Romans 11 and the real Replacement Theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the Hebrew word [ru^ach]. Do you deny that man has that type of spirit?
Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath [neshamah] of life [chayay]; and man became a living being [nephesh].

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so in my mind the 4 verses below fit perfectly. Every single person I know has told me about Romans 7 when I tell them I do not believe Paul taught about a "sin nature" for the Christian. What Paul talks about in the seventh chapter of Romans is what occurs to the believer who still thinks the Law applies to them. They end up spiritually dying by the commandment and realize that the commandment does not produce life. The war is with their flesh because they are still believing the Law has power over them. In the eighth chapter of Romans is where it explains how we overcome this whole issue by living in the spirit and being dead to the Law. We cannot live by faith in what Christ has done for us and still think our obedience to written laws are necessary. To do so takes away from the perfect work of Christ and places salvation and righteousness back in our own hands.

Romans 6:2
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:6
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 5:16,18
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Believe what you will. I do not agree. The indwelling Holy Spirit doesn't change who we are; He helps us live differently in obeying the law of God. We are not under the law for salvation, but we still are under the obligation to obey the relevant laws of God.

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe what you will. I do not agree. The indwelling Holy Spirit doesn't change who we are; He helps us live differently in obeying the law of God. We are not under the law for salvation, but we still are under the obligation to obey the relevant laws of God.

Rom 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
I plugged into something when the devil spirits started obeying me without me using my voice. This I could never do with my soul.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain a little bit more what you mean here.
We are talking about being in the spirit and there is much confusion about the difference of "soul" and "spirit" because the Greek words are similar and both have a form of life. The Catholics teach the soul is what goes to heaven and that's a red flag for me because the Catholics have never been right about anything. I think the "soul" is just breath life. I could be wrong on this one as we are all a bit confused on this subject. But what I do know is that I'm in the spirit. I walk in it and function in it. And the devil spirits know that I'm in the spirit which is in my mind 100 percent proof that I plugged into something. I write quite a bit about the spirit here... www.carb-fat.com/walking-by-the-spirit.html