No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong, Paul calls Him the man of lawlessness, not an entity of lawlessness.

He is called Satans seed in Gen. 3 Daniel 7:
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Now entities can be Antichrist- but teh eleventh horn is a he who becomes ruler of the world! for 3 1/2 years. Pagan rome is jezebel in the letters. But th eone world superchurch (Mystery Babylon) is an amalgam of world beliefs like is happening even as we write.

from FOTR “he is right and he is right?
They can’t both be right?”
You know something you also are right!
Lol!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't think so.

As I recall it, you shamed me into not saying any more what I was saying about the Catholic Church...and because I was uncertain of the information that I had received previously, I ceased from sharing that information.

1 + 1 = 3 is a lie if you are intending to mislead a person as to what the real answer is. It is a mistake if you did not know the answer and miscalculated the reality of the matter.

What I did was the latter.

However, I know that you will not accept this as the reality; for you have the nature and employment of the accuser of the brethren.

satan, I will defeat you by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.
No - you can ONLY claim "ignorance" the first time.
After you've been corrected and you continue to spew falsehoods - you have LIED.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how much do you need?

Four Marks of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

Christ's Church;

Col 1:18
[18] ...the body, the church...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you were going to explain your water cult theology that teaches that immersion is what saved Noah and family, when in fact they never got into the FLOOD WATER?

Start anytime you like, when you find a way to make that work out.
Good luck.
Gee - another blatant lie.

I guess you hve no fear of God - OR his warnings about the eternal consequestes to liars (1 Cor. 6:9 and Rev. 21:8).
Good luck with that . . .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah and I said that and so......? I have no clue if that Woodrow really refuted Hislop or not! Just because you or I say so doesn't make it so! Maybe to you, but I would prefer to find outr for myself- Desiring to be a Berean.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes mine, do you have a scripture for this?

YOu are free to do with your property as you wish, but a Scripture reference to apply:

Acts 19:19
Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu are free to do with your property as you wish, but a Scripture reference to apply:

Acts 19:19
Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

that’s it!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah and I said that and so......? I have no clue if that Woodrow really refuted Hislop or not! Just because you or I say so doesn't make it so! Maybe to you, but I would prefer to find outr for myself- Desiring to be a Berean.
That's a good idea - you should read Woodrow's refutation of Hislop, "The Babylon Connection?".

HOWEVER - I wouldn't go around claiming that Hislop's work is "factual" until I did my homework . . .

By the way - I gave you THREE refutations in my last post that are easy enough to Google.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So i'll give it to you, as you have the same Jehovah's Witness theology.

No, my theology does not originate from the Jehovah's Witnesses...

But even if it is the same, a broken clock is right two times a day.

breadoflife claims, as you do, that water has the power to save.. THat water baptism is necessary, or God wont save anyone.

The latter part of that is not my position.

I believe that people can be saved apart from water baptism, through faith alone.

So, that is water baptism, as to be saved by water is baptismal regeneration,

Yes, that does occur for those whose baptism is an identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, as their own decision to confess Jesus as their Lord and Saviour before men.

Mat 10:32, Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Luk 12:8, Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

No - you can ONLY claim "ignorance" the first time.
After you've been corrected and you continue to spew falsehoods - you have LIED.

I don't think that I continued to say the same things after you corrected me...

But you can always use the quote feature and try to prove me wrong here.

There is also the possibility that your correction was a lie and that I took it as such...and therefore in continuing to say what I was saying (if I did so), I may have been correcting your lies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regeneration =new creation= new birth

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

regeneration yes by the complete ritual of baptism
Water words grace Holy Spirit
The whole enchilada

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that I continued to say the same things after you corrected me...
But you can always use the quote feature and try to prove me wrong here.

There is also the possibility that your correction was a lie and that I took it as such...and therefore in continuing to say what I was saying (if I did so), I may have been correcting your lies.
I'm not going to re-argue your lies.
Suffice it to say, I caught you several times, corrected you - and you continued to lie, regardless.

As for my corrections being lies - I have never lied about what the Catholic Church teaches OR beieves.
What would I possibly gain by doing that??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to re-argue your lies.
Suffice it to say, I caught you several times, corrected you - and you continued to lie, regardless.

As for my corrections being lies - I have never lied about what the Catholic Church teaches OR beieves.
What would I possibly gain by doing that??
Maybe you only think that you didn't lie.

Since your definition of a deliberate lie is that it also includes when a person repeats misinformation, it may even be true that you have LIED when you repeated misinformation about the Catholic Church given to you by the Catholic Church.

Also, never is a strong word...to say that you have never lied is a lie in and of itself.

For, when you began to accuse me of lying, I began to search for lies that were told by you (for a good defense is a good offence)...and suffice it to say, they were not lacking in the things that you had been posting. I believe that when all was said and done, I had found a total of at least eight lies that had been told by you.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wrong, Paul calls Him the man of lawlessness, not an entity of lawlessness.

He is called Satans seed in Gen. 3 Daniel 7:
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Now entities can be Antichrist- but teh eleventh horn is a he who becomes ruler of the world! for 3 1/2 years. Pagan rome is jezebel in the letters. But th eone world superchurch (Mystery Babylon) is an amalgam of world beliefs like is happening even as we write.
You completely ignored what I posted and persisted on your own line of reasoning. The horns that grew out of the head of that fourth beast of Daniel 7 are kingdoms, headed obviously by Kings. But politically they are not individuals, for many of those kingdoms that arose from pagan Rome had a succession of rulers, and survived for centuries, far beyond the lifetime of just one person. This can be proved from another if the beasts, the goat. The goat, Greece, had one horn which was replaced by four more. The first horn was Alexander the Great, but upon his death the empire was divided to four of his generals... Cassander, Seleucus, Ptolemy, and Lysimachus. These parallel the four heads of the leopard. The Bible is consistent in it's interpretations of prophecy. Those four horns, while I'm their initial stages were one king, were all in reality kingdoms which had successive rulers. The 11th horn of the fourth beast was no different.
That 11th horn grew among the other ten. It then destroyed 3 of them in it's rise to power. All 11 horns grew from pagan Rome, therefore all 11 must essentially be Roman powers.
History attests to the fulfillment of the prophecy.
Things get very interesting with the 4th beast. We are given much more detail, and our attention is drawn in particular to the “little horn” which grows from the head of this beast, as if God is wanting to focus our attention on this horn, reasons for which you will shortly understand.
Rome was never conquered by any succeeding empire as were the ones before. It slowly devolved as warring barbarian tribes from the north invaded it’s territories, but Rome has always continued to exist but in a different form. It must continue in some form or another in order to be finally destroyed by Christ. The ten horns on the beast are ten kingdoms which developed in the western hemisphere of the empire. One must also remember the ten toes of the statue in Daniel 2 and not to be confused with the ten horns… The ten toes are all destroyed at the second coming, yet 3 of the original ten horns are destroyed in early Christian history. Constantine moved the capital of the empire to Constantinople in the east, leaving the western portion more or less defenceless. It is the western part of the empire that the prophecy focuses on, because it was this part that had by far the greater influence on the church.
It must be remembered that this prophecy was written some 5oo years or more prior to the actual events. Daniel lived in the 6th century BC, these events took place beginning from his time, (Babylon) and continuing down through the ages to today, 2,500 years later. The horns of the 4th beast appeared on the scene around about the 3rd and 4th centuries AD, and the “little horn” began developing in the 2nd century and grew to maturity becoming a power in its own right in the 6th century.
The ten horns represent kings and their respective kingdoms that would arise . Because the horns grow OUT of the beast, Rome, we must look WITHIN that empire in order to find them. (As in the horns of the goat) We must not expect to find any powers to invade from outside the empire. Prophecy, even in these seemingly minor details is completely accurate.
Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things…..
….24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

So what does history show us? The following is a list of ten barbarian tribes that carved out a land niche for their people toward the end of the Roman pagan rule in western Europe. There are 7 modern nations of Europe that descended from these people. 3 of the original 10 were destroyed.
VISIGOTHS………. SPAIN
ANGLO SAXONS….. ENGLAND
FRANKS………. FRANCE
ALEMANNI …….. GERMANY
BURGUNDIANS …… SWITZERLAND
LOMBARDS ……. ITALY
SUEVI ……… PORTUGAL
HERULI ………. ROOTED UP
OSTROGOTHS ….. ROOTED UP
VANDALS ……. ROOTED UP
No trace nor descendant exists today of those tribes that were destroyed.
The little horn, the Papacy, had an integral role in the destruction of those 3.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
3 kings, Alaric, Genseric, and Theodoric led these 3 nations. At a time when the Christian faith had become the official religion of the Roman empire, (although in a much compromised form) , these former pagan kings as one can well understand had some problems with the new faith. Several matters they disagreed with, the 2 main ones being the divinity of Christ and the authority of the bishop of Rome over the church. When Constantine left the Roman secular rule empty after taking the capital of the empire to Constantinople, the bishop of Rome took up the mantle and began to exercise secular authority over Rome as well as spiritual. Power went to their heads and it wasn’t long before the bishops there began calling themselves popes or pontifex maximus after the pagan rulers did before Christianity, but also claimed authority over all Christendom, outside of Rome as well.
This did not sit well with many, not only the barbarain tribes just mentioned, but also true believers in Christ who wanted nothing to do with politics and thought the church should be completely separate from the state. (An argument still going on to this day) These Christians were roundly persecuted by the state/church union, along with Jews, and non-Christians alike.
The 3 tribes were a constant thorn in the side of Rome, and had to be dealt with before the popes could claim complete sovereignty as the Ostrogoths in particular, occupied Rome itself and the bishops ruled only through tolerance.
The Catholic emperor Zeno arranged a treaty with the Ostrogoths in 487 AD which resulted in the eradication of the Heruli 6 years later. The emperor Justinian exterminated the Vandals in 534 AD. The following year, the spiritual rule over all the churches of the empire by the Roman bishop was made official by Justinian, as well as secular ruler of the city of Rome. The Ostrogoths however still occupied Rome, and thus the bishops were deprived of full autonomy at this time. The next year however, in 538, they were expelled from Rome. It is from this date that the church/state union of the Roman Catholic church came to full power. This date takes on further significance as I will explain later. The Ostrogoths were finally defeated completely 15 years later, in 553 AD.
Although these kings were destroyed by secular armies, it was at the instigation and the approval and the assumed authority of the bishop of Rome that it was undertaken. Thus the prophecy is remarkably fulfilled, the ten horns are identified, the 3 that were destroyed confirmed, and the first clue as to the identity of the little horn revealed.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since your definition of a deliberate lie is that it also includes when a person repeats misinformation, it may even be true that you have LIED when you repeated misinformation about the Catholic Church given to you by the Catholic Church.

Also, never is a strong word...to say that you have never lied is a lie in and of itself.

For, when you began to accuse me of lying, I began to search for lies that were told by you (for a good defense is a good offence)...and suffice it to say, they were not lacking in the things that you had been posting. I believe that when all was said and done, I had found a total of at least eight lies that had been told by you.

Just know that I'll always be there to expose you when you make up falsehoods about the Catholic Church in future posts.
Better to just stay honest . . .