No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have not posted anything about what Catholics believe for quite some time.

What makes you think that I have continued to post what you previously said I was lying about?

I believe that you corrected what was a mistake in understanding...

But you kind of went overboard in that correction in that you accused me of lying when in all reality I was only mistaken on the information that I had received.

Because lying is a strong word....it implies a deliberate intention to deceive a person.

I know that the Lord has shed abroad His love in my heart via the Holy Ghost...so it is never my intention to deceive a person...for a lying tongue hates those who are afflicted by it (Proverbs 26:28).

No...an exaggeration and a generalization!
I wonder if there is a confusion between two people with similar usernames posting on the thread? I don't know whether there is the possibility of changing your username to separate yourself from the other guy who has blinkers on concerning anything that is not supportive of the RCC.

There have been times where I have had to look twice to make sure that I am responding to the right person.

The other idea is for you to upload a picture associated with your username. My picture of Daisy the Cat makes no mistake about who I am as apart from anyone else.

Just an idea.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you don't get to skate that easily.
You didn't make any "mistakes" - you LIED.

A mistake is 1+1=3. That's NOTwhat you did.
YOU lied about Catholic teaching - even AFTER I corrected you and showed you the documennted PROOF that you wre wrong.

No, I don't think so.

As I recall it, you shamed me into not saying any more what I was saying about the Catholic Church...and because I was uncertain of the information that I had received previously, I ceased from sharing that information.

1 + 1 = 3 is a lie if you are intending to mislead a person as to what the real answer is. It is a mistake if you did not know the answer and miscalculated the reality of the matter.

What I did was the latter.

However, I know that you will not accept this as the reality; for you have the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren.

satan, I will defeat you by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
forbidden

Doctrines outside of Scripture, regarding Scripture are "forbidden"?

Yet, churches regularly establish their own Doctrines outside of Scripture, and teach them.

It goes back to Source of the Doctrine.
Whether the Source...
is Jesus' Doctrine and is it the Lords understanding or a man's understanding, that is being taught.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I suggest you read Exod 20:16, 1 Cor. 6:9 and Rev. 21:8 to see how God disapproves of lies. and condemns those who lie.

And you were going to explain your water cult theology that teaches that immersion is what saved Noah and family, when in fact they never got into the FLOOD WATER?

Start anytime you like, when you find a way to make that work out.
Good luck.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are not refuting his point; you are only substantiating it.

breadoflife is not able to answer a question.
So i'll give it to you, as you have the same Jehovah's Witness theology.
Its this.

breadoflife claims, as you do, that water has the power to save.. THat water baptism is necessary, or God wont save anyone.
That God has to wait on water to impart the Holy Spirit.
So, of course this is a lie, but, that's not going to keep you from teaching it.
Breadoflife teaches, as you do, as the JWs do, that Noah was saved by WATER.
So, that is water baptism, as to be saved by water is baptismal regeneration, that occurs not by looking at water, or dreaming about it, but by getting into the water.
So, Noah was told to stay out of the water. Now was told to build an ARK to stay away from the water, that you say, that the water cults teach, is when God saves and how He imparts the "Spirit".
Got to have that water, you say...
Yet, Noah was never in that water = no water baptism, = no water regeneration.

What does this mean?
It means that if you teach that immersion in water is necessary for God to impart His Spirit, as you teach, and as all water cults teach, then Noah is one more exception that proves that water baptism, or IMMERSION, is not salvation.
Noah stayed OUT of what you and the water cults claim is necessary for receiving the "Spirit" the "gift of the Spirit" and "Salvation".
Note also that Abraham was never water baptized.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has changed on the topic since the thief on the cross?

the death of the savior
heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doctrines outside of Scripture, regarding Scripture are "forbidden"?

Yet, churches regularly establish their own Doctrines outside of Scripture, and teach them.

It goes back to Source of the Doctrine.
Whether the Source...
is Jesus' Doctrine and is it the Lords understanding or a man's understanding, that is being taught.

there’s only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles with authority to interpret scripture and define doctrine and condemn error

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there’s only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles with authority to interpret scripture and define doctrine and condemn error

Really? And what do tell ...what is that "one True Church" "called"?

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ehhh. Not according to Scripture.

how much do you need?

Four Marks of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

The church is One:

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Lk 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mt 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 17:17-23
that they may be one as we are one.

Romans 12:5
so we, who are many, are one body in Christ.

Rom 15:6

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you... that there be no dissensions among you, but that
you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13
by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.

1 Corinthians 12:20
But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were
called in the one body.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2
be of same the mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of
one mind.

The church is Holy:

The church is Holy because Her founder is God, and Holy is His name.

She is the spotless bride of Christ.

1 Timothy 3:15
know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

Colossians 1:18
And he [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church.

1 Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
belonging to God... Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God.

Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

The church is Catholic: (universal)

Jn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matt 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 28:18-20
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jn 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jn 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Jn 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Jn 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world...

Jn 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world

Jn 16:12-13
I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them
now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

2 cor 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us (the whole world) to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

World = Universal = Catholic

The church is Apostolic:

Matthew 16:18-10
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 22:28-30
You [the apostles] are those who have continued with me in my trials; and I assign to you, as my Father assigned to me, a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

John 15:16
You [the apostles] did not choose me, but I [Jesus] chose you and appointed
you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide...

Matthew 28:16,18-20
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee... And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore
and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them [the apostles] again, Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.

Ephesians 2:19-20
... but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone.

Acts 1:
Matthias replaces Judas who had the ministry of apostle.

Heb 3:11 Acts 1:
Jesus is an apostle, the apostles are already in succession to Him, they in turn would have successors.

Acts 15:22
Acts 16:4
——————

Apostolic Succession pre-figured in the successors of Moses!

Mosaic covenant pre-figures apostolic succession with the successors of Moses, sitting in the chair (Greek cathedral) of Moses and Jesus Christ requires obedience of them.
(Mt 23) they had the keys of the kingdom and power to bind and loose!
This power and authority are given to Peter and the apostles and their successors in matt 16:18 and Matt 28:19 the great commission cannot be accomplished by the apostles alone, hence the need for their successors to continue to teach all nations, and baptize the disciples! Jn 4:1 Jesus requires obedience to Peter, the apostles and their successors who have the keys and the power to bind and loose!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture uses words like brother that are interpreted as cousin

sister as sister in law

father as foster father

Nowhere does scripture violate the perpetual virginity of Mary mother of God and our spiritual mother

NOt at all! The greek has perfectly good words for many of those things. Just like Peters wifes mother!(mother in law) That is a false creation!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be so easily-fooled by counterfeits.

Alexander Hislop was nothing more than an anti-Catholic huckster who made up almost everything in his book.
One of his most ardent adherents was a Protestant minister named Ralph Woodrow, who was so taken with Hislop's manure that he wrote his own book on the subject called, "Babylon Mystery Religion".

HOWEVER, when he was preparing a follow-up book, he did some actual research on his literary hero, Hislop and his findings.
To his horror - he discovred that Hislop had invented much of it on his own and the rest was unsubstantiated hearsay, myth and outright falsehood. Instead, he wrote "The Babylon Connection?", in which he DEBUNKS all of Hislop's garbage. He also runs a website apologizing for his own book which he took OUT of print, for obvious reasons.

and yet His work cannot be refuted! Not bad for a huckster. But if you wish to argue Hislop- please starta new thread and we can go after him till the cows come home.

But even removing his book, the RCC is so steeped in idolatry, heresy and blasphemy and it all goes back to Mystery Babylon Th eMOther of all harlots and abominations on the earth!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read your post I immediately thought of this Scripture:

"To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘I know your works, and where you dwell... where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to my name, and did not deny my faith even in the days in which Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.'" Revelation 2:12

So, there is good Scriptural support for having faithful genuine believers within a heretical, false religious organisation. I found a website called, "Mormons for Christ" in which genuine believers in Christ within that organisation decided to stay within so that they could win others to Christ.

Even in many of the apostate mainline protestant churches there are bright flames who remain in the hope of sparking revival. I applaud them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOt at all! The greek has perfectly good words for many of those things. Just like Peters wifes mother!(mother in law) That is a false creation!
I’m not greek, Hebrew either
What happened to your sacred sola?
Bible alone? And kjv?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet His work cannot be refuted! Not bad for a huckster. But if you wish to argue Hislop- please starta new thread and we can go after him till the cows come home.

But even removing his book, the RCC is so steeped in idolatry, heresy and blasphemy and it all goes back to Mystery Babylon Th eMOther of all harlots and abominations on the earth!
Btw Is it ok to burn bad books?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An individual cannot fulfill the tile of the Antichrist, as that particular entity has to meet criteria that can only be meet by an institution that
a. Grows out of the 4th beast of Daniel... Pagan Rome and
b. Is still here at the second coming.
There are other criteria also, but that time thingy...

Wrong, Paul calls Him the man of lawlessness, not an entity of lawlessness.

He is called Satans seed in Gen. 3 Daniel 7:
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Now entities can be Antichrist- but teh eleventh horn is a he who becomes ruler of the world! for 3 1/2 years. Pagan rome is jezebel in the letters. But th eone world superchurch (Mystery Babylon) is an amalgam of world beliefs like is happening even as we write.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What are you talking about??

As I told you - Ralph Woodrow's "The Babylon Connection?" completely destroys Hislop's lies.
Did you even bother to read my last post or visit Woodrow's website?

He actually DID his research, whereas, Hislop simply invented the things he wrote - such asa:
- Claiming that the pagan Roman state religion prior to Christianity worshipped a central Mother Goddess.
They NEVER HAD a central Mother goddess.

- That Jupiter was called "Jupiter-Puer".
This is where Catholics allegedly get thet "worship" of Peter ("Puer").

- That the pagan goddess Semiramis married her son, Nimrod.
She lived centuries AFTER Nimrod, and could NOT have been his mother, NOR could she have married him.

Face it - YOU'VE been duped and you're embarrased to admit it . . .[/QUOTE]

Last edited: