No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued.....

In Revelation 14:6-12 God has the final message of warning that His people must deliver before He comes. It is shown as being preached by 3 angels. This is figurative, for it is the responsibility of the church to preach the gospel. It however can be understood that angels are directing and overseeing the preaching. Satan however has a counterfeit message. We see this in Revelation 16:13,14. “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.”

This is a threefold message of demons opposing and deceiving the world at the time of the end.

The following is not intended as evidence for the concept of a ‘Christian trinity’, however, the following does make for very interesting comparisons.

Dragon/Satan.

1. His place in heaven (Rev 12:3,7,8.)
  2. He has a throne. (Rev 13:2, 2:13)
  3. Gives throne, power, and authority to sea-beast. (13:2,4.)
  4. He is worshipped. (13:4a)
  5. Destroyed forever. (20:9,10)
Now compare:
God the Father

1. Dwelling in heaven (Rev 4,5)
  2. He has a throne. (4:5; 7:9-15; 19:4)
  3. Gives throne, power and authority to Jesus. (Math 28:18 Rev 2:27; 3:21; chapters 4,5.)
  4. Is worshipped. (Rev 4:10; 15:4)
  5. Lives and reign forever. (4:9; 5:13; 11:15)
The Land-beast or false prophet.

1. Called the false prophet because he decieves people with regards to religious matters. (16:13; 19:20; 20:10)
  2. Lamb-like. (13:11)
  3. Exercises all authority of sea-beast. (13:12a)
  4. Directs worship to sea-beast. (13:12b,15)
  5. Performs signs. (13:13; 19:20)
  6. Brings fire down from heaven (13:13)
  7. Gives breath/life to beasts image (13:15)
  8. Applies mark of beast. (13:16)
Now compare:
The Holy Spirit

1. Called the Spirit of truth guiding people. (Jn 16:13 Rev 22:17)
  2. Christ-like. (Jn 1426; 16:14)
  3. Exercises authority of Christ (Jn 16:13,14)
  4. Directs peoples attention to Christ (Acts 5:29-32)
  5. Grants gifts..gift of miracles eg.(1 Cor. 12:8-11)
  6. Fire from heaven at Pentecost (Acts 2)
  7. Instills life to us, the image of Christ, ‘Christ in us the hope of glory’… (Romans8:8-11,29)
  8. Applies seal of God. (2 Cor 1:22 Eph 1:13 4:30 Rev 7:3,4.)
The sea-beast or antichrist.

1. Comes from water to begin activity. (13:1)
  2. Resembles dragon. (12:13 13:1)
  3. Ten diadems. (13:1)
  4. Ten horns (13:1)
  5. Receives power throne and authority from dragon/Satan. (13:2,4)
  6. 42 months of activity in first phase. (13:5)
  7. Was slain (13:3)
  8. Resurrected (13:3)
  9. Receives worship after healing (13:3,4,8)
Now compare:
Jesus Christ

1. Comes from water to begin ministry (Luke 3:21-23)
  2. Resembles Father (Jn 14:19)
  3. Many diadems (Rev 19:12)
  4. Lamb has 7 horns (5:6)
  5. Receives power throne and authority from His Father (Math 28:18 Rev 2:27 Chapters 4,5)
  6. 42 months of ministry in initial phase. (Gospel of John)
  7. Was slain (Rev 5:6)
  8. Was resurrected (Rev1:18)
  9. Received worship after resurrection (Math 28:17)
Note how very similar the prophetic characteristics of antichrist are to Jesus.

So do the above attributes of the sea beast match any entity or individual in the world today? How does the above sea-beast or antichrist counterfeit the threefold ministry of the true Christ, as Priest, Prophet and King? Is there an entity in the world today who claims to do just this? Is there one like Judas who is betraying the Master with a kiss, all the while claiming to be a friend? Is there in the world today a religious system or religious ruler who claims to be the earthly representative of Christ as His priest, claiming to be a mediator between God and man? Claiming to forgive sin even, which is the sole prerogative of God, and Biblically and in particular applying to Jesus?
Does this entity also claim the prerogatives of a prophet? Does it claim to speak for God in spiritual matters? Does it claim to stand as God’s spokesman on earth and claim that only through it’s authority can salvation be found, and that when speaking officially is considered on a par with scripture, that is infallible?
And finally, does this entity also claim to be a king? Does it claim authority as a secular power? Does it exercise authority and power within the auspices of a church/state relationship?

The answer my friends to all the above questions is a firm yes.There is an entity in the world today who claims all the above Godly prerogatives which belong only to Jesus Christ. Priest, prophet and king.This entity has set itself up as counterfeit and thus can be affirmatively identified as the Antichrist, the impostor and impersonator of the true. And this entity can be found only in the Roman Catholic church system.
Every one of those nine specific attributes of the sea beast listed above, can be matched to the Catholic Church system. Anyone wanting more info, be glad to oblige.

While I agree with you that the Roman system is filled with all sorts of heresy and apostasy and the like, I disagree that the Church is the Antichrist. The antichrists' is a person and not an entity. And unless the Pope once again gains the massive political and military power it once had in the dark ages, the best a pope can become is the false prophet.

A. Hislop wrote an excellent TOME called the Two Babylons, and while I agree with much of what He says, I have to disagree with his conclusion, which is th esame you draw.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please say you believe Joseph is the biological father of Jesus! Jn 1:45

Or is it interpretated to mean he is the father of Jesus, but the legal father!

He is the adopted Father of Jesus! Even th eoriginal texts support the King James way of saying it in Luke 3:
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

If one has an understanding of jewish culture, the matter becomes very clear.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faith does not make you a member of the new covenant body of Christ church
Baptism does

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Correct- but it is not water baptism but spirit baptism that makes us part of the body and that happens because of faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ought to be sad for the general corruption and unholy conduct of those in the highest positions in the Vatican. The information about this has not come from outsiders. It has come from Vatican officials and priests themselves. It shows that there are those within the Vatican who are not part of the corruption, and are extremely concerned about it. So much so, that they invited a group of researchers in, which resulted in a two-hour video going through the reasons why Pope Benedict resigned. It is the Vatican insiders themselves who have given information about illegitimate children, fornication between priests and nuns, homosexual orgies, and financial mismanagement and receiving funds from the Mafia.

Dave Hunt wrote his book A Woman Rides The Beast in which he did a comprehensive review of the RCC, based not on his own thoughts or the opinions of Protestants, but through what RCs themselves said and wrote.

Unfortunately, your faith in your Church is being undermined by the very people you are acknowledging as leaders, who are bringing your Church into disrepute through their unholy conduct.

the Vatican is not the church
The church is founded on Peter and His valid successors, not anti-pope and false prophets
And on the apostles in union with Peter and their valid successors

they is the great apostasy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course modern RCs might want to forget that the "true" church burned alive those who worked to get the Scriptures into the language of the common people in Germany and England. The "true" Church didn't want ordinary people reading the Bible in their own languages because its false doctrines and traditions would be exposed for what they were due to the people comparing RC nonsense with the truth of what is written in the Scriptures. Ordinary people reading the Scriptures in their own languages, without having to learn Latin would have exposed the RCC as a total fraud, and it went to great lengths to make sure that translation into the common language of the people didn't happen. Of course, the RCC didn't reckon on the power of the Holy Spirit Who ensured that the Scriptures did get to the common people, because, as the Scripture says of genuine believers, "No weapon formed against you shall prosper".

The only thinkg I am grateful for is that despite all teh problems, the gospel is still heard in Catholic Churches and millions of Catholics are saved because they have trusted Christ.

I a saddened that they are saddled with the burden of enormous amounts of heresy that stunts their growth, but I would rather one enter heaven a huncback than walk into hell straight!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the adopted Father of Jesus! Even th eoriginal texts support the King James way of saying it in Luke 3:
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

If one has an understanding of jewish culture, the matter becomes very clear.

jn 1:45 does not say anything but father
And it does not say adopted father
He is the father of Jesus but according to the law

Lk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But all these verses prove the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary
Perpetual Virgin!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct- but it is not water baptism but spirit baptism that makes us part of the body and that happens because of faith.

I dint see any Spirit baptism?
Only Christian baptism eph 4:5
Water: matter an outward sign
Words: form
The spirit and grace: the inward action removing all sin and disposing the soul to receive the gifts of the spirit and faith, hope, and charity

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to all the denominations.

that’s why they exist!
Not denominations but sects
The unity of faith and the unity of the spirit is found in only one body
The one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
that’s why they exist!
Not denominations but sects
The unity of faith and the unity of the spirit is found in only one body
The one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

If we get rid of all denominations and just exist on earth as the born again body of Christ, then we'll be quite similar to what it's going to be like in Heaven, as there are NO DENOMINATIONS in Heaven.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) You have not "exposed" me as a false teacher or preacher; and,

2) When have I ever lied on these forums? (I know I am opening up a can of worms here; but I think that your accusation of me as a liar is unfounded in anything that I may have said). Please note that I define lying here as a deliberate telling of a falsehood.
I've exposed you MANY time in our discussions regarding your asinine claims about the Catholic Church.
However - I'm NOT about to go on a mining expedition. We're only having this conversation because YOU interjected on one that I was having with someone else.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ought to be sad for the general corruption and unholy conduct of those in the highest positions in the Vatican. The information about this has not come from outsiders. It has come from Vatican officials and priests themselves. It shows that there are those within the Vatican who are not part of the corruption, and are extremely concerned about it. So much so, that they invited a group of researchers in, which resulted in a two-hour video going through the reasons why Pope Benedict resigned. It is the Vatican insiders themselves who have given information about illegitimate children, fornication between priests and nuns, homosexual orgies, and financial mismanagement and receiving funds from the Mafia.

Dave Hunt wrote his book A Woman Rides The Beast in which he did a comprehensive review of the RCC, based not on his own thoughts or the opinions of Protestants, but through what RCs themselves said and wrote.

Unfortunately, your faith in your Church is being undermined by the very people you are acknowledging as leaders, who are bringing your Church into disrepute through their unholy conduct.
Oh.....You follow the teachings of the man Dave Hunt.....Now I see where your confusion comes in.

Thanks for your time!!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I've exposed you MANY time in our discussions regarding your asinine claims about the Catholic Church.

The only thing you have exposed is that you are the victim of a water cult, and that you present your deception in a very rude manner.
That's what you've continued to prove, and nothing more.

And you were asked to explain why, if Noah was saved by water as you and all water cultists teach.....Why is it that God would not let them get out of the boat and into the water?
Keep on thinking about that one, because as soon as you try to answer it with water cult water obsession IMMERSION theology, its going to fail again.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we get rid of all denominations and just exist on earth as the born again body of Christ, then we'll be quite similar to what it's going to be like in Heaven, as there are NO DENOMINATIONS in Heaven.

just one true true church

how to be born again? Baptism?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jn 1:45 does not say anything but father
And it does not say adopted father
He is the father of Jesus but according to the law

Lk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

So are you saying Joseph is Jesus biological father?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dint see any Spirit baptism?
Only Christian baptism eph 4:5
Water: matter an outward sign
Words: form
The spirit and grace: the inward action removing all sin and disposing the soul to receive the gifts of the spirit and faith, hope, and charity

Water Baptism doesn't do that! spirit baptism does as Paul declared in corinthians