• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
it's a mistery
i also want to know

devin and those like him, can only mislead you, and will be allowed to on this Forum.
I wont do that to you.

Let me explain what devin is confused about, so that you are not confused by this person's deceptive theology.

I'll explain it accurately, >theologically, using a parable that is not just an Analogy, that was taught by Jesus.

Let me set up the 4 parts of the theology for you, reader.

1. spirits in prison

2. hell

3. paradise

4. Abraham's bosom.

Now.....Here is how all this fits together, theologically.

In the OLD Testament, you have a place that is called "Abraham's Bosom".......Its where the Old Testament Saint's (Spirits) went after they died.
They didnt go to heaven, as they had not been redeemed by the Blood of Jesus, as the Cross was not available to them Yet.
This place, of waiting, is not punishment.......so, its not Hell.....its not Judgement.
Its this place....= "paradise".
"Paradise", in the context of "Abraham's bosom" is the same place.
"Paradise" = "Abraham's Bosom".
Peter speaks of it, when he writes : "the spirits in prison"
He calls it a prison, because they can't get out until the Redeemer come's there to free them.
This is Christ, their/our Redeemer.

Now, on the Cross, Jesus said to the Dying Thief....>"today, you will be with ME, ....= in Paradise.
See that?
He's going there. Both of them.

See "paradise"?.... Jesus is not going to Heaven right after He dies......He's going to Hell and to Paradise.
Jesus goes to Hell, because that is where you will go, if you are not born again, as that is judgement for your Sin.
Jesus, "became sin" on the Cross, and he has to pay the full price for your redemption.....which means He has to go to Hell for you.
And he did.......but he didnt stay there.
He also went to "paradise"....where the Old Testament Saints were waiting for their redemption as : "spirits in prison".... This is not hell.....This is paradise, ...its "Abraham's Bosom". Its a separate place.
The verse says that Jesus preached "to the spirits in prison".......that is Christ, after dying on the Cross ALSO going there to deal with the Old Testament saints... This is the 'preached to the spirit's in Prison".
See, they are not in their body, as they are dead......Their body is dead, but they exist as we all do, as a eternal spirit. And their Spirit went to "paradise" (Abraham's Bosom)..not hell. Jesus went to both. The dying Thief went only to "Paradise"....which is Abraham's Bosom.

Now, let me show you that "paradise" is not "Hell", as devin is going to try to continue to convince you that Hell is temporary, as that is what his "church".... has led him to believe.

Now notice these verses given by JESUS, and see how they complete the teaching i gave you......how it fits perfectly.

9: There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21: And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22: And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into ABRAHAMS's BOSOM: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23: And in HELL he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus IN HIS BOSOM

24: And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25: But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26: AND BESIDE ALL THIS, BETWEEN US THERE IS A GREAT GULF THAT IS FIXED , THAT THEY WHICH WOULD PASS FROM HERE TO YOU CANNOT,....NEITHER CAN THEY PASS TO US.....that would come from there """".

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now..
Did you read that carefully, reader?
This is Jesus teaching that there is HELL, where the rich man is, and there is Paradise, which is "Abraham's Bosom" where Lazarus is waiting.
2 different places.
And Abraham, who is in paradise, (Abraham's Bosom) tells the rich man who is in the other place = HELL, where the damned go....that he can't come to paradise, and Abraham and those in paradise can't come to him...in hell.
See that?
You dont get out of hell. Its "FIXED".....permanent, till a Christ Rejector meets God at the Great White Throne.
And if you read more of the verses Jesus was teaching, he defined Hell as a place of '"TORMENT.""
And it gets worse, as the Lake of Fire is worse.... and that is where you end up, FOREVER, if you die a Christ rejector.

So, Jesus said from the Cross to the dying thief : "today you will be with me in Paradise.".. and that is because the dying thief went there, and Jesus showed up soon to 'preach to the spirit's " there, and that place is Abraham's Bosom, where all the Old Testament Saint's went, who were not sent to hell.

Reader, you do not get out of Hell., because the reason you went there, is the reason you will stay.
You were never born again, and in Hell, you can not be born again.
You can only be born again, on earth....while you are alive and can hear the Gospel and believe it.
There is no Cross in Hell, offered, reader.
There is no Gospel preached in Hell... reader.
Hell is eternal, and its a part of the process of DAMNATION, that is caused by this.... John 3:36

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Well it's a mistery to some people, not to me. There are plenty of other people that believe in purgatory. I'm not the only one that interprets the bible that way.
why don't we live our lives according to our own will then after death our love ones will pray for us and us will eventually enter the kingdom of God that sounds too good to be true to me though Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

are there many who can enter through a narrow gate and a narrow path? is it easy to enter since it is a fact that only a few people go there?

so is your theory about purgatory hard or is it easy?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why don't we live our lives according to our own will then after death our love ones will pray for us and us will eventually enter the kingdom of God that sounds too good to be true to me though Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

are there many who can enter through a narrow gate and a narrow path? is it easy to enter since it is a fact that only a few people go there?

so is your theory about purgatory hard or is it easy?
I'm not an expert, but I think the idea from the Catholic standpoint is that for lesser sins as described in the bible we will suffer for some of them in purgatory. Sins not unto death will not kill a soul, but you may have to suffer for them:

1 John 5:16-18

King James Version

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The idea from the Catholic standpoint is that for lesser sins as described in the bible we will suffer for some of them in spirit prison. Sins not unto death will not kill a soul, but you may have to suffer for them:

1 John 5:16-18

King James Version

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The Roman Catholic teaching on hell is a deception from the devil himself! And totally UNBIBLICAL

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,

The straight gate, is a symbolic reference to Jesus, as the "ONLY" way., and is talking about God's Redemption that is ONLY offered as the Cross of Christ.

Its this..... John 3:16

See that? That is john 14:6. as that is the "gate". or the "way"... This is Jesus who said....only by me, can you go to heaven.

HE is the "gate"......because He is the only "WAY" to be saved.

This next.........this "broadway" that leads to ""destruction""......its "wide"..

What is all that?

Well the "destruction" is Hell then the Lake of Fire.

The "broad way", is all other religion that try to replace the CROSS as the only "Gate"....and all those lead you to "destruction" which is HELL.

See that?

You've heard the Devil's preachers say...>"there are many ways to God"... "many roads to God".
= THAT is the "broad way" that leads to "destruction", being preached by the Devil's own.

So, all other means that man makes up, to try to reach God or become God, is the 'Broad way"...= this is RELIGION, and it leads to HELL, which is "destruction", because the "broad way" denies that JESUS is the ONLY WAY = the "gate" that leads To heaven.

One of the things you discover about Satan is that he does 3 things all the time.

1.) He tries to sound like a real christian, and

2.) He always tries to destroy your faith in the bible, and

3.) He always tries to replace the Cross as the only way to heaven.
He will give you water, works, commandment keeping, ....anything but the Cross.

He tries to replace it, which is how you learn to HEAR the devil's gospel.

Ask yourself....'" is this person denying the Cross", or are they giving credit to the Cross. ??
See, all the devil's deceived try to replace the Cross with something else that you have to DO.......instead of only having faith in Christ to get you to heaven.

Learn to hear them.
They are everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So, Jesus said from the Cross to the dying thief : "today you will be with me in Paradise.".. and that is because the dying thief went there, and Jesus showed up soon to 'preach to the spirit's " there, and that place is Abraham's Bosom, where all the Old Testament Saint's went, who were not sent to hell.
it came to mind the version of hell from story of the richman and the beggar before i even posted i simply ride devin

but of course we all should be wary of doctrines study first before accepting

oh right based on what i read you're full of self assumptions i advise you not to add your own words to the words of God for your own good if not then up to you

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it came to mind the version of hell from story of the richman and the beggar before i even posted i simply ride devin

but of course we all should be wary of doctrines study first before accepting

oh right based on what i read you're full of self assumptions i advise you not to add your own words to the words of God for your own good if not then up to you
The story of the Rich Man and Lazareth are both people that had the chance to accept God. And the rich man didn't do as Jesus told us to do.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story of the Rich Man and Lazareth are both people that had the chance to accept God. And the rich man didn't do as Jesus told us to do.
Thus if folks dont do as JESUS said , where do we think they end up .
BELIEVE YE IN THE ONE WHOM GOD DID SEND . WE might want to send this message right back
to the all inclusive sold out churches . Its just not looking good my friend . Many now believe
there is no need to believe IN JESUS to be saved . Nor do they believe what HE said about being hearers and doers .
Its a madhouse devin . I wont sit at their table of compromise for unity .
MY UNITY is with those WHO LOVE CHRIST above all , THAT is true unity .
Devin so many wont make it . I know i keep saying that , but if one makes and loves a lie , THEY will be damned .
AND I SEE a massive lie that many now love . The creation of a love god that honors all religoins and claims
salvation for all , WITHOUT having to have faith in CHRIST but rather this love they preach .
ITS A LIE DEVIN. NEVER BELIEVE IT .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
oh right based on what i read you're full of self assumptions

I dont make Theological assumptions. I only teach Pauline Theology very clearly.
I leave the theological assumptions to the deceivers who infect this forum.
As you know.

So, if you believe that you can reject Christ on earth and once in hell say...."oopppps, sorry God......can i get out now".
If that is your "assumption" that you have been taught by a Cross rejecting CULT..... then i advise you to open your bible, if you own one, to this verse, as its talking to you today. : John 3:36.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who preaches what is called a pualine or james gospel is already assuming .
Neither man contradicted the other . NOR did they contradict CHRIST JESUS .
WE BETTER LEARN THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES . HURRY . Do not wait nor hesitate , nor in the hands of men leave your FATE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anyone who preaches what is called a pualine or james gospel is already assuming .

Anyone *You* who does not even know what Pauline Theology is, has a problem with the New Testament, as Paul wrote most of it., not including the Gospels.

Now, you can go WikiPedia, and search "Pauline Theology".
Then, you can come back here, and pretend you always knew what it is..
But, .... you are a bit to late to try that trick.

Just note.....Paul wrote most of the New Testament, and what Christians understand as "church doctrine".

This is new news to you, which explains your theology.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone *You* who does not even know what Pauline Theology is, has a problem with the New Testament, as Paul wrote most of it., not including the Gospels.

Now, you can go WikiPedia, and search "Pauline Theology".
Then, you can come back here, and pretend you always knew what it is..
But, .... you are a bit to late to try that trick.

Just note.....Paul wrote most of the New Testament, and what Christians understand as "church doctrine".

This is new news to you, which explains your theology.
I agree with all words paul did teach . I aslo agree with all words james wrote , or peter , or jude
CHRIST above all . Everything Christ taught and later paul or anyone else of them wrote DID not contradict the other .
Ps , i have heard of pauline , and that person was dead wrong . Now maybe he was messed up and was teaching it wrong .
but let me give us all a hint . PETER , JAMES , PAUL . THEY ALL preached the SAME GOSPEL . THEY all preached truth .
Its up to us to heed CHRIST and not men and learn it for ourselves . HOPE that helps . cause men are duping us .
THERE is NOT TWO GOSPELS . ONLY ONE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
let me give us all a hint . PETER , JAMES , PAUL . THEY ALL preached the SAME GOSPEL . .

They all preached the same Gospel, once they all knew it.

They didnt all know it at the same time.

Paul knew it first, as he was given it personally from Jesus.
He was called, by Jesus, to be a "chosen vessel".....unto the Gentiles., and not the other original 12.

Notice this....>"the Apostle to the GENTILES".......see that? That is Paul.

Now Read Acts 10. That is 10 yrs, AFTER, "pentecost"........where Peter was preaching in Acts 2.
In Acts 10...10 = God has to show Peter a REVELATION.....so that PETER can understand, 10 years after Acts 2:38, that GENTILES can be saved.
Peter did not know this, in Acts 10....So he certainly didnt know it in Acts 2:38.

See that?
That is PETER< who does not know Paul's Gospel...........until later....so, he can't preach a Gospel he does not know in Acts 2:38.
Later, he is preaching Paul's "Gospel of the Grace of God".......but not in Acts 2.

Why is this important to learn?
Its because when you understand that not all the Apostles had the same REVELATION at the same time.....then this explains why some seem to contradict what Paul teaches.........and that is because UNTIL THEY KNEW Paul's Gospel, they could not teach it or preach it.
This is Peter in Acts 2:38.
Later, in Acts 15-16, All the Apostles gathered and when that meeting was over, they all preached Paul's Gospel.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why did Jesus preach to the spirits in prison?
it's a mistery
i also want to know
If all of the unsaved dead are already in hell... but not without hope?

All of us were there, but Jesus was sent into this place of death, this grave, this hell, this prison of our own sinful ways and he preached to us. Some of us listened and are listening. Some of us have done something right with what we heard.

Jesus did talk to me and visit me in my hell. He is helping me replace all of that hell with heaven. The resultant new man of me must increase and the old man of me must decrease!

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Jesus came down from the glory that He had with His Father before natural birth to born with a corruptible body in Bethlehem. He came down to the place where the dead dwelt, the dwelling place of the carnal man: hell. Jesus came to bring Life to the dead!

"...but quickened by the Spirit:
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" I Peter 3:18-19

Who else might those spirits in prison be, but you and me and everyone else not born again. We all needed Life... which was where or whom?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Everyone here who has not been born again or born from above [John 3:3] is blind to the things of God and remains "dead". As Jesus put it:

"... Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

The first ones to die in scripture were Adam and Eve when they disobeyed God and suffered the
consequences:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." Gen 2:17

God does not lie. They did eat and they did die. Would not any and all of the offspring of dead people be dead?

In the eyes of God and of Jesus, anyone who could see none of the Truth of God was effectively dead! Jesus came down to this death, but he then overcame everything that stood between him and his place with His Father. This included His corruptible body. He also made it possible for those who had already sinned and earned the death that they were in to have Life as well:

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Did he not come to preach to us, we, who were captives in this prison of sin and sinful ways?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's a mistery to some people, not to me. There are plenty of other people that believe in purgatory. I'm not the only one that interprets the bible that way.
The place of purging... is it not here and now during this time allotted to each of us to purge and overcome all in us that is not of God? Is this not necessary to become like Him? Did God not provide the means through His Son and the Holy Spirit?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither man contradicted the other . NOR did they contradict CHRIST JESUS .
WE BETTER LEARN THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES . HURRY . Do not wait nor hesitate , nor in the hands of men leave your FATE .
Yes, even Paul did not pat himself on the back as he wrote this:

"For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:3-7

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The place of purging... is it not here and now during this time allotted to each of us to purge and overcome all in us that is not of God? Is this not necessary to become like Him? Did God not provide the means through His Son and the Holy Spirit?
It's actually regarding sins that are not unto death. If we are to be saved God must forgive us of those sins. It is not something we can do on our own. It relates to judgment time. Purgatory for Catholics applies to certain lesser sins that God might not forgive us for.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If all of the unsaved dead are already in hell... but not without hope?
All of us were there,

Amadeus, you cut and paste other people's material like a professional.
Did you know that?

So, listen up.......i was never in Hell., but i was on my way, till Jesus changed my eternity.

Here is the thing, amadeus... thousands of "Unsaved dead", went to Hell yesterday, today, and tomorrow, while you are playing with theology on this forum.
You have God's word on it.
Believe it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's actually regarding sins that are not unto death. If we are to be saved God must forgive us of those sins. It is not something we can do on our own. It relates to judgment time. Purgatory for Catholics applies to certain lesser sins that God might not forgive us for.
Many people condemn Catholics without really understanding even what the scriptures say and mean:

The "fire" is absolutely essential. Is not the fire, God?

"For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God." Deut 4:24

"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable." Luke 3:16-17

All of us have "chaff" that needs to be burned up, consumed... The Fire, which is God, will consume it and then whatever is left will be with Him eternally.

Will God no longer be "a consuming fire"?

Of course, for our God never changes, but all of our chaff will be gone... once we have passed through the fire. There will then be nothing burnable left. This is what we need to see in the verse quoted from Daniel 3. Those three Hebrews were in effect thrown into the warm loving arms of their God. The only thing burned of them were the ropes which bound them. [Note that this also clarifies what will be left of sinners who die in their sins: nothing!]

Perhaps what Catholics believe does not line up precisely with scriptures, but I am no expert on Catholicism. What does it mean to purge something or a person?

Reactions: dev553344