new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new Osas says you have this license to sin. It says that's what grace is for

Wow, Ferris! Calm down ! You’re gonna bust a vein ! You are really getting carried away...

Seriously.... in your heart of hearts ....do you REALLY think this is what I promote in here? Do you REALLY think that I believe that God sacrificed His Son on the Cross to obtain Grace for the purpose of Sinning and getting away with it somehow?

You are not a stupid man and you know that even though we disagree, I am not an evil mad- man.....you know I am not crazy.....only a crazy man would believe what you accuse me Of.....

I go with OSAS NOT because I WANT to sin and want permission to do so, enjoy it, and get away with it....I go with OSAS because I know that despite the new desires that stem from my New Heart, Despite the fact that I hate the sins that used to never bother me.....DESPITE those things, I have enough sense to know that I “ WILL” sin again.....I need Grace....I have to have Grace or I am a Goner....so are you . If you don’t see the need for the Grace Of God every hour of every day.....you do not understand what Sin is .....you are living in a Fool’s Paradise........sin is in your very DNA....I am like Paul in this regard—- “ I don’t hold back the Grace of God”

Those that depend on their Performance —-Thinking That they have a Performance that no longer needs Grace after they got “ saved” are Lost.

Those that admit that they are sinners and have the need for Grace .....those that understand it.....are not prone to try to take advantage of it ......they thank God for it though.... and when they succumb to the sins that “ so easily beset us” ......God does not like it and He will punish it .....but I bet he beams with delight when the Saved Sinner BOLDLY goes to the Throne Of GRACE and and receives the Mercy brought about by The Shed Blood Of His Son .....It shows the Confidence and the Faith that one actually has in His Savior....Sin never pleases God but he can be very pleased by our Response to it ....That Grace is the cure for Sin....it makes you want to sin less ....knowing that A loving God will forgive you when He does not have to and when you sure as heck don’t deserve it .....that is what Spurs gratitude and aLove for God and that “ love” is the Engine that drives Obedience and the diminishing of the Sin in a Believer’s Life .....NOT by doubling- down and going back to the Law that can only “ stir - up” that old Sin Nature .....The Law was given so that “ Sin would increase” and show one the NEED for the True Cure for it......Grace.

If you can’t “ get” this you are in Severe Jeopardy when it comes to getting Saved.....it’s God's Way and you either understand it or you do not.....I’m just about finished with the Religionist that scratches his head over all of this and just does not “ get” it.....Im tired of “ casting pearls before swine” .....if the shoe fits—- wear it!
I just can't help but ask: Why must you call people names?

And what does Romans 2:13 mean?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straw man.

God exclaims that He changes not in juxtaposition to the nature of fallen humanity, who change with the seasons. Otherwise, there would no point in His declaring it. We change. Some of us walk away from Him. Spiritualizing real issues is dangerous.

"God is not mocked."

Yet, fools mock God all the time. So "God is not mocked" cannot be taken ultra-literally. Yet people will take phrases and sentences like this and quite easily twist their true meaning to fit their favored dogma.

"God is not mocked" is not the whole truth. God is not mocked with impunity is.
Well...thanks for being so clear! Name-calling, and speaking against the spiritualizing nature of God who "is spirit." That's all quite clear.

But no, you are not defining God or salvation or eternal life correctly. Salvation is when one comes to be One with God (just as Jesus prayed), at which point what they are is forever, just as God is forever.

So, yes, "God is not mocked." But you have it all backwards.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'd suggest you get a dictionary and look up "lifestyle"

You are clearly dodging the question, but I expected as much.

lol no I need your definition so I can define your terms, ok Dictionary = the way in which a person lives.

We were born in Sin, the world is sinful, The lord's prayer asks to forgive our sins, IF anyone sins we have an advocate Jesus Christ the righteous, of course someone can live in Sin( it depends how you want to define it) but no matter how you twist it yes u can, They can even cut Fellowship off somewhat, Will the Good Sheppard go and find the Sheep that is Lost, The question could be will a person stay in that sin forever, I doubt it but scripture clearly shows you can get taken home early, God dealt with payment for sin 2000 years ago, God will deal with his Children however he chooses

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture please.
This is where I am temped to respond as Jesus responded seven times, saying, "Have you not read" (what is written)?

But, I digress. You said, "please."

John 17:22
"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one"

2 Timothy 2:10
"Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory."

1 Peter 5:10
"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where I am temped to respond as Jesus responded seven times, saying, "Have you not read" (what is written)?

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one"

"Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory."

"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."

Ok, now what do those scriptures mean to you?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Mine is the same as the dictionary, now stop evading the very simple question. And if you choose to ignore context and plsy games, that is up to you. Your evasion will speak for itself.

What the.... I answered yes, I had to define my terms because you wouldn't...This game of you accuse And I try and explain is dumb...what is the new question? my evasion will speak for itself? ummmm No

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The point of this thread js OSAS.

You are saying we must be one with God in order to be saved, and most of us know that. Before I go on, is what you are talking about related to the topic?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, now what do those scriptures mean to you?
What, are we playing volleyball?

I paraphrased the scriptures to explain the truth of salvation, which is what they mean, to me and otherwise. You asked for the actual scriptures to support my doing so, which I did. Now you want me to go back and restate what they mean? That is what I did first...which means it is you who should go back. Please do.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the.... I answered yes, I had to define my terms because you wouldn't...This game of you accuse And I try and explain is dumb...what is the new question? my evasion will speak for itself? ummmm No

You answered? I saw no answer. Here, lets try again, yes or no:

Do you think we can live a lifestyle of sin after we're saved, wthout repenting, and still go to heaven?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, are we playing volleyball?

I paraphrased the scriptures to explain the truth of salvation, which is what they mean, to me and otherwise. You asked for the actual scriptures to support my doing so, which I did. Now you want me to go back and restate what they mean? That is what I did first...which means it is you who should go back. Please do.

No, you need restate nothing, just needed to know what exactly we were discussing.

I think we are on a different topic, one I do not disagree with, best I can tell.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Not allowed? By whom?
By God.
So, you mean to say that God does not allow one to be, that he can at will, become a child of the devil, then become a child of God, then become a child of the devil, then become a child of God.

But while you say that, you also believe that the child of God can reject Christ unto unbelief, and after, he can believe again. What do you call that, except that the child of God, in unbelief became a child of the devil, when he believe again, he becomes again a child of God? And still, after that, do you not, in your belief, believe that he can still reject Christ if he wills? So, in your belief, there is that cycle. But then you say that God don’t allow that. You should choose what of the two is your view and position.

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Tong
R3453