new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Is that your answer to the question?
It depends. Is it a good answer?
My question was, “What does it mean to you to be under grace?”

Your answer “That I can sin all I want, on purpose in unbelief, and I'm still saved?”

So, is that what it means to you to be under grace? If so, then with your belief, that would put you to be not under grace. Or are you going to say you are under grace?

Tong

R3454

Reactions: HisLife

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You answered? I saw no answer. Here, lets try again, yes or no:

Your looking at sin, I'm pointing to the Saviour Who died for our sins, We are not on the same page so I can't answer your preconceived Questions

But you want me to Go away from Scripture and answer your

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Let me ask you a question let's see if you answer? If a Child of God we will call little lamb had wandered off, or was lost, or even was about to be attacked from a wild animal, Would Jesus Been the Good Shepard Go and Rescue That little lamb? or let it fend for itself and die because its the lambs own fault. What Did you see Jesus Do When the Disciples were wandering off not knowing Jesus would raise from the dead?

John 20:29 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Sounds outrageous, they were confused and wandering out of town without knowing that he would raise from the dead? Jesus went and set them straight, in the new ministration God can do this through his Spirit to His Childs no Problems there, Why is it your concern?

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can easily begin to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved.

Then there are the ones who feel its ok to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved because those who teach the false gospel of OSAS have essentually told them they can. I mean why not? "Once saved always saved", they have nothing to lose.
Again!!! "IF" You are really saved you will not choose to live a life of sin and feel very heavy convection and punishment.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Nope, not with those He created in Christ Jesus.

In the Hebrews 6:4-6 passage under consideration, there is nothing about hardening yourself nor is there anything about God not allowing coming back.
Your #1 problem is you do not consider the whole of scripture when reading the Bible.

Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts Hebrews 3:15

They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 2 Thessalonians 2:10-11

They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts Ephesians 4:18
You have to stop considering reformed theology when you read the Bible and start considering the Bible itself when reading the Bible. Filter the Bible through the Bible itself. Don't filter the Bible through your theology.
The problem is that you seem not to understand what the Hebrew 6 passage under consideration is saying. That happens when one is not able to tell those who were created by God in Christ Jesus from those who are not. Let me quote that again here for you.

Hebrews 6:4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,

if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

What do you hear verse 6 is saying? What do you suppose do those to whom the writer of Hebrews is writing to, understand of verse 6 in that passage?

Tong
R3455

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that depend on their Performance —-Thinking That they have a Performance that no longer needs Grace after they got “ saved” are Lost.
Who would that be? No one here believes that you trade in God's grace for your own performance after you get saved. I advocate continuing to believe/trust in Christ all the way to the end. So I don't know why you continually ride that pony in these threads.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then there are the ones who feel its ok to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved because those who teach the false gospel of OSAS have essentually told them they can.
In all fairness, it is the new Osas that teaches that. The old Osas said if you live in a lifestyle of sin after you were born again that means you weren't ever really born again. I believe that, too, except I think even genuinely saved people can also go back to their old life of sin and unbelief.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In all fairness, it is the new Osas that teaches that. The old Osas said if you live in a lifestyle of sin after you were born again that means you weren't ever really born again. I believe that, too, except I think even genuinely saved people can also go back to their old life of sin and unbelief.

In all Fairness, the ones that have taught me about this "new" OSAS is you and Justbyfaithandluckyrepentanceandwatercomandments....etc, we dont need multiple osas We just need to teach the Gospel about Jesus, Jesus was sinless,Jesus laid his life down as a sacrifice, Jesus died for our sins was buried and rose from the grave, Because he lives We live also ( By Grace are we saved) Through Faith not of works so no man can boast....that rules us out and That Leaves Jesus, let's look to the Work OF Jesus and Give all praise to him as he is the head of the Church that Deserves all Glory, in all things be thankful so thanks for springboards as well that help to get the Gospel out into the world

Reactions: JunChosen

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That I can sin all I want, on purpose in unbelief, and I'm still saved?

Its answers like this it's hard to take you seriously, it seems like the perfect opportunity to show the hope that is in you but you turn such an important Question into ridicule...But then again When is the grand reveal? Or do we have to wait or can I play the guessing game?

Reactions: JunChosen

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I never knew that. I never read the Bible. That's why I like to hang out here. :rolleyes:

It's good to hang out with fellow believers don't it? Are you learning more now by reading the Bible?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again!!! "IF" You are really saved you will not choose to live a life of sin and feel very heavy convection and punishment.

Prove it.

Here is proof you can. The following were reall saved, and abandoned the faith...simple.

1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

By saying they can go back to their sin, you are saying the truely born again can fall away, so you essentially agree with me.

I believe no one is truly made it till they endure til the end.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your looking at sin, I'm pointing to the Saviour Who died for our sins, We are not on the same page so I can't answer your preconceived Questions

But you want me to Go away from Scripture and answer your

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Let me ask you a question let's see if you answer? If a Child of God we will call little lamb had wandered off, or was lost, or even was about to be attacked from a wild animal, Would Jesus Been the Good Shepard Go and Rescue That little lamb? or let it fend for itself and die because its the lambs own fault. What Did you see Jesus Do When the Disciples were wandering off not knowing Jesus would raise from the dead?

John 20:29 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

Sounds outrageous, they were confused and wandering out of town without knowing that he would raise from the dead? Jesus went and set them straight, in the new ministration God can do this through his Spirit to His Childs no Problems there, Why is it your concern?

Then you are saying we can sin continually without repentance and still go to heaven, or not?

Lets try an example:

Once saved can we live in adultry for the rest of our lives without repenting or ceasing, and still make it to heaven when we die?

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Lets try an example:

Once saved can we live in adultry for the rest of our lives without repenting or ceasing, and still make it to heaven when we die?

I said Yes to your first question and that would be a yes to your second one as well....I can give you an example from scripture if you need one but these traps are dumb its a yes again, now I think of it it probably happens far too much sadly, It affects individuals, it affects families, communities, Marriage is a foundation of society everyone gets affected when the family unit breaks down, Salvation was secured by Jesus not on any criteria of our works, Man cannot undo What Jesus Blood Achieved

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can easily begin to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved.

Then there are the ones who feel its ok to live a lifestyle of sin after they are saved because those who teach the false gospel of OSAS have essentually told them they can. I mean why not? "Once saved always saved", they have nothing to lose.

....or.....sin to your Heart’s content.....then later that night...say a prayer to let God know you are sorry about that sin before you fall asleep and you can just wake up tomorrow “ good to go! “ I mean “ Why not?” ......If you have the Super Memory and the LUCK to repent of all of your sins before you die, you are covered .....right? You have nothing to lose...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that once saved, we can live a lifestyle of sin and not lose that salvation?

Yes, I believe that.Once a man is Saved , the Believer is free to do what he “ wants” .....just like last weekend ( party time!) I drank as much whiskey as I wanted—— none.

Rest in the Gospel.....get Gods Spirit in you by doing that simple act of Faith and if you let that Spirit hang around long enough He will do as Promised and TRANSFORM you from the inside out....you will discover that over time, “your” wants will line up with “ HIS” wants.....Anybody can “turn over a New Leaf” .....That is the domain of the Religionist , who merely “ Apes” what he sees a True Born- Again man do.....he sees the outside behavioral changes in a Reborn man and copies that , totally oblivious to the Source that us responsible for that behavior change—- the Holy Spirit That was obtained by “Trusting”—— NOT “ Trying”......

It’s all about that “ inside of the Cup” thingy that Jesus talked about —- the Polar Opposite of what many think—- those that have not been Saved who still live in the “ Fool’s Paradise” , thinking they can Merit Heaven by their “Morality” or by keeping the Law—— Anything to make themselves “ worthy”—- “ that” is Religion.....Christians Know that they are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb—- “ That is Christianity.....knowing the difference determines Heaven or Hell....
All ya really gotta do is to actually BELEVE that song you sing most Sundays....it REALLY IS, “ Nothing But The Blood”...... did you get that? The song said “Nothing”. Believe that as if your Eternal Fate depended on it—- it does.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said Yes to your first question and that would be a yes to your second one as well....I can give you an example from scripture if you need one but these traps are dumb its a yes again, now I think of it it probably happens far too much sadly, It affects individuals, it affects families, communities, Marriage is a foundation of society everyone gets affected when the family unit breaks down, Salvation was secured by Jesus not on any criteria of our works, Man cannot undo What Jesus Blood Achieved

Ok, you are clearly stating we can live as an adulterer and still go to heaven, while the bible clearly states adulterers will not make it to heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9–10
ESV

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

You are essentually stating we can do all those things and still go to heaven, just the opposite of what the Bible states....why? I personally would be terrified to teach something that is so dangerous to others as well as clearly untruthful.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our source Book of Truth is the Bible. Where are your Scripture references? Act like you know what you are talking about and STOP giving Satan too much credit!!!

I'll give you a secret.. Satan has nothing on born again believers!

To God Be The Glory
You didn't answer my question. "If OSAS is true why does the NT warn CHRISTIANS over and over?"

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe in ” Religion” .....I go out of my way to be UNRELIGIOUS ....I’d rather be a Christian.

Religion says “DO” —- Christianity says “Done”

Understanding the difference could be Heaven or Hell
Your OSAS license to sin has been revoked?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So our salvation depends on our sincerity at the time we said the sinner's prayer. Bunk. No assurance at all. What's the yardstick for "really saved?" How do we know? Where is the assurance?

Just pass the “Test” that I am sure you are ignorant of......you and a BUNCH of other so- called “teachers” in here......I mentioned it several days ago , so I will not be surprised if some claim that they knew about it all along.....most likely , they didn’t .....they won’t believe it anyway, so who really cares....