No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just know that I'll always be there to expose you when you make up falsehoods about the Catholic Church in future posts.
Better to just stay honest . . .
It has never been my intention to speak falsehoods about the Catholic Church.

Everything that I have said about it, I have believed to be true when I said it.

My least favorite evangelistic frontier is the people who believe in Catholicism.

I am much happier evangelizing people who believe that they are saved but who are not saved within the realm of evangelical Christianity.

As a matter of fact, my primary ministry is to those whom I consider to be "the visible body of Christ in this world".

That is not the Catholic Church.

So, you can be pretty certain that, unless the Holy Spirit gives me a strong leading to share what you might consider to be lies about the Catholic Church (though they be in all reality statements of absolute truth), I am not going to be sharing those statements of absolute truth because of my knowledge that if I do, certain people who have the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren will accuse me of lying;

And I can do without all of that drama.

But the Holy Spirit may actually lead me to make such statements.

And if that be the case, the statements that I will make cannot be lies;

Unless you are going to say that the Holy Spirit can lead a person to speak lies from the enemy.

And I don't think that you would want to blaspheme Him in such a manner.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has never been my intention to speak falsehoods about the Catholic Church.

Everything that I have said about it, I have believed to be true when I said it.

My least favorite evangelistic frontier is the people who believe in Catholicism.

I am much happier evangelizing people who believe that they are saved but who are not saved within the realm of evangelical Christianity.

As a matter of fact, my primary ministry is to those whom I consider to be "the visible body of Christ in this world".

That is not the Catholic Church.

So, you can be pretty certain that, unless the Holy Spirit gives me a strong leading to share what you might consider to be lies about the Catholic Church (though they be in all reality statements of absolute truth), I am not going to be sharing those statements of absolute truth because of my knowledge that if I do, certain people who have the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren will accuse me of lying;

And I can do without all of that drama.

But the Holy Spirit may actually lead me to make such statements.

And if that be the case, the statements that I will make cannot be lies;
Unless you are going to say that the Holy Spirit can lead a person to speak lies from the enemy.
And I don't think that you would want to blaspheme Him in such a manner.
And YOU think FAR too much of yourself if you actually believe that everything you say comes straight fro the Holy Spirit.

For starters - the Holy Spirit doesn't LIE - and YOU do.
You're filled with pride and arrogance - which is NOT indicative of the Holy Spirit.

Lie I said before - just TRY to stay honest and we shouldn't have any problems . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU think FAR too much of yourself if you actually believe that everything you say comes straight fro the Holy Spirit.
No...I think highly of the Father who has said that He would answer my prayers in the affirmative if I ask in Jesus' Name and according to His will.

My prayer, every night, is that every word that comes off of my keyboard might be from the Holy Ghost.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife,

I will say that the practice of the Catholic Church in excommunicating its members is exactly what the apostle John spoke of in 3 John 1:9-11...

Because the Catholic Church has not been innocent in that I am certain that it has excommunicated people who were in fact true believers in the faith of Jesus Christ...

In the times of the Inquisition I know that there were those who had the same doctrine as Martin Luther who were even tortured for their faith.

I believe that this is common knowledge and indisputable;

However I think that your bias in favour of Catholicism will lead you to say that it is lies.

When in all reality it is absolute truth spoken by the leading of the Holy Spirit and it is the accuser of the brethren who will seek to undermine that truth by accusing its bearer of being a liar.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@BreadOfLife,

I will say that the practice of the Catholic Church in excommunicating its members is exactly what the apostle John spoke of in 3 John 1:9-11...
Excommunication follows the model of St. Paul. Why and How One Is Excommunicated | Catholic Answers You have been misinformed by Protestant propaganda.

Because the Catholic Church has not been innocent in that I am certain that it has excommunicated people who were in fact true believers in the faith of Jesus Christ...

In the times of the Inquisition I know that there were those who had the same doctrine as Martin Luther who were even tortured for their faith.
If the Inquisition disproves Catholicism, then the Protestant Inquisition disproves Protestantism. It's a stupid discussion that promotes further division.

Yea, like the Monty Python Flying Circus is accepted by many as indisputable. Everything was recorded. The archives have been opened up for study and the facts don't support what has been commonly accepted.
Centuries of false propaganda have convinced most people, good Catholics included, that the Inquisition was one of the most evil institutions ever devised. Presented here is a long-overdue defense in which Dr. Marian Horvat, Professor of Medieval History, sets the record straight by completely debunking five of the most common myths about the Holy Inquisition.

MYTH 1: THE INQUISITION WAS REPRESSIVE
MYTH 2: THE INQUISITION WAS INTOLERANT
MYTH 3: THE PROCEDURE WAS BARBARIC AND INHUMANE
MYTH 4: IT WAS THE SPANISH INQUISITION THAT WAS EXCESSIVE
MYTH 5: MAN IS FREE WHEN RELIGION IS NOT PUBLIC

However I think that your bias in favour of Catholicism will lead you to say that it is lies.
We all have our biases; yours is biases in favor of anti-Catholicism, traditions of men.

When in all reality it is absolute truth spoken by the leading of the Holy Spirit and it is the accuser of the brethren who will seek to undermine that truth by accusing its bearer of being a liar.
51LAbRH5nsL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The author is not Catholic, so you can't complain of bias.

Bearing False Witness: Debunking Centuries of Anti-Catholic History: Stark, Rodney: 9781599474991: Books - Amazon.ca

5105VwcE7RL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The New Anti-Catholicism: The Last Acceptable Prejudice: Jenkins, Philip: 9780195176049: Books - Amazon.ca

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I think highly of the Father who has said that He would answer my prayers in the affirmative if I ask in Jesus' Name and according to His will.
My prayer, every night, is that every word that comes off of my keyboard might be from the Holy Ghost.
MY prayer is that I don't sin, either.
UNFORTUNATELY, son - you are a human being with a fallen nature and are prone to sin (Num. 23:19, Job 5:7, Psalm 116:11, Mark 7:21).

Like I said before - just be honest.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife,
As @Illuminator has already schooled you - Paul TAUGHT his readers about excommunicating the unruly as a means of brining them back to the fold.
It's an act of MERCY - not cruelty.

Unless you have ALL the factc - don't start a conversation that you can't substantiate.
That's where you ALWAYS get ito trouble.

Now, I'm giving you a break here because you don't know the FIRST thing about the subjects you're bringing up.
In other words - don't EVER rely on "common knowlege" unless you want to be exposed again for lying . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY prayer is that I don't sin, either.
UNFORTUNATELY, son - you are a human being with a fallen nature and are prone to sin (Num. 23:19, Job 5:7, Psalm 116:11, Mark 7:21).

Like I said before - just be honest.

Numbers, Job, and Psalms were written before the Cross; and Mark 7:21 is answered by Ezekiel 36:25-27 and Luke 8:15.

Those who are born again are no longer prone to sin.

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9;

1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6;

Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10;

1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17;

Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excommunicating people for the wrong reasons was the practice of Diotrephes in the Bible.

3Jo 1:9, I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
3Jo 1:10, Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
3Jo 1:11, Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Some have suggested that Diotrephes was the first Pope. I am not saying that that is the case, only that there is a possibility that it is the case and that there was a cover-up by the Catholic Church because of the scandalous nature of the idea.

Whether he was or not, it should be clear that the practice of excommunicating people for the wrong reasons, though the people being excommunicated were faithful believers, was not unheard of in the early church.

And to say that the Catholic Church was innocent concerning this practice would be to be placing it on a pedestal and holding it in too high a regard.

For the people in the Catholic Church are sinners and prone to sin; and therefore it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they should be guilty of Diotrephan practice in their excommunication of members who were faithful to the Lord in their religion and in their relationship with Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excommunication follows the model of St. Paul. Why and How One Is Excommunicated | Catholic Answers You have been misinformed by Protestant propaganda.

If the Inquisition disproves Catholicism, then the Protestant Inquisition disproves Protestantism. It's a stupid discussion that promotes further division.

Yea, like the Monty Python Flying Circus is accepted by many as indisputable. Everything was recorded. The archives have been opened up for study and the facts don't support what has been commonly accepted.
Centuries of false propaganda have convinced most people, good Catholics included, that the Inquisition was one of the most evil institutions ever devised. Presented here is a long-overdue defense in which Dr. Marian Horvat, Professor of Medieval History, sets the record straight by completely debunking five of the most common myths about the Holy Inquisition.

MYTH 1: THE INQUISITION WAS REPRESSIVE
MYTH 2: THE INQUISITION WAS INTOLERANT
MYTH 3: THE PROCEDURE WAS BARBARIC AND INHUMANE
MYTH 4: IT WAS THE SPANISH INQUISITION THAT WAS EXCESSIVE
MYTH 5: MAN IS FREE WHEN RELIGION IS NOT PUBLIC

We all have our biases; yours is biases in favor of anti-Catholicism, traditions of men.

51LAbRH5nsL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Bearing False Witness: Debunking Centuries of Anti-Catholic History: Stark, Rodney: 9781599474991: Books - Amazon.ca

5105VwcE7RL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The New Anti-Catholicism: The Last Acceptable Prejudice: Jenkins, Philip: 9780195176049: Books - Amazon.ca
Sorry, I don't have the time to read or respond to all of that.

But I think that it is a logical fallacy to think that because there are large books written on a subject, that that subject necessarily has any merit in what it is arguing.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too. I for one am thankful for the great wall that exists between us Protestants and the Catholic church. They should stay on their side of the wall, and we should stay on ours. I'll talk to Catholics inquiring about our side of the wall, but I only rarely start up a discussion with them.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me too. I for one am thankful for the great wall that exists between us Protestants and the Catholic church. They should stay on their side of the wall, and we should stay on ours. I'll talk to Catholics inquiring about our side of the wall, but I only rarely start up a discussion with them.

Interesting. I was raised Catholic. My grandmothers and aunts were devout but the church always seemed spiritless to me. I left as soon as my mother's yoke allowed.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good idea - you should read Woodrow's refutation of Hislop, "The Babylon Connection?".

HOWEVER - I wouldn't go around claiming that Hislop's work is "factual" until I did my homework . . .

By the way - I gave you THREE refutations in my last post that are easy enough to Google.

Well I di dmy homework and tracing teh history of many of the Catholic idols is not hard to find. They are easy enough to google.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I think you think tradition different than I do.

i meant the movie

Tradition!

for instance we always cover our head and wear a prayer shall that shows our constant devotion to God!

As the good book says!

“you can keep your diseased chickens”

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Gee - another blatant lie.

I guess you hve no fear of God - OR his warnings about the eternal consequestes to liars (1 Cor. 6:9 and Rev. 21:8).
Good luck with that . . .

Calling me that, while not posting my quote, makes you a deceiving fool.
Why are water cult people so knowingly dishonest?
I suspect it has everything to do with the head of your Church.
So, you can try it again.
=Same result.
The Light is on YOU.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You completely ignored what I posted and persisted on your own line of reasoning. The horns that grew out of the head of that fourth beast of Daniel 7 are kingdoms, headed obviously by Kings. But politically they are not individuals, for many of those kingdoms that arose from pagan Rome had a succession of rulers, and survived for centuries, far beyond the lifetime of just one person. This can be proved from another if the beasts, the goat. The goat, Greece, had one horn which was replaced by four more. The first horn was Alexander the Great, but upon his death the empire was divided to four of his generals... Cassander, Seleucus, Ptolemy, and Lysimachus. These parallel the four heads of the leopard. The Bible is consistent in it's interpretations of prophecy. Those four horns, while I'm their initial stages were one king, were all in reality kingdoms which had successive rulers. The 11th horn of the fourth beast was no different.
That 11th horn grew among the other ten. It then destroyed 3 of them in it's rise to power. All 11 horns grew from pagan Rome, therefore all 11 must essentially be Roman powers.
History attests to the fulfillment of the prophecy.
Things get very interesting with the 4th beast. We are given much more detail, and our attention is drawn in particular to the “little horn” which grows from the head of this beast, as if God is wanting to focus our attention on this horn, reasons for which you will shortly understand.
Rome was never conquered by any succeeding empire as were the ones before. It slowly devolved as warring barbarian tribes from the north invaded it’s territories, but Rome has always continued to exist but in a different form. It must continue in some form or another in order to be finally destroyed by Christ. The ten horns on the beast are ten kingdoms which developed in the western hemisphere of the empire. One must also remember the ten toes of the statue in Daniel 2 and not to be confused with the ten horns… The ten toes are all destroyed at the second coming, yet 3 of the original ten horns are destroyed in early Christian history. Constantine moved the capital of the empire to Constantinople in the east, leaving the western portion more or less defenceless. It is the western part of the empire that the prophecy focuses on, because it was this part that had by far the greater influence on the church.
It must be remembered that this prophecy was written some 5oo years or more prior to the actual events. Daniel lived in the 6th century BC, these events took place beginning from his time, (Babylon) and continuing down through the ages to today, 2,500 years later. The horns of the 4th beast appeared on the scene around about the 3rd and 4th centuries AD, and the “little horn” began developing in the 2nd century and grew to maturity becoming a power in its own right in the 6th century.
The ten horns represent kings and their respective kingdoms that would arise . Because the horns grow OUT of the beast, Rome, we must look WITHIN that empire in order to find them. (As in the horns of the goat) We must not expect to find any powers to invade from outside the empire. Prophecy, even in these seemingly minor details is completely accurate.
Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things…..
….24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

So what does history show us? The following is a list of ten barbarian tribes that carved out a land niche for their people toward the end of the Roman pagan rule in western Europe. There are 7 modern nations of Europe that descended from these people. 3 of the original 10 were destroyed.
VISIGOTHS………. SPAIN
ANGLO SAXONS….. ENGLAND
FRANKS………. FRANCE
ALEMANNI …….. GERMANY
BURGUNDIANS …… SWITZERLAND
LOMBARDS ……. ITALY
SUEVI ……… PORTUGAL
HERULI ………. ROOTED UP
OSTROGOTHS ….. ROOTED UP
VANDALS ……. ROOTED UP
No trace nor descendant exists today of those tribes that were destroyed.
The little horn, the Papacy, had an integral role in the destruction of those 3.

YOur error is you allegorize too uch!

The ten kings rise out of the fourth beast kingdom, after it has trampled the world (1 world govt.) They are specificall y called ten kings!

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

If one simply followed thecontext without adding all sorts of allegorical reinterpreting we see this:

Out of this kingdom- the fourth beast!
ten kings- are ten horns. That is what it says. the eleventh is a he! He shall subdue three. It sdoesn't say He will have an integral role but that the eleventh horn shall subdue three of those ten kings! You also forget that these ten kings rise to give their allegiance to the eleventh horn! Last i looked, that ain't even close!

If the papacy and the RCC is the eleventh horn- when did this happen then:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

When did those 3 and 1/2 years happen?

Rev. 17:

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

When one takes the whole counsel of Scripture about a prophetic subject and then ;look at history, we see the ten kings have not arisen yet.

See for bible prophecy close enough (liike "playing an integral role") is not good enough!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Gee - another blatant lie.

Ok, lets try it again.

Noah was told not to get into the water, and he didnt.
He was not water baptized by that FLOOD, that killed everything that was breathing.
Your cult teaches that you have to be immersed, and yet Noah was not.
You can't explain this, except to try to pretend that Noah was "saved by water", when in fact he never touched the water.
Noah was saved by the BOAT that kept him out of the water, as directed by GOD.
So, it was GOD who told Noah and family to stay OUT of the water.

So, when you can figure this out, you will have understood why you need to get far far far away from your water cult.
If you could ever figure it out.