• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God." Deut 4:24
"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

Christ The Lord, is a consuming fire, in a few ways.

One, is when He comes back to kill and harm and take revenge on all those who obey not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This is 2 Thessalonians.

Also, when Jesus was running people out of the Temple, using a whip, he was a consuming fire.
This is another Type. This is the "ZEAL" of God....or to be under a heavy anointing.
This is in John's Gospel..>" And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up."" as they watched Jesus do that in the Temple.

See that "ZEAL"...that is "anointing".

Now, HELL, is not God's Zeal. Hell is the 1st stage of the final eternal destination for all those who are under God's damnation, John 3:36. because they have not received Christ as savior by faith and been born again.

So, Hell, was created for the Devil and His angels. And joining him will be his children, = all who are not Son's of God, born again.
That is every unbeliever who dies.
Its every cult member who is not born again.
They will all go to hell to be with their father,.... and the born again, when they die, go to Heaven to be with their father.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people condemn Catholics without really understanding even what the scriptures say and mean:

The "fire" is absolutely essential. Is not the fire, God?

"For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God." Deut 4:24

"For our God is a consuming fire." Heb 12:29

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable." Luke 3:16-17

All of us have "chaff" that needs to be burned up, consumed... The Fire, which is God, will consume it and then whatever is left will be with Him eternally.

Will God no longer be "a consuming fire"?

Of course, for our God never changes, but all of our chaff will be gone... once we have passed through the fire. There will then be nothing burnable left. This is what we need to see in the verse quoted from Daniel 3. Those three Hebrews were in effect thrown into the warm loving arms of their God. The only thing burned of them were the ropes which bound them. [Note that this also clarifies what will be left of sinners who die in their sins: nothing!]

Perhaps what Catholics believe does not line up precisely with scriptures, but I am no expert on Catholicism. What does it mean to purge something or a person?
I don't think God is hellfire though.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, you cut and paste other people's material like a professional.
Did you know that?
Other people's material? Whenever I use someone else 's material I always strive to give credit to the source. My cutting and pasting is mostly from the written scriptures or from my own writings saved to my computer.
So, listen up.......i was never in Hell., but i was on my way, till Jesus changed my eternity.
Perhaps only your direction has been changed with a new destination in mind. It is not for me to say what your destination is today. As for your origin, I believe it was the same as with every man today born of a woman.

Here is the thing, amadeus... thousands of "Unsaved dead", went to Hell yesterday, today, and tomorrow, while you are playing with theology on this forum.
You have God's word on it.
Believe it.
I do not play with theology. Rather I seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. Given that then what will God not add that He knows to be necessary?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not play with theology. Rather I seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. Given that then what will God not add that He knows to be necessary?

Jesus is God's Righteousness, and if you seek HIM by faith, you'll become God's Son, by new birth that God provides.
That's His word, and you can believe it., as faith comes by hearing.
How do i know? Because it happened to me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ The Lord, is a consuming fire, in a few ways.

One, is when He comes back to kill and harm and take revenge on all those who obey not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This is 2 Thessalonians.

Also, when Jesus was running people out of the Temple, using a whip, he was a consuming fire.
This is another Type. This is the "ZEAL" of God....or to be under a heavy anointing.
This is in John's Gospel..>" And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up."" as they watched Jesus do that in the Temple.

See that "ZEAL"...that is "anointing".

Now, HELL, is not God's Zeal. Hell is the 1st stage of the final eternal destination for all those who are under God's damnation, John 3:36. because they have not received Christ as savior by faith and been born again.

So, Hell, was created for the Devil and His angels. And joining him will be his children, = all who are not Son's of God, born again.
That is every unbeliever who dies.
Its every cult member who is not born again.
They will all go to hell to be with their father,.... and the born again, when they die, go to Heaven to be with their father.
I will say that you went to a lot of work to state all of these things to build your theology which are mostly in accord with or in support of established traditions or beliefs of more than one church group and more than one man. But what does God say about all of it?

There is the right hand... and there is the left hand of God.

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

Those guys on the left seemingly did some "good" things, but what was the problem then? Could it be that the first things according to them, were not the first things according to God...?

Remember what is written about following the law here?

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2:10

Has then @Behold written a new law in his 200 some posts for everyone to read and memorize and obey? Will that get where we need to be with God?

Let us not seek a new gospel according to @Behold as he understands the writings of Paul, but rather let us seek the Spirit of God and follow where we would then be led.

Remember what Peter said here:

"Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Acts 15:10

Most of the churches out there have set their own similar kinds of pathways with their own private interpretations, statements of faith and local bylaws. Why would yours be better?

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." Rom 8:3-5

Where and what is that Spirit?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Notice it is to be the Comforter teaching what Jesus taught rather than you teaching what you believe.

To receive the Spirit so as to have the right Leader, you might begin with was what Peter said here:

"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:37-39

Give God the glory!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:37-39

Peter is only talking to Jews, in your verses.
You dont seem to be aware of this... ????????????
Catholics, and similar, never seem to understand, that Peter, in Acts 2, had no idea that Gentiles could be saved.
10 Yrs later, (Acts 10) God revealed this to Peter, but by then Jesus had called Paul to be the apostle to the gentiles., "in the time of the Gentiles".
Are you a Gentile or a Jew, .. amadeus?
If you are not a Jew, then you should really be studying Paul, and if you are a Jew you should really be studying Paul.

So, when you reach into Acts 2, i hope you are a Jew, as Peter is talking to Jews, at a JEWISH FEAST, in JEW-Rusalem..
This is why he is so adamant about that WATER.... as to a Old Testament Jew, the water baptism of repentance that John the Baptist preached, was Everything to them.
Its not anymore, yet some (so called) believers are stuck in the water., and seem to never be able to talk about the BLOOD of Jesus, or the CROSS of Christ.
Have you noticed this, amadeus? Notice it !
But they can RANT about water, till their voices burst into flame.

Heretics love their water.
Christians love that Cross and that *Blood of Jesus. *

*All who have ears to hear, let them discern the difference...*

Later, years later, Peter was not talking about water,., and by the end of His life (2nd Peter) .. Peter is describing Paul's letters as equal to the TORAH. (Jewish Old Testament that Jesus read)....Its the SCRIPTURES that Jews had at that time.
And Peter said that Paul's letters are SCRIPTURE, exactly as the TORAH that he had also., that Jesus used, also.
And Peter is correct, as Paul's Letters became most of the New Testament.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold A gentile is a heathen.

A whole lot of the natural children of Jacob were and are heathen.

That is why most of them died in the wilderness and why most of them denied their own Messiah and why most of them are not followers of Christ today.

God is talking to His sheep, His people, the ones who are listen for and able to hear His voice.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:1-5

Who are his sheep? The ones at the right hand of God; the one who hear and recognize His voice and follow Him!

As for the blood on the cross. That red blood was shed to pay a price, but it did not clean up the ways of men within men nor did it fill the emptiness left when the sins were gone. It did not make anyone Alive even though it made it opened up the Way to Life.

The Spirit is the Blood [not red blood] of Jesus that matters to the followers of Christ after His resurrection. In the OT especially in the Book of Leviticus it is made clear that life is in the blood, but that is speaking of carnal animals [and people] having physical life. It was a type or shadow of the real Life, which was given up in Eden, but brought back and offered to all by Jesus. Jesus came as a physical man with physical blood and he shed that blood, that red blood, but on that day of Pentecost described in Acts chapter 2 something he also shed something that no other physical man had, the Holy Spirit. Men had spirit, but it was corrupted with no real Life in it. Men with only the red blood of the body were effectively dead in the eyes of God.

Jesus came so that men could have Life again and become like him. He did not do that by sharing with us the red blood of his also corruptible [corruptible, but NOT corrupted] body of flesh. The real Life lost in the Garden was and is the Spirit. The prophet Joel speaks of the real blood here:

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." Joel 2:28-29

Peter quotes the words of Joel in Acts chapter 2. That blood, that Spirit, is the only Way to Life, the Life, which Jesus is. It is not only for the natural descendants of Jacob, but for whosoever will. The fact that Peter did not know that simply means that he also had to grow. We all have to grow and approach more closely to God as we walk with and in His Spirit.

Peter spoke as many prophets have done without fully understanding God's message in their own spoken or written words.

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh..." Acts 2:17

Not only on the flesh of the children born of the sons of Jacob! Peter was shown this later...

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." Acts 10:34-35

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all preached the same Gospel, once they all knew it.

They didnt all know it at the same time.

Paul knew it first, as he was given it personally from Jesus.
He was called, by Jesus, to be a "chosen vessel".....unto the Gentiles., and not the other original 12.

Notice this....>"the Apostle to the GENTILES".......see that? That is Paul.

Now Read Acts 10. That is 10 yrs, AFTER, "pentecost"........where Peter was preaching in Acts 2.
In Acts 10...10 = God has to show Peter a REVELATION.....so that PETER can understand, 10 years after Acts 2:38, that GENTILES can be saved.
Peter did not know this, in Acts 10....So he certainly didnt know it in Acts 2:38.

See that?
That is PETER< who does not know Paul's Gospel...........until later....so, he can't preach a Gospel he does not know in Acts 2:38.
Later, he is preaching Paul's "Gospel of the Grace of God".......but not in Acts 2.

Why is this important to learn?
Its because when you understand that not all the Apostles had the same REVELATION at the same time.....then this explains why some seem to contradict what Paul teaches.........and that is because UNTIL THEY KNEW Paul's Gospel, they could not teach it or preach it.
This is Peter in Acts 2:38.
Later, in Acts 15-16, All the Apostles gathered and when that meeting was over, they all preached Paul's Gospel.
Jesus gave the original apostels the gospel . They knew it and preached even before paul had been converted .
MEN are telling you these things . MEN are my friend . THEY preached the gospel from the day of pentecost.

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think God is hellfire though.
God is simply unapproachable by man in his natural or carnal state. In the Garden of Eden, man walked with and talked with God. Then man was cast outside and developed his own ways that twisted and opposed much or even all of the "very good" [Gen 1:31] that God had made in the beginning. God did not change but became unapproachable by men who became abominations to God.

We see the result of this in Daniel 3. The three Hebrews stand in the fiery furnace with the one like the Son of God, whereas the strongest soldiers of the king die from the heat outside of the furnace. That is only a shadow of the real thing. See the real thing here:

Moses said to the Lord:

"... I beseech thee, show me thy glory." Exodus 33:18

And the Lord said to Moses:

"... Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:20-23

Would the time never come when man could look upon the face of God and not die?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So then again, I should ask. What is a sin not unto death? And what if you don't repent of it? And what are Jesus' keys of hell and death for?

Mark 3:28-30

“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 3:28-30

“Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”
That's not what that verse refers to. Death is the wage of sins:

Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

We aren't talking about unforgivable sins.

There are sins that the wage isn't death. They are lesser sins, which is where the idea of purgatory comes from.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not what that verse refers to. Death is the wage of sins:

Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

We aren't talking about unforgivable sins.

There are sins that the wage isn't death. They are lesser sins, which is where the idea of purgatory comes from.

the Bible is clear, that ALL sins will be forgiven, except the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. This is what God Incranate says, and it is the Highest Authority!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold A gentile is a heathen.
Jesus came so that men could have Life again and become like him. "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." Acts 10:34-35

a gentile is a non jew.....is the context of....."Apostle to the gentiles".
That would be you.

Also, God is no respecter of persons....... and "working righteousness" will not get you into heaven.
You have to be born again, and i note that you never talk about the Cross or the new birth.
But you talk a lot about Peter Peter Peter.

Peter is not a Pope, and he's a minor player in the NT.
He's most noted for denying Jesus.
Even Paul had to correct his carnality.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be you.

Also, God is no respecter of persons....... and "working righteousness" will not get you into heaven.
You have to be born again, and i note that you never talk about the Cross or the new birth.

Peter was almost always messing something up....at least he eventually realized that Paul had the correct Doctrine—equal to and as good as anything in Scripture .....he had to admit though that for him, Paul’s Words were “ hard to understand”.....

It’s easy to “ Knock” the poor guy, but let’s never forget that no man before or since was able to walk on water as he did because of his strong faith ( although that sting Faith did not last long....Lol ) He was also the first man to acknowledge with his mouth that Jesus was Who He said He was—-“ You are the Christ, the Son Of The Living God”, so he had “That” going for him too....

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
.....he had to admit though that for him, Paul’s Words were “ hard to understand”.....

It’s easy to “ Knock” the poor guy, but let’s never forget that no man before or since was able to walk on water as he did because of his strong faith ( although that sting Faith did not last long....Lol ) He was also the first man to acknowledge with his mouth that Jesus was Who He said He was—-“ You are the Christ, the Son Of The Living God”, so he had “That” going for him too....

Yes, Peter did say that Paul's Letters, parts, could be difficult to understand.... and he said that people who could not understand Paul's letters, also could not understand the Torah.
Today these same build denominations and live on Forums.
You and i have seen this on a few of them.....

Peter died crucified upside down., according to the history of the Apostle's death.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be you.

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." Rom 2:28-29

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Rom 9:6-8
Also, God is no respecter of persons.......
That simply means that God treats a person always fairly in accord with what the person had to work with.

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

and "working righteousness" will not get you into heaven.
No, it won't, but obeying God is a necessity! What will disobedience get us?

By the power of the Holy Spirit in us, what for us is impossible?
Actually, I have many times over the years I have been here. Perhaps none of them were recent, but recently my average number of posts daily has decreased. I found a couple for you below. There are certainly many others.
Saved, which means what?

Saved, which means what?

I simply quoted scripture or paraphrased what I have read about. Have you gone to the other extreme? Who are we to judge them?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." Rom 2:28-29

This is Paul teaching a spiritual principal, amadeus....... not a literal one.

All the born again are "spiritual Jews"........"Spiritual"..

But JEWS are Jews, literally.....this......>""of the people of Israel"

Paul is a Jew, and he wrote that in Philippians.

You can also ask Jesus......as Jesus the man, is a Jew.....

On the Cross, above Jesus's head, was a sign that said "King of the Jews".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Paul teaching a spiritual principal, amadeus....... not a literal one.

All the born again are "spiritual Jews"........"Spiritual"..

But JEWS are Jews, literally.....this......>""of the people of Israel"

Paul is a Jew, and he wrote that in Philippians.

You can also ask Jesus......as Jesus the man, is a Jew.....

On the Cross, above Jesus's head, was a sign that said "King of the Jews".
So, you have decided you are right. That makes you like other men according to Solomon. Are all men who believe that they are right, right... even when they disagree?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, you have decided you are right. That makes you like other men according to Solomon. Are all men who believe that they are right, right... even when they disagree?

Ah, i note that finding out the Jesus and Paul are Jews, has rattled your cage.
Well, maybe tomorrow you'll feel better, amadeus.

Also, You've proven im right.
And you'll do it again.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, i note that finding out the Jesus and Paul are Jews, has rattled your cage.
Well, maybe tomorrow you'll feel better, amadeus.

Also, You've proven im right.
And you'll do it again.

People like you, help me to help others, as, people like you are not going to listen.
"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the
morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Give God the glory!