No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whore took over my friend . They all knew it was coming . MEN came in and led the churches astray .
AND THE UNHOLY ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH took over . BIRTHED in the days of constantine .
IT TOOK OVER my friend . COME YE OUT from amongst her . WE must return to bibles now .
The true church has always existed . ITS BEEN TRUE LAMBS and they NEVER CONFORMED to the HARLOT .
OH but she killed many through all ages . SHE WILL AGAIN . SHE WILL AGAIN . I say this out of great concern and love for the peoples .
WE MUST return to our bibles and learn them well .

Christ says not

matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ and his church are one! Acts 22:9
The Holy Spirit is guaranteed to the church thru the teaching authority of the apostles!

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword:

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
We receive the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14); not through faith in the apostles and their successors.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
christ established the church on Peter
Matt 16:18
You cannot give authority or the keys to a confession but to a person

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword:

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
I don't believe in the church that claims Apostolic succession. It is a Satanic fraud - a counterfeit church. No way will I allow a fraudulent church teach me anything.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually paul refers to HEAVENLY JERUSALEM as our mother .

chapter and verse for that? So that you can make your teaching clearer and more substantiated.

And king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

Take a wild trip through the book of Jeremiah to see what the LORD thinks of the queen of heaven.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The church that claims Apostolic succession and the Chair of Peter teaches that all Protestants are condemned to hell. Also it teaches that not accepting the teaching of Indulgences (paying the church to get loved ones out of purgatory), Purgatory, and the overall authority of the Pope. condemns a person to hell. Read the Council of Trent which was ratified by Vatican II, and it states it all very clearly.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the lie that has been promoted by the Catholic Church for hundreds of years. Thankfully many former Catholics have seen through this tyranny, and left that church.

The point is you have to be taught by the True Church that has the True Gods Holy Spirit. Is that the church that Enoch says it is or Nancy or who? The truth is that while I agree that we should be taught by the True Church, different people are going to say which church is the True Church. So the fact is we all individually must make a decision on what the actual truth of God and his Messiah is and what congregation is teaching it. So the plain truth is as individuals were not all going to agree what Church is the True Church that has the True God Holy Spirit.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is you have to be taught by the True Church that has the True Gods Holy Spirit. Is that the church that Enoch says it is or Nancy or who? The truth is that while I agree that we should be taught by the True Church, different people are going to say which church is the True Church. So the fact is we all individually must make a decision on what the actual truth of God and his Messiah is and what congregation is teaching it. So the plain truth is as individuals were not all going to agree what Church is the True Church that has the True God Holy Spirit.
I don't believe any one church is the true church. That's why I quit looking for it. I think you arrive at the complete truth of God through your own journey of discovery and discernment as you read your Bible and fellowship with other believers who also read their Bibles. That way you don't only get the narrow denominational view of the particular church you are attending.

That's just me. Everyone has to make their own decision about where they will go to church, and even if they will go to a formal church service at all. Personally, I came to the conclusion that formal church was a waste of time. I felt I was serving a tradition that I thought God wanted me to tough out but which, honestly, did little to nothing for me spiritually and kept me from being a spiritual blessing to others. Right now I learn more from talking to my brothers and sisters on line.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. According to John's gospel, the Holy Spirit is the successor to Jesus.
I get what you're saying but I would say Jesus is still in charge and has no successor. He is the Chief Shepherd and always will be (1 Peter 5:4). He alone is the Head of the church (Ephesians 4:15-16). The question is, does he always keep a right hand man in this life to direct the affairs of the church? No. He never did. Plurality of elders has always been his modus operandi.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is Roman: Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

And how does this point to the Body of Christ being the Roman church?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We receive the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ (Galatians 3:14); not through faith in the apostles and their successors.

where does it say you are free from error cause of the HS
Thousands of Protestant denominations defy that and they all teach contradictory doctrine
No the the HS is only found in the holy church of the apostles in unity and one faith free from error

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. According to John's gospel, the Holy Spirit is the successor to Jesus.

Only in the church of the apostles
In unity and faith eph 4:5

as opposed to thousands of Protestant denominations all teaching contradictions
No unity of the body or doctrine

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in the church that claims Apostolic succession. It is a Satanic fraud - a counterfeit church. No way will I allow a fraudulent church teach me anything.

explain matt 28:19-20
Christ sends his apostles to teach the nations and says I am with you (the apostles) until the end? The apostles must remain until the end teaching the nations and making disciples by baptism the promise of the father acts 2:38-39
Promise is a sacred oath or sacrament

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
chapter and verse for that? So that you can make your teaching clearer and more substantiated.

Take a wild trip through the book of Jeremiah to see what the LORD thinks of the queen of heaven.

gal 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

the condemnation of the false queen of heaven is a verity that there must be a true queen of heaven
Just like condemning false Christ’s proves that there is a true Christ

in the line of kings of david the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

rev 12:1 queen in heaven

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does it say you are free from error cause of the HS
Thousands of Protestant denominations defy that and they all teach contradictory doctrine
19These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. Jude 1:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not if you are brainwashed into the religion of catholicism.

Jn 10:16 apostles be fold

The Ark of Salvation!

The church is founded by Christ and the sacraments are instituted by Christ for the salvation of all men!

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9
The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:
1 Tim 3:15

The church of the living God:
1 Tim 3:15

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Hope you can swim? Cos outside the ark of salvation all drown!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how does this point to the Body of Christ being the Roman church?
“These kings” refers to the Roman Empire
The body of Christ the church of Christ conquered the Roman Empire
To the victor go the spoils
Viva Christ the King!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. Jude 1:19
Good verse but He is refering the
one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

Christ and His church are one: acts 22:9 why persecute me?

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Any denial of the divinity of Christ: or His incarnation: or the Holy Trinity is antichrist! Or Christ from His Holy Church! Or the unity of Christians with the church, the body of Christ, the new covenant in union with the mediator and in communion with God and the saints!

“Faith alone” denies the Union of the Christian in the church thru the sacraments promised by the Father and instituted by Christ!

Must be taught by the Catholic Church!
Matt 28:19

Heresy is a treason against God!

Intermediary acts 8 & 9

Which apostles, fathers, doctors, missionaries, or saints was ever a “faith alone & Bible alone” puritanical fundamentalist Protestant?

In the person of Christ
2 Corinthians 2:10
To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The nature of the church!

Jesus is one with His church!
Acts 22:9 Saul, Saul why do you persecute me? Saul was persecuting the church!

Seek first the kingdom of God, seek ye first the church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Jesus Christ is the treasure and the field is His Holy church!

The holy church is necessary for salvation!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which apostles, fathers, doctors, missionaries, or saints was ever a “faith alone & Bible alone” puritanical fundamentalist Protestant?
'Faith alone' is condemned in the scriptures (James 2:24). Don't confuse that with "righteousness apart from works" (Romans 4:5). They are not the same thing. Don't condemn Protestants just because even most of them don't know the difference but in truth really do defend Romans 4:5, not the dead faith of James 2:24.

I think your fundamental stumbling block is that you do not understand that the church, the body of Christ, is Christ himself, not a denomination of assembled people (yes, your church is a denomination) who perform supposedly accurate and, therefore, acceptable religious ceremonies and rituals.

You get connected to Christ's body when you receive the Spirit in salvation through faith. That's what makes you a part of his body, just like how your spirit inhabits your arms and legs. And so it is with Christ's body. Only those members in which his Spirit is in are connected to and a part of his body. Religious walls and barriers and rituals and ceremonies are not what determines who is an arm or a leg of Christ's body. Faith in Christ does.

Last edited: