be very pleased by our Response to it ....That Grace is the cure for Sin....it makes you want to sin less ....knowing that A loving God will forgive you when He does not have to and when you sure as heck don’t deserve it .....that is what Spurs gratitude and aLove for God and that “ love” is the Engine that drives Obedience and the diminishing of the Sin in a Believer’s Life .....NOT by doubling- down and going back to the Law that can only “ stir - up” that old Sin Nature .....The Law was given so that “ Sin would increase” and show one the NEED for the True Cure for it......Grace.

If you can’t “ get” this you are in Severe Jeopardy when it comes to getting Saved.....it’s God's Way and you either understand it or you do not.....I’m just about finished with the Religionist that scratches his head over all of this and just does not “ get” it.....Im tired of “ casting pearls before swine” .....if the shoe fits—- wear it!

Do you believe that once saved, we can live a lifestyle of sin and not lose that salvation?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't you know that Jesus called the Pharisees and Scribes... "hypocrites," "your father the devil who is a murderer from the beginning" etc. Aren't we suppose to emulate His words and actions?

To God Be The Glory
No, I never knew that. I never read the Bible. That's why I like to hang out here. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""IF"" you are really saved you will not live a lifestyle of sin.

One can easily begin to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved.

Then there are the ones who feel its ok to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved because those who teach the false gospel of OSAS have essentually told them they can. I mean why not? "Once saved always saved", they have nothing to lose.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Address the scripture .....

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And some silly, confused guy wondered where my “ Non-existent friends” were ? My KIWI friend proves that God has blessed people throughout this Planet with Spiritual Insight that reject Religion and the Leaven Spreaders That espouse it....

Calm down ! You’re gonna bust a vein ! You are really getting carried away........Thanks. His comment gave me a laugh, you have so many friends I bet you can't keep up with all the fishing trips offered.... Do you realize how many people almost want to hang out with you....lol. I mean it as a compliment, I have seen people really angry, like their biggest nemesis, And they say stuff like if you just stop sinning you would probably be really fun to hang out with...lol

I appreciate the effort you put in here, even with your profound Christianity 101 posts that some get so riled up about, Your posts have a lot of wit and humour, it's really refreshing, brings some joy to a tough environment

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with claiming that one who is saved is not necessarily saved forever, is it is not against that person, but against God. Such a claim is to say that God is not the same yesterday, today and forever.
Straw man.

God exclaims that He changes not in juxtaposition to the nature of fallen humanity, who change with the seasons. Otherwise, there would no point in His declaring it. We change. Some of us walk away from Him. Spiritualizing real issues is dangerous.

"God is not mocked."

Yet, fools mock God all the time. So "God is not mocked" cannot be taken ultra-literally. Yet people will take phrases and sentences like this and quite easily twist their true meaning to fit their favored dogma.

"God is not mocked" is not the whole truth. God is not mocked with impunity is.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you think we can live a lifestyle of sin after we're saved, wthout repenting, and still go to heaven?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""IF"" you are really saved you will not live a lifestyle of sin.
So our salvation depends on our sincerity at the time we said the sinner's prayer. Bunk. No assurance at all. What's the yardstick for "really saved?" How do we know? Where is the assurance?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Address the scripture .....

To whom are you speaking? If me, will you address the scripture in the post you are answeing to?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the yardstick for "really saved?" How do we know? Where is the assurance?

Jesus gives us an idea of tjat yardstick in the following:

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gives us an idea of tjat yardstick in the following:

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."
An idea of a yardstick does not a yardstick make. :)